Yough in Coulter

Author
DirtDit
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/23 09:23:43 (permalink)

Yough in Coulter

Anyone know if the boat launch in Coulter is still accessible ??

How's the fishing been around there ??

DirtDit

4 Replies Related Threads

eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4012
    RE: Yough in Coulter 2007/05/23 21:50:31 (permalink)
    accessible if you join the club there.  I think they meet the third wednesday every month but not sure on that.  I haven't joined in awhile so I don't know all the details.  I have been launching at Boston lately.
    matt_esox
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 78
    RE: Yough in Coulter 2007/05/23 22:36:46 (permalink)
    I had their site bookmarked on my old computer.. but after a search I believe it is http://www.yspa.net/.
    That's a great stretch, like the rest of the river. I usually fish downstream from there but I've been fishing in that general area and have been doing "okay". They're definately in there though.
    plnoldrick
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: Yough in Coulter 2007/05/23 23:33:22 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: eyesandgillz

accessible if you join the club there.  I think they meet the third wednesday every month but not sure on that.  I haven't joined in awhile so I don't know all the details.  I have been launching at Boston lately.

that launch in boston is great isnt it? i love launching a boat and having to use rappelling gear to get down to it!

in all honesty though it would be nice if they fixed some of these launches. boston is rediculously steep and 10th ward has crazy humps and a dropoff. im just jealous though because im a poor boatless fool.
    matt_esox
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 78
    RE: Yough in Coulter 2007/05/24 00:42:55 (permalink)
    Boston is rediculous.. Even though I've never used that launch, that is one hell of a grade!
    I actually found a good shore fishing spot while walking the dog one evening up by Buena Vista. It looked like an old pay pond right by the river, there was also an old launch there that has obviously not been used in years. There is nice hole up river from there about two miles, by an island (not Turner). It might be the place talked about in another thread. I wonder if that 9.9 on that abandoned pontoon by the old launch is any good?!
    Jump to: