hereford manor upper or lower ?

Author
huntinfool
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/28 16:44:55 (permalink)

hereford manor upper or lower ?

Me and my wife are taking our kids and nepews tomorrow . was wondering if anyone had a thought about which lake may be better for all of us ...There will be 5 kids total from ages 10 to 6 ...Thanks ....

5 Replies Related Threads

SteelCity
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: hereford manor upper or lower ? 2007/04/28 17:20:54 (permalink)
    Did they stock both today?
    huntinfool
    New Angler
    RE: hereford manor upper or lower ? 2007/04/28 17:36:35 (permalink)
    Not sure steel ..I know they were stocking but do not know if they stocked them both
    northparklake2
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 143
    RE: hereford manor upper or lower ? 2007/04/28 21:52:09 (permalink)
    they stocked both lakes today. i would fish the upper lake

http://www.geocities.com/mpyingling22/northparklake.html
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1887
    RE: hereford manor upper or lower ? 2007/04/28 22:27:01 (permalink)
    Yes both lakes were stocked today. I did well in the upper lake, both before they stocked and afterward. There actually seemed to be a little lull in the action after they stocked, not sure what happened, the fish that were already in there were hitting well before.

If you have small kids parts of the upper lake can be tough to fish.  When you get to the top of the dam the left hand side of the lake is the easiest to fish from. It was crowded today and will probably be crowded tomorrow.  If I was taking small kids tomorrow I'd try either in the main parking lot of the lower lake, or on the left hand side of the lake just after you cross over the outflow bridge. Those two areas should have plenty of fresh stockies from yesterday cruising around that will be easy to catch. There are tons of fish scattered all over both lakes, the older fish from opening day have gotten a little more selective about what they bite.

I fished the upper lake today, the fish they stocked were all decent sized fish, most of the fish I caught after they stocked were over 12 inches, didn't get anything bigger than 15 though. I'm sure there are a few hogs though, always is.

Keep an eye on the sky if you're out.  Despite tons of people being out,the Bald Eagle was spotted often today.  He was harrassing an Osprey in the morning right over my head trying to steal it's fish.  Then he did the same thing in the upper lake in the afternoon.  Didn't have the camera with me today, I was bummed because I could have gotten some nice photos of it flying low over my head.
    huntinfool
    New Angler
    RE: hereford manor upper or lower ? 2007/04/29 16:04:03 (permalink)
    Thanks stillhead ..I did not get your note till today ..But that is funny we endend up at the boat ramp on the wall. ..We got there around 10 and had the whole wall to ourselves  ..The kids need it though  lol..We fished till 2 and caught 6 trout and a bunch of bluegill. Also got to see the osprey ..The wind made it a little tough for the kids and their bobbers  that they feel they have to use lol ..Also had to laugh at the poor guys launching their boats ..After they would push off the wind would push them directly in front of us  and right along the wall and their trolling motors could not get them moving fast enough ...They would feel bad about drifting thru our lines ..The kids thought it was great ..Also a few of them got a bobber barage from the kids casting back out after the boats got thru and the wind pushing their bobbers at the boats when they cast ...No one got hooked though so that was a good thing
    Jump to: