Korkers "Outfitter" Wading Boots with interchangeable soles

Author
SteelyShawn
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 54
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/05 20:32:40 (permalink)

Korkers "Outfitter" Wading Boots with interchangeable soles

Does anyone have these? Are they any good? I had a guy tell me at the fly fishing show that he would still slip since the felt and or spikes didn't cover the complete bottom of the shoe. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway

8 Replies Related Threads

Xstream Fishing
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 78
    RE: Korkers "Outfitter" Wading Boots with interchangeable soles 2008/03/05 23:44:33 (permalink)
    I have been using them for the past 5 years or so without any problems.  In fact, I still have a few pairs I field tested for Korkers before they came on the market.  They are a bit heavy and I really didn't change the soles all that often like they were intended for, except when they got worn out.   I can't say I slipped a lot in them as I usually wore them with the Karbide spikes.  As for the area on the toe and heel where there are no spikes, it didn't seem to matter.  Overall they are a great boot and built like a tank.

X

We have not inherited this world from our ancestors, rather we borrowed it from our children.

Happiness does not come from having much, but from being attached to little...
    FISH ON, GOTTA RUN!
    Loomis
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2674
    RE: Korkers "Outfitter" Wading Boots with interchangeable soles 2008/03/06 08:53:31 (permalink)
    I have the guide series currently and had the wetlands ones before I think, I love em.  I think they are hands down the best invention in fly fishing.  The guide boots feel like a hiking shoe and the Boa lace system is the same as snowboaring boots, truly awesome.  I'd def reccomend spending the extra bux and getting the Korker GUides.  I change the soles as needed with ease, and definetly don't slip in them.
    RIZ
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: Korkers "Outfitter" Wading Boots with interchangeable soles 2008/03/06 10:06:09 (permalink)
    i have them and also had the older style.  the new style is much better designed and the boot is lighter.  i recommend them highly.  as far as slipping, i have not slipped yet in them.  just make sure you match the sole to the conditions.  1 caution,  the felt with studs is great all around sole except for snow and muddy banks, use the plain studs for these conditions.
    MightyMidge
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Korkers "Outfitter" Wading Boots with interchangeable soles 2008/03/08 11:05:12 (permalink)
    I guided in them for the fall 07 season and loved them. The guys at korkers sent me a pair, and I am glad they did. Liked them enough that we brought them into the shop (Ultimate Angler). I used the studded sold the entire time. I never once fell because of boot issues. I did, however, fall a couple of times because of:
    a)running after fish
    b)walking off the edge of banks while playing fish
    c)stepping in massive mudslicks and sliding off of banks
    d)all of the above....

I am not a graceful man....

-Steve B
    Xstream Fishing
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 78
    RE: Korkers "Outfitter" Wading Boots with interchangeable soles 2008/03/08 17:05:45 (permalink)
    Steve,

Who did you talk to at Korkers, Jeff or Brian?

X

We have not inherited this world from our ancestors, rather we borrowed it from our children.

Happiness does not come from having much, but from being attached to little...
    FISH ON, GOTTA RUN!
    tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4334
    RE: Korkers "Outfitter" Wading Boots with interchangeable soles 2008/03/08 17:40:58 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Loomis

I have the guide series currently and had the wetlands ones before I think, I love em.  I think they are hands down the best invention in fly fishing.  The guide boots feel like a hiking shoe and the Boa lace system is the same as snowboaring boots, truly awesome.  I'd def reccomend spending the extra bux and getting the Korker GUides.  I change the soles as needed with ease, and definetly don't slip in them.

Ditto.

just make sure you order them at least one size larger than your shoe size.

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
    RIZ
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: Korkers "Outfitter" Wading Boots with interchangeable soles 2008/03/08 20:40:43 (permalink)
    you're right tippy.  you may even need 2 sizes bigger.  i'm a size 13 and needed a 15. 
    MightyMidge
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Korkers "Outfitter" Wading Boots with interchangeable soles 2008/03/15 17:37:03 (permalink)
    Exstream, I think it was Jeremy (direct with Korkers...) We have them in the shop now and they are being met with much love!
    -Steve
    Jump to: