A beautiful Sunday morn

Author
flyman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 148
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/23 14:11:42 (permalink)

A beautiful Sunday morn

It's has been at least three weeks since I was out on the streams. Finally, I made it Sunday and as we all know . A beautiful day it was. The current was alittle high though very fishable and vis was good enough. The shore was boasting springs colours from the early flowers and all the fishermen seem to be enjoying the warm weather compared to the Hunched over finger blowing stance that the march cold  provides.

A fisherman right above from where I started was having a enjoyable time of hooking up and landing steel. He seem to have the honey hole for no one  else ,including myself was even hooking up. A couple steel gave a tremendous aerial show. They were dark though not the black you would think they would be this time of year.  It was a blast just watching him.

Later we talked and he was using a streamer about 6 inches long with a sink tip and swinging into the pockets. Worked well.

Though I fished two hours with no hook ups, it was great to get out. 

Here is a pic of the guy landing with a glove net.

post edited by flyman - 2007/04/23 14:22:16

2 Replies Related Threads

Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: A beautiful Sunday morn 2007/04/23 15:24:55 (permalink)
    That looks like a very nice steelie...  I was out yesterday afternoon and landed a few, but they were small fish.  I decided to use the centerpin and single eggs were the only thing they seemed to want. 

pax vobiscum +
    beerman
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1314
    RE: A beautiful Sunday morn 2007/04/23 15:32:19 (permalink)
    Al,
    Thanks for sharing the story and the picture!  I also was out fishing early Sunday morning.  What a beautiful morning to be fishing.  While hiking through the forest, along the small feeder stream, I noticed the skunk cabbage poking through the old tree leaves.  The birds were alive with their chirping sounds and the wild flowers were starting to color the carpet of the fresh smelling timbers.  As a bonus we even caught a few stocked rainbows.....ahhh springtime!

changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes....nothing remains quite the same

The Beerman ~ Greg
    Jump to: