Kain County Park

Shhhh...
post edited by Porktown - 2008/05/07 14:27:04

3 Replies Related Threads

Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 9691
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Kain County Park 2008/05/09 08:41:04 (permalink)
    Figure that I'd put a response to my own question, since no one felt like helping...  I fished Lake Redman on Wednesday evening (8PM-11PM).  Not much action, but did see/hear some bait fish hitting the surface, and a few larger splashes.  I'd imagine a few more weeks, or later at night would be the ticket for a night time bite.

The gates close at dusk at some of the access.  There are a few access points that seem like fishing would be fine all night.  This is really all I was asking for in my original post, but people are too tight lipped.  Thanks.

post edited by Porktown - 2008/05/09 10:36:23
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Kain County Park 2008/05/09 09:07:21 (permalink)
    What's your deal PT?  Because someone doesn't answer your question doesn't mean they didn't "feel" like helping.

I never even heard of the place you're talking about..  so chill.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 9691
    RE: Kain County Park 2008/05/09 10:35:47 (permalink)
    SK -

This place has been brought up a few times in the past, and know that the people fishing it are just keeping quiet.  As that was a remark (maybe 5-6 years ago on here).  I even called it by it's much less known name, to try to avoid added attention.  Some people like to keep certain things hush, hush, and I definitely respect that.  The place itself does a good job of advertising on it's own (if you've ever driven on the local interstate). 

I know that one of the views prior to my leaving, could have at least chimed in, basics about the lake.  I.e.  there isn't much shore access to the lake, and some of those close at dusk...  So, that someone new to the lake doesn't end up getting their car towed, or fined.  I'm pretty sure by talking to another angler, that you are not allowed to wade the lake either.  Small things like that could have been helpful to know.  I kept my original post as nondescriptive as possible.  I'll edit my reply, although it is all public knowledge.

http://pfbc.state.pa.us/pfbc_webgis/WWCWStockingDetails_historical.aspx

Jump to: