AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..126127128129130.. > >> Showing page 128 of 199
Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/03 14:54:57 (permalink)
Wind is now causing havoc. Trees are crashing and wood stove is back drafting. Very dangerous outside right now . Be safe out there

For you farm boys , the Mae will be in town around first week in June.
Riders are welcome and any animals not named , are welcomed to my freezer or back yard if still on the hoof .
I really need to get that going again as I have the acreage

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3067
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/03 21:13:37 (permalink)
Gotta respect a man who names his pig appropriately.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/03 21:26:05 (permalink)
And disrespect to a pig who names men. FU Greg
post edited by hot tuna - 2016/04/03 22:43:56

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/03 21:46:34 (permalink)
Dang, looks like some yinz in New York (Buffalo east to Syracuse) could get whacked again tonight.   I see NNE PA is favored for additional snow also.  Hang on, Spring is coming!!!

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/03 22:05:19 (permalink)
We are doing just fine here . All of last nights snow is gone and grass is green again.
If we get more , it will not last more then a day or 2 .
I have no plants that I worry about, only boats and they are still hibernating, for now.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/05 07:17:02 (permalink)
14 degrees F. as the sky turns pink announcing the arrival of the sun, cattle are grazing the pasture across the road while patches of light snow laying on the grass, make for a quilt work of white and green.

The flag lays lifeless as it awaits the first winds of the day; said to begin from the north, then from the north/north/west at 8 miles per hour, bringing with it a high temperature in the mid thirties today.

Forecast for the remainder of the week calls for warming temperatures along with strong winds and rain as I sit oiling and polishing the HMR in anticipation of laying the cross hairs between the eyes of my first varmint for the year, hoping, his name is Phil.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1231
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/05 07:51:39 (permalink)
I'll have you know I cut grass Friday and shoveled snow Saturday!
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/05 20:49:35 (permalink)
It was 6 this morning and supposed to be almost as cold tonight. The cows are itchen to go outside.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/05 21:25:24 (permalink)
We had 12 @ 6am. Sun was out most day . While it only got to 35 , it felt warm and with the ground holding temperature, most snow melted . Should be gone by Thursday with rain expected. Making it tough to put water to the I/O so we will sport small boats and outboards this weekend.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/06 07:36:35 (permalink)
Weather dude was right on the money with this mornings [04/04/16] forecast of 32 degrees F, mostly cloudy and, wind from the south.  Saw just a hint of fuchsia at the skyline and watched as the band grew wider and richer in color then, before I could grab the camera, the sky was a cold winter gray once more.  So I grabbed my buddy joe and we sat down at the table, watching the flag wave in the north bound wind, as we planned our day.   Not likely to be wetting any lines, weather dude says we can expect those winds to reach 22 MPH as the day grows old but the 60 degree temps. said to arrive this afternoon, sure will be welcome after the past several days of, winter again.

For yinz that can make it out today, tight lines.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/04/07 07:39:58

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/07 07:49:19 (permalink)
Haaaarummmph [04/07/16]

Pouring rain like the proverbial cow and flat rock, wind is from the south and wispy.  Temperature may hit 45 degrees.

It's a beautiful day in Penn's Woods.

Whoops, wind update, now out of the WSW and ripping.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/08 06:51:05 (permalink)
 [04/08/16] 

Inch or two of fresh snow on the ground this morning; here in the NW corner of Penn's Woods, making for a lovely winter wonderland as the sun begins lighting the horizon.  Weather dude says to expect 2-4" more sometime after midnight and 6:00 AM tomorrow.

Think spring and tight lines.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/04/09 06:36:16

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/09 06:45:58 (permalink)
[04/09/16]  

Who was it that said; the NE US would experience dryer conditions and warmer than average temperatures this spring because of El Nino?   Would these be the very same people whom tell me "Global Warming"  errrr......  "Climate Change" is anything but a natural phenomenon?

29 degrees this morning with light and variable wind from the north.

And now:  Yinz know the rest of the story!!!

Tight lines.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/09 06:53:01 (permalink)
Keep it in pa btdt .
We got a frost on the boat this morning @ 25 degs and ready to hit the water :)
Look out stripers here we come

pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/09 08:13:52 (permalink)
Here in NE Ohio it's a WINTER wonderland,snow cover on everything and still coming down.Yesterday I got the skunk AGAIN,did n't get a hit and did n't see a fish although I talked to one group that said they hooked a couple.Might cut the trip short and head for home and get something useful down around the house,the Steelhead season has been a bust and I'm getting tired of it.
Hope you have a better time out on the Hudson Rich
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/09 10:08:49 (permalink)
Perfect conditions @ 7am . Rods in water by 8. Now the wait and slight north breeze starting .
In for the day and hope for the best

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/09 15:49:28 (permalink)
28 and a whipping wind here. Time for a brake job on my car

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/09 16:30:08 (permalink)
Just pulled out . Got burr out on water. Clouds rolled in and wind picked up.
Time to head to barn and light my fire :)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/09 21:30:37 (permalink)
Tomorrows plan / skip big muddy ( not so bad ) river and hit the panfish lake .
Still about 2 weeks out before things light up for linesiders. We will be ready as all the shakedown bugs have been identified.
Hoping for buckets full of mixed deep fried tomorrow

twobob
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1674
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/10 05:45:31 (permalink)
Good luck!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/10 08:03:45 (permalink)
[04/10/16]    Late morning edition.

17 degrees F,  the flag,  appears lifeless while the wind is at a dead still as a brilliant sun raises above the eastern tree tops bringing light to a gorgeous blue sky.  Snow still covers much area including my deck where patio furniture, once enjoyed but a few weeks ago, now sits.

Weatherman says to expect the temperatures to gradually warm into the forties bringing some mixed precip. this afternoon, eventually turning to all rain, continuing into the night.

Meanwhile, joe and I attempt to schedule our day which will include the final prepping, to the new home of the Fish Hawk.

HT I did my best to keep as much of the snow as possible and I trust you were not the recipient of such. Sorry about the wind as I became blinded by the snow causing a rant containing many, many and also, a lot of illicit language.

Tight lines to you and to all.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/04/10 08:05:47

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/10 19:37:25 (permalink)
The morning plans of panfish didn't work out . Sun and no wind made a great day to work outside on the Daisy. She fired right up and ran smoothly. Gear is now aboard for the seasons of stripers, salmon & trout.
Put the enclosure on the C - pit for those chilly mornings. Next weekend I start sleeping in a water bed :)
I'm ready

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/10 20:19:01 (permalink)
Cold and pretty nice. I went and watched the nephew play soccer against a NYC team. They did well.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/10 20:59:01 (permalink)
A few view shots from the Mighty Hudson:

got colder and windy as day went on :

The daisy is ready to sail with enclosed cabin :)

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/11 08:34:42 (permalink)
[04/11/16]  Late Morning; 2nd Addition.

50 degrees under cloudy gray (grey; Euro) skies with a wind from the south barely tossing the flag until bolder gust, at times, sends her to full wave.

Snow has all but melted, revealing a lovely shade of green, except for spots where it laid it's deepest, over the grass and, my back deck.

Rained late last night, adding to the puddles already created by the melting of snow, revealing low lying areas across yard and field, as the water awaits to be absorbed in an already saturated ground.

I did see a correction by the weather dudette on the TWC web page, we can expect one more day of sub average temperatures for this month of April.  The previous reports, calling for, above average temperatures in the NE; created by El Nino, was for the "other April", which starts Wednesday this week.

Regardless, the home of the hawk is near completion but she won't be seeing much of that, according to the report for the "other April",  she will be very busy hauling my silly asz around several of the local lakes (a/k/a; ponds)

Tight lines and good times.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/12 09:25:55 (permalink)
[04/12/16]  Later then late edition.

Gorgeous morning, sun in the eastern sky and nary a cloud, wind is from the north barely fluffing the flag one minute and pointing her straight to the south the next.  

Highs for today will be in the mid forties, falling to the mid 30's overnight then into the fifties tomorrow.  "I know yinz ain't gonna believe this crap...... but"*  the weather dude is still saying bright sunny warm days with mild wind the rest of the week. Therefore, weather reports from the North West Pennsylvania Wilds may be delayed or even, become extinct.

Hope yinz are blessed with tons of fishin fun.

* Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time", Truck driver's tales begin with "Ya ain't gonna believe this crap..... but"

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/12 18:16:44 (permalink)
[04/12/16] Afternoon addition.  

Wind remains from the north under partly cloudy errr...... partly sunny ummm..... overcast uhhhh...  something or other skies.  Temperature holding steady in the 40's but still expected to drop back into the mid thirties til clear skies and a warming sun push the temps. into the upper 50.s for tomorrow.

I'm excited to say tomorrow, we in the NE can expect and will begin receiving our fair share to the beginning of Spring with dryer and  above normal  temperatures.  However, these above norm conditions, unlike the past below normal conditions, will not be attributed to "El Nino" as was first expected.  What a shocker that is.... Huh?

Through the quick and thorough investigation of TWC meterologist it has been determined that the NE weather shall be affected by (drum roll please) "The OMEGA BLOCK"!!     Yes "The OMEGA BLOCK"  (which, "we" commoners may never have heard of( according to TWC meteorologist)), will develop and take control of the weather coast to coast.

For more on this breaking, exciting and possibly accurate forecast, (which the "TWC meteorologist" rarely get right),  AND before setting sail for the big water please take a moment, check the forecast, to see if you should actually make plans.

https://weather.com/forec...ck-warmer-midwest-east

Aww, what the heck, take a chance; Columbus did!!

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/12 20:44:17 (permalink)
Supposed to start getting nice after today and with the manageable water I would expect a fair number of anglers. I need to get my fence up and get the cows out. I am sick of cleaning them.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/14 07:41:28 (permalink)
[04/14/16]      Tight lines.............

GONE FISHIN'

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/04/14 07:56:25 (permalink)
Good luck btdt !! Since the weather has fully turned the corner, I have started, ran and did an oil change on the Daisy. She is ready to fish and splashdown on Saturday am :)

Page: << < ..126127128129130.. > >> Showing page 128 of 199
Jump to: