i was wondering

Author
Bill Blass
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/22 22:13:01 (permalink)

i was wondering

Hello, I wondered if someone could help me out. Whenever I go fishing at the gravel pit or waterworks I put a small split shot on and then a bobber but the bobber doesnt stay right side up it goes on its side. What should I do? Any suggestions on how I should set up my terminal tackle for fishing for trout at these stocked ponds?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, ~Bill

3 Replies Related Threads

Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: i was wondering 2007/04/22 22:47:29 (permalink)
    Try to add a little more weight.  Put it right under the float.

pax vobiscum +
    jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1885
    RE: i was wondering 2007/04/23 07:42:13 (permalink)
    Some bobbers are just like that, you dont wanna put a shot under the float cause the minute a fish touches it, it should stand up.
    egg sac
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 517
    RE: i was wondering 2007/04/23 12:38:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jlh42581

Some bobbers are just like that, you dont wanna put a shot under the float cause the minute a fish touches it, it should stand up.

jlh42581,

For certain types of fish what you say would seem to be the answer but what about a fish that likes to hit the bait/lure and takes it upwards(crappies)? You would never see the hit. I personaly feel its best to have a float stand straight up so if the float gets pulled down you will see it and it a fish hits straight up the float will turn on its side..Plus I also feel its best to have any float sit as deep in the water as possible while still floating of corse so when a fish does take it feels the least resistance as possible and the fish will tend to hang on longer.These are just my opions not absolute science but have always worked the best for me..

SO MANY FISH SO LITTLE TIME.
    WHY ARE ALL THE PLACES I HAVE YET 2 FISH SO FAR AWAY?
    Jump to: