Guidance....

Author
Banana Boat
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 131
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/14 16:58:26 (permalink)

Guidance....

Hello fellow anglers.....gonna be in Ft. Lauderdale visitin Grandma for 5 days or so.....This area is absolutley flooded with fishing guides,trips, etc.......Can anyone toss a few suggestions my way for a good guide or service for Salt or Freshwater???   Think my wife will let me go for 1/2 day....Thanks in advanced

3 Replies Related Threads

old_man
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: Guidance.... 2007/05/14 17:38:44 (permalink)
    Expensive, I had the same plans til I discovered the costs.
    coolerfull1
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 257
    RE: Guidance.... 2007/05/14 19:50:37 (permalink)
    go with the ones who are catching fish, even if they are not catching trophies.  years ago i chose the wrong bass guide when vacationing in florida, i went with him because he said he was a trophy bass guide and all kind of other BS.  he was the biggest joke ever!  we were in the lake okeechobee area and i know i could have caught more bass on my own even though i didn't know the waters at all.  the other guides where catching fish but i thought i was getting my moneys worth by choosing one who claimed all this other crap about giant bass.
    plnoldrick
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: Guidance.... 2007/05/14 22:06:42 (permalink)
    http://www.floridasportsman.com/ <-----that is pretty much the end all when it comes to florida fishing.

oh and if you get a guide for freshwater and you happen to notice there is a cold front approaching, just call and cancel. bass in florida completely shut down when cold fronts come through. if i were you i would look into targeting peacock bass. theres tons of them in the canals down there.
    Jump to: