loyalhanna dam

Author
old_man
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/14 02:38:26 (permalink)

loyalhanna dam

After spending the morning scrubbing orange film off my boat, that would not come off from just a pressure washer, I decided to keep my boat out of the uncleanly waters of the Loyalhanna and just shore fish the outflow of the dam instead this evening. My results were a few small walleyes, a couple channel cats, and a decent sun fish, if there is such a thing. I'm considering the Conemaugh dam outflow tomorrow.

2 Replies Related Threads

JMZ82
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 306
    RE: loyalhanna dam 2007/05/14 10:20:02 (permalink)
    What did you catch the walleye and the cats on?  I caught a small walleye and bass one day last week on a white crankbait.  Also the sunfish may have been a rockbass the small ones resemble a blugill/sunfish and loyalhanna seems to have a good many of them.  I have heard pumpkinseed (look like  a bluegill but a little more colorful) refered to as a sunfish. 

old_man
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: loyalhanna dam 2007/05/14 12:40:45 (permalink)
    Majority of the fish were caught on nightcrawlers with 2 heavy split shots that were just drifting around in the current. I believe 2 walleyes were caught on minnows fished the same way. I believe one was shiner and one flathead because I ran out of shiners. The sunfish was a redbreast sunfish and yes, I have caught rock bass here before too, they are a little more exciting than the abundant sunfish.
    Jump to: