Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing

Author
pghmarty
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5951
  • Reward points: 0
2008/06/03 17:15:59 (permalink)

Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing

The LEVERAGE BOOSTER is very helpful to ANGLERS of ALL AGES, especially Senior Citizens and youngsters who are unable to enjoy fishing because of wrist, hand, or strength problems. The Leverage Booster reduces wrist, hand and strength problems due to ARTHRITIS, TENDONITIS or INJURY by moving the workload from the wrist and hand to the arm.

(Lightweight Design)
Using The Leverage Booster on the handle of a fishing rod enables you to grip and hold the rod without having to close your hand tightly. With a light hand grip and your forearm resting in the Booster cradle you can set the hook with more power and have better rod control to land your fish.

post edited by DryflyTU - 2008/06/04 06:19:44

12 Replies Related Threads

gizmos
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1190
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/03 19:39:05 (permalink)
    That looks pretty cool. I'd be curious as to how it actually felt on a rod. (I've set the hook on some fairly heavy rocks multiple times in a day and have gotten a little tender. No need for me to have one on a net, unless I'm landing some one else's )

Eat what you catch,troll for cows.
    deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3549
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/03 20:33:12 (permalink)
    Ill bet it works great. Im sure ill be needing one of those in the future. im only 36 young years of age but my joints seem to thing there 86 years of age. That (tool if you will) might come in handy for me.I dont know what i would do if i could no longer go fishing. Fishing is my stress reliever and i will most likely go insane if i could not fish anymore. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work , i always  say. tight lines and good fishing to all.

Thanks Marty you saved my future in fishing !!!
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8507
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/03 22:32:34 (permalink)
    I don,t want to think about it. Lol

MAT
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 127
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/04 14:47:50 (permalink)
    marty, where do you get them? i take a guy who is 75.   >matt
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/04 16:07:37 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: MAT

marty, where do you get them? i take a guy who is 75.   >matt
    Search ebay for LEVERAGE BOOSTER
    My direct link was removed by administrator.

It is not something that I am buying or selling just something I saw that might help others.
    I wonder if this could of helped Terry aka The Cripple if he was still around?
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/04 18:42:12 (permalink)
    They edited that?  and leave the crap that everyone else spews on here?  What a bunch of BS.  You are actually trying to help people out.......

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Just for that I am going to buy something from Cabelas tonight.

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    DryflyTU
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 63
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/05 13:37:19 (permalink)
    Guys,

This is Eric Lyle, the GM at FishUSA.com, and I wanted to respond to this thread, to clear up some misunderstanding about my editing of the thread and about our acceptable use policies.

If you would look at our policy at the following link, you would see why this thread was edited:

http://forums.fishusa.com/faq.asp#99_1

Pasted below is the text from the applicable section of the policy:

·  Use of the board to advertise or promote the commercial sale of goods or services is prohibited.
    ·  Use of the board to promote other commercial web sites or tackle shops, or web sites or tackle shops which compete with the FishUSA.com, FishErie.com or FishSalmonRiver.com web sites is prohibited.

Links to EBay auctions for tackle violate this policy, plain and simple. Please understand FishUSA provides these forums to the members, free of charge. There is a substantial cost incurred by FishUSA to purchase software and maintaining the forums. All we ask it that members follow a few simple rules. Posting links for tackle sold by other on-line retailers or web sites (EBay included) violate this policy.

If someone would like to order this product from FishUSA, please call our customer service staff at 800.922.1219, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST weekdays. It is likely we can get this item from a supplier, and provide it at a fair retail cost.

Thanks for your understanding.
    post edited by DryflyTU - 2008/06/05 13:42:43
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/05 14:53:02 (permalink)
    If someone would like to order this product from FishUSA, please call our customer service staff at 800.922.1219, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST weekdays. It is likely we can get this item from a supplier, and provide it at a fair retail cost.

I thought this was a home made or limited production item with limited availability.
    After searching ebay again I see three differant sellers have this item for sale so it may be obtainable by FishUSA.
    Please call our generous sponsor and ask them to get it for you!
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/06 03:28:48 (permalink)
    I am sorry, my mention of another tackle store was out of line.  I just felt that the person who posted this item was genuine in his desire for it to help people, and not trying to sell them.  I see links on here which seem to be much more direct advertising attempts than this was.  I have read the use policies before and made the incorrect assumption that if it was an item you do not stock then it was fair game.  My apologies, thanks for the board.  I would also assume that because of the reaction this will be a product carried by FishUSA in the very near future.

MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/17 00:13:42 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: DryflyTU

·  Use of the board to advertise or promote the commercial sale of goods or services is prohibited.
    ·  Use of the board to promote other commercial web sites or tackle shops, or web sites or tackle shops which compete with the FishUSA.com, FishErie.com or FishSalmonRiver.com web sites is prohibited.

Links to EBay auctions for tackle violate this policy, plain and simple. Please understand FishUSA provides these forums to the members, free of charge. There is a substantial cost incurred by FishUSA to purchase software and maintaining the forums. All we ask it that members follow a few simple rules. Posting links for tackle sold by other on-line retailers or web sites (EBay included) violate this policy.

Thanks for your understanding.

Let me first say that since I started using this board, I look to FishUSA first when I go to buy tackle, if they are competitive price wise, I use them, if not I use who is.

Two things bother me about this response. 

1.  I did not see the section where FishUSA carries used fishing tackle, so how do links to such items violate FishUSA policy?
    2.  I completely understand links to equipment which FishUSA stocks, Items not stocked are a different story in my book (not that it matters, as I do not foot the bill for this board), but the item that started this all, was not something fishusa carries.  And I bet will not carry in the future.  My suggestion would be that if there is a link to something on here that is not stocked by FishUSA, they should get it in stock before coming down on those who are looking for it or providing info about it.

I apologize and am not trying to start a fight, and hopefully will not get tossed for this, but regarding used products or products that FishUSA does not carry, it just sounds like sour grapes to me.

gobyking
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1195
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/17 03:43:40 (permalink)
    Yes, I would like to buy one of these since I am disabled.Please FishUSA put these out on your website.I have overdone my share of crack(thus having a stroke) and only have the ability to use one arm but still love to fish.This would be a great help to me. 
    mikeg
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2533
    RE: Something I saw that might help the disabled or a senior fishing 2008/06/17 11:11:32 (permalink)
    Muskymastr,

That's a gray area...One of which should be avioded. It's their boards, so it's their rules. So let's move on and allow them to run it their way. There are plenty of websites and searches to find used equipment to purchase!

For my fishing reports, product reviews, stories, and other nonsense...
    http://bassjunky76.blogspot.com/
    Jump to: