The hungry brown trout.

Author
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/27 06:03:42 (permalink)

The hungry brown trout.

I was fishing a small stream in warren county and had caught 3 nice brown trout out of a hole beside the bridge. The fourth fish hit and broke my line and took my black spinner, my fault should have retied.
  I fished upstream a ways and ran into an old friend we chatted for a few and caught a couple more browns in the hole he was in. I went upstream he went back to his car.
   I found nothing upstream so I returned to the hole at the bridge. He was getting his gear off and said he just fished the hole and nothing. I stepped in and the first cast to a log in the front of the hole and bang a little brown hit.  
   I played the fish in and when I went to pull the hook there were two spinners in the corner of his mouth. Same fish half hour later.Bonus for me got my 2 dollar spinner back and caught another trout..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

4 Replies Related Threads

countryfisher
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 168
    RE: The hungry brown trout. 2007/04/27 10:28:46 (permalink)
    That was good luck... I recently caught a steelhead with a little black fly and a silver kastmaster in its jaw.  I was plum surprised, that has never happened to me before.  I did snag a metal stringer on pymy last spring with a rapala, but it was all rusty.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: The hungry brown trout. 2007/04/27 10:42:01 (permalink)
    Gotta love catching those swimming tackle boxes.  The best time and place is anywhere on Walnut mid-fall.  Many of those fish that make it through the gauntlet at the mouth of the 'Nut end up with some awesome flies and 'spensive spinners stuck in their dorsals and tails.
    IUP30
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: The hungry brown trout. 2007/04/27 12:06:27 (permalink)
    I was fishing for trout in college in Indiana, PA when I hooked a nice rainbow around 16" to 18" and it broke me off.  I was using just a standard minnow set up. Next day my roommates and I fished the same section when my roommate Dan hooks up with a nice one.  He lands it and sees my hook still in the fish's jaw and the swivel and one split shot.  Turned out to be a nice 17" rainbow...
    startinout
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 342
    RE: The hungry brown trout. 2007/04/28 10:21:04 (permalink)
    Last year when we were up in Manitoba, one of the guys got bitten off by a pike.  The next day he caught that pike by hooking the eye of the silver minnow that he had lost the previous day.  What are the odds.lol. 
    Jump to: