Anyone hitting honeyholes for natives?

Author
Over the Hill
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2382
  • Reward points: 0
2008/09/22 23:46:31 (permalink)

Anyone hitting honeyholes for natives?

Trogged out of the beaten path for some natives this weekend and got skunked. Saw VERY few fish. Wondering if the heavy rains this past year pushed them down stream or out of the banks to become coon bait. Very disappointed. not even a chub!

Hit the Big D. for smallies but the boat traffic was bad... skunked there too. Catfishing at night...you guessed it skunked there too! Fish gods are peeeeeeebed off at me for some reason... maybe i got all my "bad" times fishing done all in one day and the Salmon and steel seasons will be bountiful!

Here's a couple pics... still a nice day to be out and about.

post edited by Over the Hill - 2008/09/22 23:47:12

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...

5 Replies Related Threads

Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    RE: Anyone hitting honeyholes for natives? 2008/09/22 23:54:33 (permalink)
    Kumputer bugged up. pics won't post 2nite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these other pics are weird....won't post. it won't paste from copy and it's plenty small enough...did it many times before. fishing gods are still after me...
    post edited by Over the Hill - 2008/09/23 15:54:54

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: Anyone hitting honeyholes for natives? 2008/09/23 07:09:41 (permalink)
    Not right now, but I will hit the Allegheney national forest in Oct for some native brookies. No one on the streams and you can catch a pile of them.
    Last year I got a 10" male brookie that was absolutley beautiful.
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: Anyone hitting honeyholes for natives? 2008/09/23 08:00:51 (permalink)
    I'm trying to take friday off... If I do I'll be out in the morning for a couple hours hitting up some favorite spots.
    flyfishermanPA
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1495
    RE: Anyone hitting honeyholes for natives? 2008/09/23 19:09:15 (permalink)
    I've hit Cameron County and Elk County streams for the past couple of months with limited success. Biggest fish around a 7 inch brookie that took a size 18 pheasant tail in early Spring. Besides that not much going on.

Lately I've been hiking deep into the woods looking for this creek I saw last December. On just a hike to get out of the house we came across this fairly wide creek that looked promising. Nearest road maybe 2 miles so we knew we had this all to our selves. We hiked back but never forgot about it. I went there last July wondering how the water was and it was holding up well. Needless to say it looked like a trout's paradise. Overhanging branches, deep undercut banks, and even what looked like a beaver dam. I figured out it flowed into a local private lake that doesn't get much attention among residents.

I think I'll walk it with rod Saturday and tell you guys how I do.
    Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    RE: Anyone hitting honeyholes for natives? 2008/09/23 19:21:42 (permalink)
    Best of luck to you Gents.  One thing  I didn't mention was the leaf litter in the creeks. It was a pain. A lot maples.  Seems too early to me for some reason.
    post edited by Over the Hill - 2008/09/23 19:25:18

Attached Image(s)

OVER THE HILL

Jump to: