Out Of Control > Please Voice Your Opinion

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2008/06/07 08:18:41 (permalink)

Out Of Control > Please Voice Your Opinion

Folks it is my opinion New York State government is getting out of control and we need to stop this madness.
With the Highest taxation in the nation and increasing by the day it's clearly (imo) becoming an un affordable place in which to inhabit. We are forced into new regulations aimed at the working man and (woman) but gov’t protects the higher anarchy of the big business (to an extent) and the all mighty rich & famous who feel no pain or strain , it's just another coin. As an Example I’ll use gasoline first: OK gas prices are high , fact, what used to cost me $50.00 to travel to work a week is now $85.00.
Honestly it is what it is, I still need to get there. My complaint is home heating oil !!! The higher price of gasoline should more than off set the cost of fuel oil to heat our homes in the Northeast. How in the world can someone expect a senior citizen or someone on a fixed income to afford to heat their home ? You can't . It's becoming scary, people will freeze to death because they can't afford fuel & electric .
Now the Big blow just came down. More regulation !!!!!!!1
There is a proposal to ban moving firewood more than 50 miles from its origin, mind you there is no regulation towards industry (I worked in a saw mill and was a logger) what ever they (gov't) says it's not there.
Here again is my complaint and example:
with the unaffordable cost of heating oil I looked towards alternate source , firewood. I live on 2 acres of property , but I own 800 acres of forest land (which i have logged) 80 miles from my home. Under this new regulation I am no longer to cut firewood and transport it to heat my home. RIDICULOUS, it's my property. This is not recreation or sport regulation, but a regulation to control our being.
This is just the beginning of Gov't wanting total control of our lives , hum, sounds like communism.

Please read the proposed regulation and I urge everyone to respond to shoot this down. If not it will affect everyone in some way at some time.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/2359.html

This is total B.S. , we must stop this regulation. Will I abide by this law (communism) ?   A big fat NO.........
Again please submit your comments to  
Bruce Williamson
NYS DEC, Bureau of Private Land Services
625  Broadway
Albany, NY 12233-4253
(518) 402-9425
email > firewood@gw.dec.state.ny.us

post edited by hot tuna - 2008/06/07 09:30:05

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

7 Replies Related Threads

jon_e_si
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Out Of Control > Please Voice Your Opinion 2008/06/07 09:17:42 (permalink)
    ONE REASON I MOVED TO WEST VIRGINIA - "ONE OF AMERICA'S BEST KEPT SECRETS!!!
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Out Of Control > Please Voice Your Opinion 2008/06/07 21:24:58 (permalink)
    Yeah, absolutely ridiculous you aren't allowed to bring your own trees home. I own 138 acres, within 50 miles. If it were further, I would honestly flip the gov't the bird and take it home anyway.
    REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Out Of Control > Please Voice Your Opinion 2008/06/07 22:04:00 (permalink)
    First I got to agree with ya -NY is the "TAX STATE" !!!

But I think DEC is trying to do some good here ... ( I have a fireplace and love my fires ) so sorry if I brush ya the wrong way ....

I got to take a quote from Tuna...

From "Rock Snot"

quote:

ORIGINAL: backin79

yeah i read alittle about it on the dec site. So what if they find a special algea killer or maybe introduce some species that feed on this snot? I heard that walleye fry thrive on this stuff! yeah stock tons and tons of walleye! lol

79:
    I suggest you read up some more on this but if you choose not to be bothered than please keep it all downstate.
    To suggest and I’m sure it was a joke, to introduce a foreign species than introduce a non-native group is absurd.
    The least impact and best method to combat this is a bottle of "simple green" spray your waders and boots with a healthy dose when moving from one water shed to another. The other methods of salt, clorax solutions are by far bad,bad,bad .

Well isn't this the same sorta thing but with a bug instead of a weed ?

Firewood Restrictions to Protect Forests from Invasive Species The purpose of this emergency rule is to reduce the risk of introduction and spread of invasive insects and diseases of trees by preventing untreated firewood from entering New York State and restricting the movement, sale and possession, within the State, of untreated firewood that originates in New York State.
    This emergency regulation is in effect for 90 days beginning June 3, 2008.
    post edited by REEL FORCE - 2008/06/07 23:15:12
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Out Of Control > Please Voice Your Opinion 2008/06/07 23:35:11 (permalink)
    Well isn't this the same sorta thing but with a bug instead of a weed ?

Hardly:
    79 suggested purposely introducing a non native species, as said I'm quite sure he was joking.
    Fishing is a recreation and a sport not a way of life unless your a Native American or Eskimo and then special provisions are given. Rock Snot is easily controlled by some simple steps of just washing off your equipment. there so far have been no closed waters and if there were, so be it, again it's a recreation not a necessity. I doubt with the revenue taken in from sporting licenses you will see a ban on recreational fishing, alas VHS, the fishing didn't stop but the rules changed .

Heating ones home IS a necessity to maintain a way of life. there has been no stopping the importation of foreign oil or goods ?
    For the gov't to say one can NOT use the resources from ones land to maintain a way of life is communism, plain and simple. If they were to say you can't transport firewood for recreation I would be fine with that and buy my camp wood locally (as I do anyway) It supports the local economy
    The DEC has NOT said I can't sell logs from my property to be shipped anywhere I chose, only firewood, again If that were the case , so be it but It would cripple the lumber industry and there are no plans to do that. No gain is made in tax revenue to NYS by people using firewood to heat their homes. Gov't wants to have control over us with our dependency for oil.

These are just my opinions towards this situation and am only trying to inform people. I suggested If you have similar concerns than contact a state representative. I will not continue to dwell or defend my beliefs on my rights to maintain a quality of life. But to do nothing is just letting others decide for you.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Out Of Control > Please Voice Your Opinion 2008/06/08 00:34:46 (permalink)
    Tuna, I was upstate last week along one of my favorite holes along the upper del. A jackoff with florida plates pulled up to me along side of this public road along a stretch of what use to be a favorite pool  where the east meets the beav.... I thought this guy was going to ask for directions instead he started off" what are you f--king blind? " excuse me" I said , or maybe you can't read posted signs.. I said oh i didn't see the posted sign// he said well **** this been posted for the last three years.. I tried to be nice but finally told this loser i'm not trespassing cause i'm not fly fishing and this is a public road .. i can look at the water,From the road thank for the warning about your posted signs ****.. he drove off and came back around and smiled saying go back to nj.. I said f u go back to florida.. I am seeing way too many ****s and less good old friendly property owners.  The state should never sell roadside state maintained river embankment to fishclubs especially along stocked waters. After some 20 seasons ,I won't go there anymore. It is getting worse like this because pricks like the one I mentioned are scoffing up all these forclosures. See this happening everywhere and it is a heartbreaker.. I do not know much about the jap beetles jumping trees but if this prevention program is working why are loggers still allowed to transport? I too see in some ways these safety/conservation efforts etc. are to their advantage of making money and at our expense. LOL i don't buy live bait no more!
    jon_e_si
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Out Of Control > Please Voice Your Opinion 2008/06/08 10:24:09 (permalink)
    The hell of it is, we never "own" anything - the government lets us "rent" it, while we live, (as long as we pay the tax), and the next in line gets to "rent" it for the next period! If not, the government re-possesses it, sells it to the next "renter" or keeps it - whereupon the tax bill is passed on to the remaining "landowners"!
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Out Of Control > Please Voice Your Opinion 2008/06/08 18:51:37 (permalink)
    true however, My meaning was about coming in contact with ****s setting their own standards of rules using politics and money... I have respect for property owners but not pricks that say i'm tresspassing on a public roadside. Anotherthing, I was at a sunoco station just downstream of  horton pool and the cashier mentioned how gas and rising food prices are going to slame these retired elders that live on food stamps etc..Everybody dislikes this Bush and mr. devil Hal chainy.. Now as for rules and regulations in DEC/DEP depts, we can talk a different argument as tuna pointed out.  There really is alot of drastic changes going on that will impact many struggling as it is. I;m not so certain we have a safer world as we know fear destroys. That is why i'll back up any administration promting  alternative fuels which we will most certainly need regardless what the talking heads say on cnbc.  
    Jump to: