What are your favorite streamers for Steelhead and Lake Run Brown Trout?

Author
acapotis
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points: 0
2021/11/13 22:18:33 (permalink)

What are your favorite streamers for Steelhead and Lake Run Brown Trout?

Personally, I enjoy fishing a gold size 8 Kreelex streamer. I think it looks very flashy in the water, and it is always fun using heavier pound test line for Steelhead. I would love to see photos of your catches/streamers you use for Steelhead and Brown Trout! I usually strip this fly in the fall and spring. I have slowly swung it across currents in the winter and as well found success. Typically, I do not have to attach weight or perhaps a splitshot about 12 inches above the fly. Occasionally, I use polyleader that is a fast sink leader, then about five feet of line, kreelex. Ready to fish.

If you would adjust what I am doing, I would welcome some feedback or critiques.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
rippinlip
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2146
Re: What are your favorite streamers for Steelhead and Lake Run Brown Trout? 2021/12/07 13:01:44 (permalink)
I clicked on the picture and a 12 pound steelhead spilled over onto my desk. 

You should have been here yesterday.............. Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by [Sir Izaak Walton]
Dirty McCurdy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: What are your favorite streamers for Steelhead and Lake Run Brown Trout? 2021/12/29 08:21:12 (permalink)
White & Flash Marabou Clouser
Jump to: