1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement"

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
REEL FORCE
  • Total Posts : 552
  • Reward points: 0
2008/07/30 14:56:10 (permalink)

1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement"

Saturday, August 23rd...  Times to be announced...  Not too early, I can assure you... 

Start letting me know you're "IN" for certain and I will get a list going.  Also let me know if you're in a boat (or equivalent) and if you are fishing with someone, plan on fishing solo, or have an open seat for a boatless angler.  I can limit the day (thus far) to about 7 boats- figuring on around 15 people.  We already have half of that and we haven't reached out too far... 

No need to, right?  Bigger isn't always better...  And I like the looks of the gang 'in' so far!!!

If we want to do a tourney- it probably shouldn't be more than $10 a head or so...  That stuff is for you to decide.  Post or PM any thoughts...

Plenty of PERCH in there, my good man...  I was wailing on them in shallow this spring- but haven't really chased them enough this summer to find out where they are...  But they are in there... 

The lake is small and easy to figure out.  A depth finder is a HUGE help....

But it's the Crappie that really get huge...  They are down pretty deep right now (20-30ft) with the Walleye during the day- but there are some real slabs in that little puddle... 12"+ fish are not unusual...

Food sounds great- I suppose everyone can bring their beverages and some grub or something, and it sounds like most guys (so far) will be rocking Crawdads or Canoes or the like- makes it even easier to handle parking, launching etc...  The lake is small enough that a boat like that is all you need- so long as the wind ain't howling (which it rarely does).  A trolling motor will cover the whole lake easily..  But you can launch in my yard easily on a basic gravel ramp. 

I've also got a canoe in case we need another boat.  If we throw together a tourney- I can fish the canoe by my dock and handle all measurements (with someone else) and keep an eye on my cooler all day (making sure my ice cubes don't get dry).  I even have a measuring board from a snook tournament in the Everglades that I judged once.  Friggin OFFICIAL, man!!!

We can figure out the details as time gets closer.  

I encourage those who enjoy a few totties on the lake to consider crashing at my place.  I have a tiny cottage with very little room inside, but an elevated lawn behind the house that is level and is perfect for several tents...  You can even fish well into the night if you wish...

Just don't want anyone getting 'popped' on the way home...  Or worse...  And I, for one, plan on making a pretty good run at the Beer Champion Title that weekend... 

Might just wear a life jacket and some flippers and fish that way... 

Any suggestions are welcome- I am no good with setting up this sort of stuff...  But I have the shoreline and the campfire ring and a grill...  I will leave the not-so-sexy stuff to you crazy cats...

P.S.  The tunes will be cranking dockside all day...  Be forewarned...  Come one, come all!!!  I bet we can get 12-15 guys out there- at least I'd like to think so!

Please let us know if your comming and if your bringing anything ... Beer,Boat,or Food.

30 Replies Related Threads

REEL FORCE
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/07/30 15:12:17 (permalink)
    I'll be there sometime Friday night to help Jim set up... not sure which boat I'm gonna bring yet , either the 17ft Tracker or the 10ft Pelican ... or both ... 
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/07/30 15:16:37 (permalink)
    Thanks for posting this Reel Force... 

If you guys have any questions you can see a lot of answers in the "Gatherings" thread...  There is a little bit of 'background' on there and an idea of who may be in attendance...  So far it is looking G-O-O-D!!!

Now we have our own topic and EVERYTHING!  Woo Hoo!!!  You can PM me or post questions here if you don't find the answers you need...

I have to keep this gathering small (about 15 folks) to appease the neighbors and protect my Bass Supply in the lake...  Hee hee...  If all goes well, there should be plenty more opportunties to swill beer and lie to each other in my yard before the end of the year.

Ice Season too...  No doubt...

These guys are already "in":

Neversink Jimmy (host- won't compete- I fish Snyders everyday)
    Reel Force
    HookLineSinker
    Santaman76
    PerchInc
    Hot Tuna
    RedDog
    Matty

Not sure about these dudes- but have to save them a spot due to early interest:

Bassin'Brian (unsure)
    MohwakRiverDang (celebrating 10 years of married bliss, apparently)

Anyone not listed here should get in touch and lemme' know if you want "in".  Nothing too serious here fellas- just a few fun anglers, some lawn chairs, and a few bucks tossed around for the guys who find nice fish.

In case of rain- the even will be rescheduled due to lodging and cooking concerns...  My place if a tiny cottage and I am a 33yr old bachelor. 

I wouldn't expect much outta' me in the food department!!!  But the fishing is good, and it should be a good time...  Chime in if you're interested!

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/07/30 15:27:04

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/07/30 16:05:02 (permalink)
    i'd love to come but thats the day i come back from a fishin trip to dyken pond and leave for a fishing trip to cape cod.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/07/30 21:12:30 (permalink)
     I wish to make it..lol,  I just can't say for certain, brother and i golf alot during august and that's gis vacation time, he won't go anywhere but my neck of the woods. I for sure  will let you know though if it works in my schedule!
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/02 09:34:12 (permalink)
    I'll be there!! I get out of work at 0700-- Going home loading up and should be there about 0830-0900 if that's OK!! Bring : Pasta Salad, Ribs,Hot Hotdogs and a Cooler of Molson ICE !! Do we need a grill?? I don't mind cooking!! I have an open seat in my Canoe!! 
    post edited by Perch Inc. - 2008/08/02 12:10:11

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    REEL FORCE
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/02 10:54:50 (permalink)
    I think it would be best to PM Jimmy for his addy. 
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/02 12:04:53 (permalink)
    10-4 Jeff!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/02 17:23:55 (permalink)
    Sounds good Perch...  I've got a good-sized gas grill on the shore and will make sure the tanks are full for the Saturday feast...

As for directions etc...  I will send each of the participants a PM or email with all the directions and important info about a week or so before the party...  If you are estimating driving time- shoot for West Sand Lake or North Greensbush and you'll be within a few minutes...

I will leave the 'sign ups' open until the Sat prior- and then plan from there...  Fishing has been good lately- got a few nice fish before the storms rolled in this afternoon (Sat).  Hoping it clears before the baseball game at The Je tonight...  

You guys liking the sound of a "Lunker Pool", "Winner Take All" deal instead of messing with fish classes, etc?  Most guys seem to be in favor- and it sure makes everything easy (good on the fish, easy of anglers, and a chunk of change for the winner)...  It keeps the 'spice' of a tounrey but also keeps things laid-back.

If guys don't want 'in' on the pool- that's fine too...  It's a "Beer and Bass" day, should be fun...

PM me with any questions and I will get back to ya within a day or two, most likely. 

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/03 07:21:02 (permalink)
    "Lunker Pool", "Winner Take All"  Is OK by me!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    REEL FORCE
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/03 20:19:21 (permalink)
    Got talkin w/ Jimmy today - We could have had a bucket full of crappie in no time ... so we talked about a fish fry at night ?

We also need 1 or 2 easy ups or something like that in case of a shower ....

and firewood ...
    Golfnfish
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/03 21:38:40 (permalink)
    Ok i hgave lived here in the Glenville NY area for 10 years. Can you guys tell me where the heck Snyders lake is!

Thanks
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/03 21:47:11 (permalink)
    Its a seceret... 

Actually it is about 5mi from downtown Albany...  Across the river in Rensselaer County...  Little lake- pretty much private...

Just one of the zillions of little glacial 'kettle ponds' on the Rensselaer Platau...  Nothing extrordinary- just where I live and where a lil' ShinDig is going down on the 23rd...

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/08/03 21:53:12

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/04 09:04:44 (permalink)
    "Fish Fry" it right up my alley!!! I'll bring my deep fryer and all the fixens!! I'll fillet them and cook them!! Sounds like we are going to fish well and eat well!!! Can't wait!!  Snyders Lake:  http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/snylkmap.pdf

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/04 10:01:59 (permalink)
    That little map from NYS DEC is decent...  The lake also holds plenty of Smallmouth (if you can't tell from yesterdays pictures) and Black Crappie, Rock Bass, etc...

Pretty much everything is in there- except the toothy bunch (Pike and Pickerel)... 

The lake is small (under 200 acres) but has massive amounts of structure and habitat 'types' for everyone....

Dense weedbeds and mud flats, rocky shorelines and points, sandy beaches, glacial bedrock, deep troughs in the middle (max 39ft), and some crazy underwater ledges that plummet 20-25ft...  I think everyone will find a place to suit their preferences... 

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/07 10:04:48 (permalink)
    Here is the latest "Roster" for the Snyders Lake Invitational on August 23rd...

Reel Force
    HookLineSinker
    Santaman76
    PerchInc
    Hot Tuna
    RedDog
    Matty
    MohawkriverDanG
    NeversinkJimmy

Theres nine so far- with a few guys 'on the fence' regarding the dates and their availability...  From all accounts so far, everyone is on board with a "Lunker Pool- winner take all" format.  Those interested can kick down five or ten bucks and try to win gas money and free beer... 

The lake is CRYSTAL clear this week- and I assume it will stay as such for most of the hot weeks ahead.  Visibility is around 15ft or more- and I expect most of you will be sighting some sweet fish...  Sightfishing big LMBs and Smallies is pretty awesome...  Weedbeds are easy to spot- and loaded with pannies...

Crappies are schooled and catchable by the dozen if you find the school...  If you don't- you will be eating burgers with the rest of us...  We can shoot for a 'fish fry' but obviously when you plan to eat fish while fishing- you tend to go hungry...  Hee hee... 

Post any questions- and I will be sending you directions and other info around next weekend to fill in any last-minute details.  Should be a fun day of fishin' and hanging out...  Hope you guys can make it out...

Here's a look at the playing field for the 23rd...   I've extended the dock one section since this photo and added another fireplace:

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/08/07 10:06:20

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/09 22:25:39 (permalink)
    I know i have been quiet, but have not forgot Jimmy ... still working on being there the 23rd !! I will keep you posted !

BB
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/10 15:27:58 (permalink)
    Nice!!!! I seen these chairs and your dock before!!! I think I know where your place is!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    post edited by Perch Inc. - 2008/08/11 17:41:21

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/11 17:39:20 (permalink)
    The lake looks beautiful. Makes me want to move in with my in-laws who live on Ballston Lake. Must be nice not to have to travel to wet a line.

I was thinking we may want to get a list of who is gonna bring what. I'd hate for us to wind up with 500 hot dogs, and no mustard.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    REEL FORCE
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/11 21:09:42 (permalink)
    Jimmy's gonna get a final list together on how many is coming a week before ... so we will have a better idea - I know what ya mean Hook , 500 hotdogs and no plates - lol 
    REEL FORCE
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/11 21:45:17 (permalink)
    Rain-Rain-Go Away - Make The 23rd -A - Better -Day .....
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/12 09:17:29 (permalink)
    I can see if Kobyashi (the Nathan's Hot Dog eating champ) might want to come and fish with us...

That skinny dude can fire down 500 dogs and he NEVER uses mustard... 

Or we can use the leftovers to harrass carp from the ADK chairs all evening...  There are some big carp in there, and bullheads too... 

mohawkriverdang
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/13 18:41:46 (permalink)
    I'm out . My plans changed and I cant do anything about the circumstances . I want to go even more now that Jinny says hes got resident carp .
    They like nymphs .  
    Sorry gents . RF has the scoop on the poop .
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/14 09:24:57 (permalink)
    I guess that means we have a parking spot for Kobyashi now...  I will get on the phone right away!

Sorry to hear that Dan- but the carp seemed to all be smiling at the news when I left the house this morning...  They are safe for one more weekend, it seems...

I will send out the directions and relavant info to you guys via PM on Tuesday.  I am going to be out of town for work this weekend in Boston, but will make sure everything is sent early on Tues.  That way you guys have a few days to fire off any questions, etc before Fri/Sat/Sun.

Hope the weather holds- this cold front has put a damper on my Smallie slaying...  But the walleye have moved way up the water column and were suspended at 12ft over the 30+ft deep holes in the lake yesterday. 

I will be home by 6pm or so on Friday the 22nd- and anyone is welcome to come on over and set up shop after that...  Those that want to roll in on Sat (and avoid the hangover) are obviously more than welcome too.

I will be in otuch early next week!  Post or send a PM if you've got any questions... 

HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/14 18:21:34 (permalink)
    Jimmy, let me know if the walleyes are still suspended close to kick off. If so, I'll bring a couple of my lead-core set-ups.

I don't get out of work on Friday until 11:30 pm.  Forgot about that. Will get there at the crack of dawn. Hopefully your place is fairly easy to find in the dark.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/14 19:32:44 (permalink)
    I'm in boys !!!

Won't be a nighter but most of the day ... have plans with mama later on.

I have a 12' alum V with trolling motor and 2 high back seats, can be trailered or just stick in the back of the truck. Last i heard from Reelforce we might have more boats than we need. SOoooooo just let me know weather or not i need to bring it. I also responed to the food post, i can pick up anything we need.

Look forward to meeting alll you guys (except R.F.) LOL !!!

BB
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/15 14:50:31 (permalink)
    HookLineSinker- you won't have any trouble finding it in the dark...  Chances are, the fire will still be going and you might see Reel Force laid out in a chair or on the lawn...    

Brian- awesome!

As for boats, bring anything you wish...  Looks like we will have about ten guys, and should be plenty of room for everything...  For trailers- as long as it is light enough to unhitch and move by hand (with the help of ten men or less!) we can find a spot for all of them...  The neighbors are cool and said I can use some of their lawn next to my boat ramp...  We are good to go!!!

I am off to New Hamsphire for the weekend, and then Boston thru Monday night...  I will get you guy all the needed info on Tuesday...  Have an awesome weekend- and save some energy for NEXT weekend, there is a lot of fishing to be done...

Water is back to crystal clear- so the Wally's might have moved back to their usual 25-30ft haunts...  I will know by 6pm on Tuesday after work when I am back on the water again....

Looking forward to it fellas...  It'll be a great time...  I am praying for 75 degrees and a mix of sun and clouds...

Who knows!!!

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/15 19:26:15 (permalink)
    I am only bringing the canoe (for 2) . If anyone has an open motor boat I'll dig it.
    Sat what tourney time ? Maybe noon till dark, with dinner break  (me likes that idea) ?
    Jimmy..... Allmans SBD/ Bethel 8/12/08 ...hee,hee want to hear ??? 

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: 1st Annual Snyders Lake Summer Invitational..."Official Announcement" 2008/08/18 22:31:35 (permalink)
    Hey everybody... I talked to Mr HLS, and he's graciously offered me a seat on his yacht.  I will be offering a clinic on how to properly cuss at your equipment.  I will be arriving in mid-late morning because I don't get home til 2:30am from work. If ya'll would be so kind as to give me directions to your place Jimmy, I'd appreciate it. (I'd probably be able to follow the scent of beer and old farts) I'm not much of a drinker anymore, but I'll have  some anyway.  Peace and fish.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: