April Salmon River, Pulaski, NY Steelhead Fishing Report's, Forecast's, Tips, Ramblings, Articles

Author
Randy Jones
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points: 0
2008/04/05 12:11:23 (permalink)

April Salmon River, Pulaski, NY Steelhead Fishing Report's, Forecast's, Tips, Ramblings, Articles

All of those fish that ran past us this Fall - Winter are all sitting above us. Those Steelhead have to pass all of us once again, giving us all another opportunity to play with these magnificent memorable fish again. Some have already started to drop back.
-
Mark April 15 on your calendar. Ssssh, top secret info.,  can't say anything more than that, except you will want your line in the water. (Guaranteed) This will just be our lil secret, ok? :)
-
Almost EVERY piece of water running into Lake Ontario or the Salmon River is with fish, in our area. Ye-haa!
-
Great time of the year to walk the many many miles of all of the surrounding creeks, rivers and stream's in our area. Or, fish all of your normal spot's on the Salmon River.We all have SOOOOOOOOOOOO many incredible options to choose from presently. You could pretty much just flip a coin on where to fish. They are EVERYWHERE! 
-
I heard a rumor it might start warming up in August?
-
I'd recommend coming up to fish as its been a much better than normal year and it's looks to get even better for the month of April and early May.
-
In closing:
1. We still have fresh fish entering the Salmon River daily.
2. We still have fish that have been in the river for awhile but have not gone to the gravel yet.
3. We have a lot of fish that are actively spawning that are going to the closest deep water during the day for safety.
4. We are starting to see the first of the drop backs.
-
This put's most of your fish in your normal fishing spot's on the Salmon River, that you would fish in this flow of water. Fish are in almost every single spot of the river from the top all the way to the bottom. (Current breaks - Heads, tails, seams and gut's or what I call the hole within the hole :)
-
I sincerly hope that what I've been able to share with you over these past 10 or more years has helped you along the road to becoming a better, more informed, experienced angler.
-
Thanks for stopping in and spending your valuable internet fishing time here :)
Thanks for all of your buisness, referrals and kind words of support. The local economy had a great season, Thanks to all of you!
Wishing all of our troops over seas a safe trip home.
I can't wait to do it all over again next Slam'n Salmon Season. :)
Best Fish's,
Randy Jones
http://www.yankeeangler.com
Pictures, articles, tips, reports, ramblings and much more :)
post edited by Randy Jones - 2008/04/05 13:58:39

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: