Ontario Walleye

Author
HookLineSinker
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
2008/05/30 20:18:35 (permalink)

Ontario Walleye

Hey all. Just got back from a few days on Lake Ontario. Chaumont Bay area. Did pretty well trolling along shore at night. Combination of planer boards and long lining. No pig 12lber's, but we did manage a few over 8 and 9, and plenty in the 6-7 range.

Gonna try Saratoga Lake on Sunday night, weather permitting. There's an empty seat if anyone is interested.

3 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Ontario Walleye 2008/05/31 09:57:40 (permalink)
    Good for you hookster! That is quality fishing imo. I use to love night fishing for browns more backin the early days.. in fact many pepacton/ nyc resi fishermen use to too. I still like it, just haven't had the time yet,but i'm going to bouy out and use the latterns soon. Ashokan lower basin use to be good fun this time of year for eyes. But those days are long gone! hehe, nasty thunder storms this afternoon predictedm tomorrow  party and hoprfully next week some marchbrowns in june! later!
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Ontario Walleye 2008/05/31 12:57:09 (permalink)
    backin, I've heard the Ashokan is still holding plenty of nice 'eyes, but old timers are tight lipped about where. I dunno, I've never fished it.

Change of plans. I'll be hitting the Mohawk instead. I just remember all the floating weeds in Saratoga fouling you up every 2 minutes while trolling.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Ontario Walleye 2008/05/31 13:45:35 (permalink)
    Hook, 10 to 20 years ago I was a jersey fanatic up the thurway to ashokan for eye/bows/brorwns, had the best perch experience too a few seasons off my rowboat. Have that boat still chained but haven't taken it out in over four years. I really wish I could be everywhere this time of yr.  sticking around here for a graduation party i got to go to tomorrow. I'm going up to roundout neversink and my pepacton boats..lol i also want to try and catch some EB hatches and a few spots on the beave. Found a cool brooktrout pond too but It is hardpressed for time to be everywhere,plus the cost of gas. i have a v8 47lL turbo tundra..cruises like a catillac and extened cab and my cap is great for these 3 to 4 day trips! This week i'll be going it solo.. i'm ready for alternative energy..hope these people have brains in high places, certainly does not seem to be the case.   
    Jump to: