Stuff Ripped Off

Author
New York Yank
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 479
  • Reward points: 0
2008/06/19 10:14:23 (permalink)

Stuff Ripped Off

One of my good neighbors here in Troy seems to have reached in my car window open for ventilation, unlocked it and stole all my fishing tackle. Every bass pike and trout lure I own (about 100), about 10 bags of senkos, all my tools, knives and scale.  All my rigs, hooks, swivels and sinkers. Unopened Rapalas. Even my license and Tomhannock and DEC permits.  All I got left is a flashlight, a wacky rig tool, and two splitshots I left in my pocket. Thank god i didn't have the camera in there.

Just a word of wisdom from one who got their****burned- keep your gear in the house or in your trunk. You never know what lowlife scuzzbag is going to see it and take it. And don't open your window more than about 2 inches. All I can hope for is karma will take care of this scum, maybe he'll catch a treble hook in the eye or impale himself on my filet knife. 

5 Replies Related Threads

Hunter25
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 77
    RE: Stuff Ripped Off 2008/06/19 13:10:35 (permalink)
    I am sorry to hear that. I had the same thing happen to me 2 years ago, but they broke the window. The next day, I saw the s-bag walking down the road with my backpack on and carrying 2 of my rods. When I stoipped my truck to get out he went running away.

Sometimes we just can't win.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Stuff Ripped Off 2008/06/19 14:41:10 (permalink)
    Yank that is one of the worst feelings ever i know and been there too unfortunitely. I alway try and go light as possible when i know i'll be away fishing suspicious thief areas. It is truely ashame there are ****s out here stealing..god will punish them you just keep that in mind. Wish they made some kind of interior hidden camera thief protections for vehicles. Hope you had good vehicle thief claim insurance
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Stuff Ripped Off 2008/06/19 15:08:56 (permalink)
    If you lived in Pittsburgh they would of stolen the car and everything inside!

My truck was stolen 15 years ago and had a tackle box that belonged to my grandfather, a box of snap on tools, 2 sunglasses worth over $100 each(if you drive a lot Serengeti glasses are worth the money) another $300 worth of darts, shotgun, pistol, at least 20cd's AND 2 FULL TANKS OF GAS.
    When I filed the insurance claim I had no idea what the old lures were worth so I just looked in a catalog for ones similar.
    I felt almost guilty for claiming $2.50 - $4 for the old lures.
    A few months later I found that I was way off-most were vintage collectibles in original box worth  $30-$75 each

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Stuff Ripped Off 2008/06/24 20:52:13 (permalink)
    Wow that sucks man, people can be such losers !!! ****es me off. I live in the country and lock my truck every night in my own driveway, sad !!! But my neighbor caught some loser trying to steal my atv a few years back. Not a good feeling.

I hope your stuff turns up ok.

BB
    cuchef
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: Stuff Ripped Off 2008/06/24 21:02:23 (permalink)
    Thats rotten you hate to hear about that stuff.  The worst part about it is that is has to be someone that you have seen.  When I lived in St. Thomas someone cut the roof of my jeep open to steal all the Christmas presents that my fiance and I had just bought. They even stole Christmas ornaments. They left all of my fishing gear though.
    post edited by cuchef - 2008/06/24 21:05:15

"Cheat me on the price not the product."
    Jump to: