AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..126127128129130.. > >> Showing page 126 of 199
Author
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/26 18:06:57 (permalink)
Just heard there is still 8 inches of good stuff on the pond. Even the shore held up. To hell with fighting the cracks at Oneida  

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/26 20:20:24 (permalink)
Clint S
Just heard there is still 8 inches of good stuff on the pond. Even the shore held up. To hell with fighting the cracks at Oneida  

That's good news Clint. Hope you gets some action. Use caution and be safe.
The big lake I'm heading to has expanded from the influx of the river flow.
Not worried about thickness but am concerned about wet feet to that thickness. If I need waders it means ice season is over for me .
Temps are dropping like a rock now .
Do that dance Jack , no wind , no rain and ice :)

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/27 11:30:52 (permalink)
hot tuna
Clint S

That's good news Clint. Hope you gets some action. Use caution and be safe.
The big lake I'm heading to has expanded from the influx of the river flow.
Not worried about thickness but am concerned about wet feet to that thickness. If I need waders it means ice season is over for me .
Temps are dropping like a rock now .
Do that dance Jack , no wind , no rain and ice :)

......Hope that helped Rich,but tomoorow the temps are going to rise for awhile and then they are talking about SNOW at end of week.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/27 18:56:44 (permalink)
We had a BLAST on the ice today with ZERO people out my window.
Biggest fish of the year so far .
Thanks for the dance . 7 degs in am today , 30 in pm .
One more tomorrow would be great as friends are coming:)
Thank you !!

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/28 14:33:07 (permalink)
hot tuna
We had a BLAST on the ice today with ZERO people out my window.
Biggest fish of the year so far .
Thanks for the dance . 7 degs in am today , 30 in pm .
One more tomorrow would be great as friends are coming:)
Thank you !!

....how's that? my reward will be some pictures!
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/28 14:50:51 (permalink)
Pictures are coming. Today was a much nicer day with many friends out but alas, the fish disappeared. Zero , zilch in the catching dept .
A few of us did take a nice refreshing dip into the lake getting off including me once the shoreline ice vanished 2' out from end of the ramp.
Thanks so much though Jack , that dance was well worth it :)

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/28 15:18:19 (permalink)
66 degrees with the wind sustained at 21 MPH gusting to 30 in my area of The Pennsylvania Wilds.  Areas to my north and west have wind advisories posted saying 40 to 60 MPH winds can be expected through the night as a "Alberta Clipper" swings across the area.  A bit of a temperature drop expected through next week, though nothing in the severe cold range. Then.......... spring will sprung, and I know it will, not because of Robins, Bluebirds, Redwings, Skunks or even, Opossums.  Because.........  well because, of two reasons really and, No. Uno is the recent sighting of sap buckets hanging from the area Maple Trees.  No. Dos, (watch at your  own risk) is our  trustworthy..................  https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/march-may-spring-2016-outlook

Speaking of the drop in temperatures this coming week, I wouldn't store the snow shovel if I lived anywhere close to Lake Erie shore lines......... it could suck to be you guz!!!!!

HT have barrels of fun on the ice, I hope to be floatin my boat by next weekend.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/02/28 15:20:34

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/28 17:37:33 (permalink)
We bobbed in the water on way off the ice today, it felt pretty refreshing since the air temperature was in the 50's and we were leaving.
My boat may make it to the driveway next weekend but the following weekend , I hope to still be walking on top one last time . Monster pike are calling .
I'm home now and pics soon

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/28 21:27:19 (permalink)
Ice was a perfect foot and looked good. I managed about 25 nice perch, 100 dunks  and a 30inch pike. Biggest perch was a hair under 13

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/28 21:35:48 (permalink)

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/02/29 07:34:29 (permalink)
Congratulation Clint, nice batch of fish, that had to have been a good time.

Rain just moving off to my east and the wind is doing it's best trying to bend my flag pole in half.  Blowing heavily out of the NNW bringing light, horizontal bands, of snow.  So far the forecast has held steady and says the weather will improve starting in a few hours lasting through late Tuesday night when the temperatures will drop to the low 30's for highs and upper teen's for the lows Wed. and Thur.  Friday begins the up swing with temperatures forecast into the 60's for the first full week of March.

I think, for my little piece of Penn's Woods, I'm safe in saying March is coming in like a Lamb and the "Times OF Boater Moating" are upon us.

Take care, think safety and, tight lines.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/02 18:28:02 (permalink)
Big swing in weather the last 24 hrs .
Almost tee shirt weather yesterday into the evening.
Stoked the stove last night thinking it was going to drop overnight, nah it as 46 @ 6am then plunged.around noon today. Wind kicked and its 25 out now.
This might help in getting the boat dragged out from the back yard.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/04 18:47:50 (permalink)
I hope the mud ( clay ) dries up to pull the Mae from out back to front

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3067
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/04 21:45:11 (permalink)
50s and 60s next week---crazy
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/05 08:55:41 (permalink)
Got up early while the ground was still frozen at 20 degs and success !!!
The Mae is now in the driveway ready to start the preparation:)

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/13 17:29:29 (permalink)
I hope everyone got out to enjoy the beautiful weather ( unless your ice is melted ) this weekend .
Tons of work accomplished here and getting in all my outdoor burning before the ban takes effect .
My bones are sore but my spirit is high . No mud yet .. Rain in store the rest of the week and if all goes well , I will be in a boat somewhere

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/13 20:24:16 (permalink)
I would of been out if my dingy was here and ready, but alas plans for the next few weeks will keep me from any sort of fishing until at least after April gets here. Would of loved some ice out perch or eyes or even casting for some browns out of mexico

PeterJohnson
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 13
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/14 12:54:29 (permalink)
Hoping for good weather for the next weekend)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/14 16:38:23 (permalink)
Just watched a Sand Hill Crane circling overhead, producing a call that sounded "Jurassic".   Just fabulous, absolutely fabulous!

Spring is in the air.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/15 21:10:50 (permalink)
Pretty strange how things flow here,
Kinda like the weather .

dimebrite2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1625
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/16 22:18:16 (permalink)
Some things never change... that is the weather is always the hot topic of conversation :) saw my first Robin yesterday and many birds chirping around. Peepers are out tonight. What a mild winter we had. But of course we will have overnight lows in the teens this weekend. Oh well... steelhead fishing was non existent for me this winter. I've heard there were some decent shots, but nothing to write home about. I'm happy the water was up quite a bit to give fish in the river the much needed break they deserved. I've heard concerns from businesses and guides about the "fisherman based" economy up here. Let's see what next year brings. But if we get another sub part year I think we'll be seeing another shift in business owners and closures like we did in the late 90'summer and early 2000's. Great to see everyone is still kicking around
post edited by dimebrite2 - 2016/03/16 22:19:50
PeterJohnson
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 13
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/17 06:51:27 (permalink)
Weather will always remain a perfect topic for conversation. From my childhood I was told "If you don't know what to talk about with a person ask him/her about the weather"
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/17 09:12:40 (permalink)
A lot of things are beyond the control; of the biologists.  If this is another low year for 1 year old alewives, I think there could be a serious disruption in stocking as a result, a lot of fingerling kings wished out into a cornfield some place. I would expect to see reductions in other species as well, but if there are no herring it is kings that will suffer the most.

I expect the snowmobile based economy up there suffered this winter, and all the places I know that cater to ice fishermen were hurting as well. 
dimebrite2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1625
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/17 09:44:29 (permalink)
Lucky, not blaming biologists for anything buddy. Just stating the obvious and the word on the streets. 2012 was a shorter ice season from what Ive heard. Fx caprara supposedly did just fine in sales but a repeat like this past winter will put a big hurting on the dealers/suppliers/repair shops as nobody broke their sleds or used up a lot of fluids... but as we all know, a business that relies on ma' nature is a dicey one to open to say the least :/
pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/17 12:18:18 (permalink)
Crazy weather....warm with Thunder possible today....then cold this weekend,first day of spring,with a Nor Easter possible with SNOW!
I'm looking forward to the next couple weeks with the daughter for Easter and some Steelhead in Ohio.Reports of fishing have been GOOD when the rivers are not blown.Hope the water settles down so I can fish the main rivers and not the side streams while there.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/17 13:33:43 (permalink)
2012 was indeed a short ice season where nobody got on lake George . While this year was short as well , folks did ( not me ) get out on sections of the lake for 2 weeks.
Honestly , it was one of the best ice seasons for me in awhile . There were plenty of northern lakes that were solid and the fishing was FAR better, oh yea, NO snow to try and drag through or machines to run you over.

The striped bass season is starting early as the blueback herring are just starting to show in the creek out back . Again, if things continue as it was with the new regulations last year , the stripers will explode in numbers , last year was pretty darn good and this year should be over the top.
The boat gets ready to sail this weekend :)

We had huge thunder and lightning storms yesterday and the sky is now looking very dark . I doubt we will get any major snow and any we do will melt quickly.
That's all I got for now .
Glad to see you boys still hanging around and good luck on all your adventures

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/17 19:06:04 (permalink)
I think it was a decent year too. Temps were mild, no snow to drag though and for me better fishing. I think I went more this year than last as last year it was too windy and too much snow on the lake. I will be stepping out for a few days and then be back for some spring fishing and hopefully a few dropped. Egg take has  started at the hatchery too.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/19 08:07:36 (permalink)
Temps dipped into the 20's last night and expected to stay low until Tuesday .
Kinda tough with an I/O motor as I will have to drain the engine if I put it in the water today . Got me thinking that I shouldn't have put the ice gear away yet , lol
If all goes well on the shakedown , I may just pull the boat up to Mexico for the weekend of April -8 th and try to get a shot at some Great Lake Browns before the striper season starts in swing .
Stay warm folks , it's brutal out there

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/20 16:21:31 (permalink)
B.O.A.T.
We didn't set the Mae into the water for 2 reasons
1. Temps got real cold last night and didn't want to chance freezing up the block
2. End of last year we noticed a smell of fuel when filling up, yesterday when I put fuel in it was very strong. Boat guy didn't want to start motor because it was so strong.
Well I got into things and found my fill hose was cracked . After digging a bunch of foam out to get it out, it wasn't just cracked but it was SHOT !! It was leaking fuel upon fill up into the hull and soaking into the foam .
Gosh knows how we didn't blow the thing up .
Anyway, the weather was decent enough to work outside and wrangle the old 1988 ( it's date stamped ) 6.5 foot hose out .
Let me say , those hoses ain't cheap .. $20.00 per foot locally , $12.00 online .

It's just another adventure as I look at things. It will be fixed this week and all fuel lines replaced as I'm understanding back then they are not ethanol friendly .
We did go play in the yaks for a brief time and the smallies are active and pre spawn.
That means stripers are coming soon .
This is going to be a busy week as I also have a giant oak tree in my neighbors yard he wants gone . More than happy to drop it and haul the wood to my house :)
More preparation on the boat as its looking like she will make the trip to the Great Lake for Browns April -8 th weekend . Then it's all stripers until the depart back to the ocean . Need to get back to painting the bathroom for the honey ;)

twobob
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1674
Re:Weather thread 2016/03/21 07:43:49 (permalink)
Well certainly glad you didn't blow up a mile out in the big lake.
Pics pics and more pics please.
Page: << < ..126127128129130.. > >> Showing page 126 of 199
Jump to: