Helpful ReplyHot!Give me all your moneys

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 7
Author
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1164
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/09 15:44:40 (permalink)
pensfan1
But at $7.75 it has become basically poverty line.

Yes! Exactly. And that is precisely the problem. It’s not doing what it was supposed to do anymore. It’s not protecting American labor anymore.

At the very least, minimum wage needs to be tied to inflation. That’s what many European countries do, and it works much better than what we do. Which is basically nothing.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8273
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/09 17:08:47 (permalink)
https://livingwage.mit.edu/states/42/locations

I have no issues with them adjusting to meet the absolute lowest livable wage, for a single person, with no children, in the lowest market in the country.  Then tie it to inflation.  If you were to go above that, then that area and others like it would get crushed.  I have an issue with it being $15/hr, which seems to be a figure pulled out of thin air.

Children and other "added expenses" should not be averaged into this figure.  This is handled already by CHIP and other programs.  UNLESS, there would be a plan to end CHIP/ACCESS and others, and CUT taxes that provide those programs.  I personally have not heard of anything to end these programs if raising wages, beyond Crappiefisher stating that they wouldn't be needed.  In theory, I agree with him, but I have not heard of this being the actual plan if $15/hr were to pass.

With our country having thousands of micro-economies, a minimum wage should be up to each state, county or city to reflect their market livable wage.

This is better to search all of US.  It is hard to argue figures from MIT.  Not that there aren't other sources of good info as well.  This is not from the Heritage Institute or other number spinning factory.

https://livingwage.mit.edu/
post edited by Porktown - 2021/02/09 17:25:00
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4723
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/09 19:46:00 (permalink)
While it is not yet completely exactly known what is in the Covid bill with regard to the $15 minimum wage, it is rumored that not only is that wage there, but it is subject to change (upward only) based on the annual median income in the country. In other words, if wages of non minimum wage earners go up to keep pace with their knowledge, skills, and abilities which separated them from the minimum wage earner, and they will, the minimum wage will automatically adjust to cover the percentage difference.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2955
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 07:28:13 (permalink)
 Biden supports a increase too $15 over a period of time. But he won't fight/push to get there, big difference.

Seems to me a good bit of the better paying jobs (besides construction) the work place is lazy and are over payed for what they do. 

Places like Walmart the parking lots are crowded, tractor trailer after tractor trailer getting unloaded especially after 10:00 pm --- 4:00 am. People may say the workers are lazy and so forth don't have a clue. Least they start with a $15 hr. pay rate these days and have a good profit sharing the employees get around the holidays. Hope they don't get screwed if and when a min. wage increase starts to go in place.

When I worked for the U.S. Department Of Labor yeah I had my 5 weeks vacation, 5 sick days, personal days and every holiday imaginable plus when a ex president died (2) would have the day off with pay. Good benefits for healthcare was a plus, and matching dollar for dollar on 401's. I was use to hard fiscal labor, masonry, carpenter, roofing, home remodeling and would spend weekends felling trees for fire wood. People get away with so much compared to retail workers (busy place) Heck smoke brakes every 45 mins., bosses, engineers and employees sleeping on the job, salary pos. even worse, leave at 11:00 and get payed for a full day, don't punch a clock. Supposed to have 1/2 hr. lunch but go across river to restaurants for a couple hrs. 

First year I worked there I received the 2nd biggest bonus for all employees over 200 ov 'em. One year we had 5 tests to take and they let us study for a week or so. We would take the test  around 100 at a time in wanna of the large cafeterias I would be the first or second one finished every time out of 98% collage grads. Pretty sad if you ask me.
 Hated to quit but couldn't put up with how lazy some people are. So I said time to retire.

10 years ago a roll of insul. = under $10 currently over $20, sheet 3/4" plywood = $22 nowadays over $40. In one year my Anderson windows went from $244 -- close to $500 each. They are just the first to pop in my head.  Maybe if people ain't for a increase in min. wage we could go the other way and say anyone that makes $60,000 up takes a 5% cut in salary a yr. for 3 yrs. straight to get things back into perspective 

crappy
    Hey pork, I have these two chairs that belonged to H.J. Hines. One is a throne with kings and lions and the other a matching North Wind (keeps evil sprits away) They look like from a old Dracula's castle film. Ain't having any luck with offers so far here with pm's. Your "Give me all your moneys" is a bust. Better off on Marketplace.
post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/10 09:06:03
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4723
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 08:01:38 (permalink)
^^^^ So, are you suggesting in your last statement that if all cannot be risen to the same level, then the course of action is to lower the population to the same level? Or if everyone cannot be happy, then everyone should have the same misery?

Just want to understand what is meant by reducing those above in order to appease those below.

I guess we really don’t need doctors, engineers, pilots, truck drivers, entertainment, etc. as long as the bottom is happy no one is above them. Why would anyone go to the time, effort, and expense to train for a better job if the reward is to immediately and consistently take a pay cut until they are equal with those who don’t want or can’t do said same. There is already a doctor shortage in the US because of the Medicare and Medicaid limits on what they can get (not charge, but get) because people who have the wherewithal to become doctors are going into other fields in order to make unregulated money amounts and skip the average $300,000 medical school debt.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 08:14:58 (permalink)
 Good point, lot more points could be taken from this. All my Dr. relatives and the ones I know prob. wouldn't miss out much plus get a tax brake. They travel all over the world and some retire early. But they also would benefit with the lower cost of goods. It's the same either way up or down a balance if the price of things would balance with it.

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 08:29:32 (permalink)
 Here is a message my cousin sent me a couple weeks back...
After 28 years , Tom has decided to hang up his ER white coat at Sewickley Valley Hospital. Today was his last day. Tom has been working 5 different positions for several years. 1. ER Sewickley Valley hospital, 2. Sewickley Academy’s doctor. 3. FIve Clinics , Columbus, Ohio 4. Expert witness - several lawyers, multiple states. 5. Doctor on Demand, ( telemedicine ) It was hard decision for Tom to make but he is spread to thin and we are all really excited to see him more. Congratulations Tom, So many wonderful experiences and people that you will never forget. I am really proud of you !! Here’s to more biking, skiing, hiking, reading , chess and traveling, you derseve it all. We love you so much !!!! Ps. Tom is not retiring. He is still working the other 4 jobs. 

— with Thomas A. Doyle
post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/10 08:31:15
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 08:46:04 (permalink)
 I was being a little sarcastic, much easier to right the ship we created to this point.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 09:23:14 (permalink)
I think that I get what Crappy is saying.  Working at Walmart is not an easy job.  There are many other much easier jobs paying much more.  He mentioned his own experience with jobs paying much more and guys that didn't bust their humps, collecting pay checks.  I agree, he is right.  

My response is, those other jobs are currently looking for more people to make more money and work less...  Why don't those busting their humps at Walmart, just apply to a few of these places and find something better, instead of crushing the economy to force it to change for them?  It really isn't all that hard to find another job.  Most of those that are actually busting their hump at Walmart, aren't staying in the lowest wage positions for very long.  Whether it is finding something else or Walmart promoting.  This raising of the minimum wage, is not for the ones that bust their hump.  Our economy ends up rewarding those that bust their hump.  

I worked at a Shop N Save for a couple of years and a Giant Eagle for a couple of months (closest that I can say to Walmart).  I worked in a few restaurants that would get really busy during lunch & dinner every day, busting your hump for those hours.  None of these jobs were really heavy labor and all followed a set of rather simple instructions for the tasks that were not complex.  As noted, there are many other jobs available that pay much higher and work less, but involve heavy labor and/or don't follow simple instructions that require an employee to know or at least reference more complex ideas or have to make their own sets of instructions.  There are even those positions in Walmart and other companies that pay equivalent to those outside of Walmart.  Check out how much a pharmacy technician makes at Walmart or a department manager or someone that does the ordering.  Most of those employees are the ones that did bust their rears inside of a Walmart and their managers rewarded them with better paying jobs.  I watched a show about the strategic layout of Walmart (making sure you pass as many impulse items between the entrance & exit and the milk section)...  Those guys that figured that all out are making $7.25/min if not more.  Should they take a 5% pay cut for busting their rears, or just the ones that did it outside of Walmart or other?  Should Walmart start promoting everyone, regardless of their performance?

My first 2 years out of college, I averaged 65-70 hours per week, getting paid for 40 of them.  Many weeks, including travel would do over 80 hours.  I'd go months with spending more time sleeping in hotel rooms, in flights all around the country and driving rental cars, more than sleeping in my own bed or driving my own car.  I spent much of my free time looking for a new job.  Talking to my friends, coworkers and family, that is what is expected of kids out of college.  "Tough it out and you will be rewarded."  We lose most of our new employees within a year.  Years 3-10, I was down to 50-60 hour weeks, still getting paid for 40.  I was actually responsible for more and had more jobs, but had figured out a lot.  Now, I have a few weeks per year that I work over 60 hours and many weeks I am typing on a fishing board to hit 40, still paid for 40.  I get more done in 40 than I used to when I was working 60 (smart phones and other technology in the past 20 years helps too).  My work is different every day with hundreds of different tasks.  My only instructions are engineering manuals, codes, and limitations of the product/software, other than that I have to figure everything out per the client's needs.  I am responsible for $Ms in product, meeting deadlines to coordinate schedules so my clients don't face down time.  Any mistakes that I make could cost $Ms to fix.  We are currently hiring about 50 employees all over the country, many openings have been available for over a year.  Jobs like mine are there for those willing to invest 4 years in college then get mentally abused for 2-3 years until you figure things out.  After 5 years or so, it isn't too bad.  It is work, I'd rather be fishing.  

BTW - I will be taking an 18% pay cut this year as compared to last year and forced to take a week of unpaid furlough.  That is my take home pay alone.  The company stock is going to take a hammering when it values out, which is where most of my retirement funding is.  I will gladly take the 5% cut, if I could trade out what I am expecting to lose.  $15/hr minimum wage hike would basically be icing on the turd cake for me.  You thought inflation of items was high with everything you noted, wait until this goes through.  If it does, I am registering Republican and will put a Trump flag up at my house.  And I think Trump is the biggest waste of a soul of our time.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 11:21:32 (permalink)
  Tim, When I worked at W.M. overnights I told them I could only work 32 hours a week (full benefits) since I worked for myself doing construction during the day. I was in charge of sporting good and automotive.  

I cleaned up on the $$ while working there. Good thing to have a $1000 or so in your pocket going to work and a big van. Go in and they say we have $15,000 to spend for mark downs tonight. How about lawn and garden & sporting goods? Another night it would be electronics and hardware and so on. Mostly change of the season stuff. They were the richest company on the planet so could do what they wanted (Write Off) Golf clubs reg. $300 down too $20, deer and waterfowl season over ammo $1.50--$2 a box. You name it camping, fishing, long under ware, wool socks, camo & orange coats, waders, baseball gloves, games pretty much giving the stuff away. Bought about a dozen guns for dirt cheap. I'd buy as much as I had cash and sometimes have to use the card. Good thing we had a hr. lunch which I had them change to a 1/2 option later. Hated being there longer than need be for zero reason. The store manger was a big liar. I had them bring in a real fork lift instead of just pump jacks, saved them tons of time and workman's comp for bad backs and climbing accidents. Then got those two letters in the mail yrs. later stating they had a law suit against them and turned out every hour I put in in that year in a half was a extra $100 on top of it. So all in all worked out not too bad. Plus 12 mins. from home not like a hr. to the zoo.  

Sorry to hear on the pay cut. Its been happening since late summer for the guys I know working from home. I tell them it's probably still better than being stuck in traffic jams/gas/time wear & tear on the car/truck. They all agree and said nice working from home. I know you worked from most times already so hurts more so.

Grumpy
post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/10 11:27:03
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 12:17:24 (permalink)
Grumpy!  Ha, ha.  That is me too!  Especially after hearing how much of a hit I will take this year.  My department hit all of our goals too, but the rest of the company, not so much.  I have a bit of a captive audience in the military that basically went on as business as usual through the pandemic though.  Operating costs with empty offices and factories is not good.  A lot of companies are facing the same of paying rent for empty offices and need to make some sort of changes.  That is why I am all for the stimulus money, for people to go out and spend and have these factories and offices filled again.  I hear the argument of targeting those funds and in theory agree, but it is such a mess out there, it would take years to really figure out "who" to target to at this point.  There are many industries that are not feeling the effects of the pandemic yet, but like the virus itself has lagging indicators.  Will our economic structure be changing (will people keep working from home, will meeting shift to virtual, etc?).  If so, would the airlines, commercial real estate, and other industries ever bounce back?  Do we target the ones that are currently effected only, or give to all and hope that it keeps other from needing additional "targeted funds" in the future?  I tend to think go all now, and hope that many of these companies are able to use the cash in flow to adjust their business plans before they go belly up.  Same thing with the household income limits.  Many of those that worked from home this year and able to keep their jobs are going through the same as me of not seeing the cuts until this coming year.  I am fine to not see additional funds and fine to suck things up for a year, but will definitely effect my spending/saving ratio.  If I were to get a stimulus check, I would be sure to spend it.  If I don't, I'm not likely to do much in the way of non-typical spending.

There are tons of perks for working at Walmart and many places, which is why many stay there.  Honestly, I am only mentioning them since you brought them up.  From what I hear of Walmart, they treat their employees that work hard and committed, very well in promotion opportunities, etc.  My cousin is a loss prevention manager for them and a friend that moved to TX is a pharmacy tech (why I know they pay well).  I have heard the same of McDonalds and other companies that many of us associate with the terms "entry level" or "minimum wage".  They have their entry level positions, but you can't be a $B company without having many positions that pay a lot more.  The thing to me is, most of the people that work at any of these places have opportunity either at those places or elsewhere.  Our economy is set up for those that bust their rears, rarely get stuck at entry level positions/pay, which is why I have such a distain for this minimum wage issue.  I would think it is EXTREMELY rare, for anyone that is willing to put in a full day of honest work, to remain under their local market's livable wage.  For those that are unable to do so, we already have programs in place to assist them.

If someone wants to argue the need for subsidizing daycare or other programs to help the lower wage workers and making sure each is making their market's livable wage, I am all ears.

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 13:40:17 (permalink)
Don't think people well off don't take advantage of government hand outs . I know couples
(well off ) that were divorced on paper but still lived together just for college assistance for their kids. Others never legally marry to receive the extra government benefits for their children even though both work good jobs but qualify as singles. 

I know people who ran their own companies and kept secret their fancy private owned condos in Florida so employees wouldn't know just how well the company was doing...we wouldn't want their employees to expect better pay or raises for all their devoted hard work.
We only hear from owners when companies are failing , only then are they ready to share the problems with employees. 

My first job was 1 dollar per hour working at a local Isaly's store (1967) ...14 years old and hated it. Washing dishes , moping floors , stacking empty pop bottles in cases ...non stop work for 5 hours steady after school....got so busy one evening punched out 15 minutes late . Boss chewed me out the next day ...said I'll pay you the overtime but don't let it happen again!

I got an extra quarter on my next pay !  

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 14:01:19 (permalink)
 Tim, I Guess if you are very young out of college to get promoted to decent paying jobs. One kid worked in Lawn and garden & dreamed of becoming a store manager. Within 2 yrs. he got his wish. Had to move to Buffalo I think for the job. Our store managers started out in the $120,000 range way back when and a huge profit sharing incentive = (lack of cashiers imo) Any one in their 30's up in age would have a hard time with immaturity with managers and co-workers for the most part working in that environment. Had a good bit of dykes for managers so if you were a male were treated with disrespect often, they had favoritism.
 I remember taking 20 two packs of Rustulim spray paint marked down to a dollar a pack to the cashier.. They owed me $78.80. They had $5 coupons in 'em. 

post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/14 01:37:12
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/10 19:28:26 (permalink)
MyWar
EMitch
I'm sick to death of hearin' the minimum wage isn't a living wage. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE! It's a starting wage for high school graduates and college bound students.

Wrong. You are just wrong. Anybody that would say something so dumb is totally ignorant of the history of labor movement in both the US and worldwide.

I should have known the resident know-it-all would be along in an attempt to chastise and belittle. You are such a genuine arsehole, it's hard to believe somebody hasn't hospitalized you because of your caustic mouth. But then again, maybe you're talkin' through your azz 'cause your mouth knows better.

If you agree with the Progressive Democrats, that's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech and racism.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2220
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/11 13:44:06 (permalink)
I don't believe in having a defined minimum wage. Period. Pay someone whatever you have to for work done or services rendered.

"Three enemies of personal peace: regret over yesterday's mistakes, anxiety over tomorrow's problems, and ingratitude for today's blessings.:
William Arthur Ward
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1164
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/11 19:04:07 (permalink)
EMitch
MyWar
EMitch
I'm sick to death of hearin' the minimum wage isn't a living wage. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE! It's a starting wage for high school graduates and college bound students.

Wrong. You are just wrong. Anybody that would say something so dumb is totally ignorant of the history of labor movement in both the US and worldwide.

I should have known the resident know-it-all would be along in an attempt to chastise and belittle. You are such a genuine arsehole, it's hard to believe somebody hasn't hospitalized you because of your caustic mouth. But then again, maybe you're talkin' through your azz 'cause your mouth knows better.

Ok but you’re still wrong.
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2960
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/12 12:57:47 (permalink)
EMitch
MyWar
EMitch

He is without a doubt, a keyboard cowboy. He wouldn't say jack**** face to face.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2788
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/12 18:45:52 (permalink)
Ya ,I'm sure you're ☝☝a real tuff guy too.. jus say'IN

#creepyvalley #joeknew
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/12 19:01:02 (permalink)
Kinda funny that for 6 years, you're headcheerleader whose name shall not be spoken, attacked belittled and bashed anyone he saw fit to and you guys were totally OK with that.

Funny story, he tucked tail and ran away not to be heard from again. What a shame. 😆😆😆
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/14 01:36:28 (permalink)
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/03/10 21:32:44 (permalink)
What youins think about the 10 year bond seeming to halt on the skyrocket? Good for stonks, mortgages and holding off inflation. Not the best sign for an economic recovery. I’m guessing the economic package getting inked is what stopped the rise.

Good news on the day, besides most stocks on the rise, NRG dropped into a nice buy range and excellent forecast from the multiple analysts sites that I cross reference. Can’t say that means anything, besides me dumping one energy stonk that looked to be maxed out for another. Probably to watch it tank... ha ha.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/03/13 10:42:24 (permalink)
The wealthy in this country have "brainwashed" the middle to lower income earners to criticize each other constantly on wages , government subsidies , pensions, unions, and health care. They want us to continually battle each other on above issues there by dividing and holding us back. They enjoy that we battle against each other daily instead of realizing the wealthy are the true and "biggest abusers of the system"....and silence is their best friend . 

The wealthy "never bash" each other on earned money issues, tax loopholes , government hand outs.....they say nothing ! Whens the last time you ever heard company CEO's say their counter parts were over paid ? 
How about corporate welfare ....ever here any companies complaining about too much free government money going out to them ? Never ! 

I love those news announcers on TV criticizing other peoples incomes, but if you knew what they made you'd flip ! Read a script and get paid tens of thousands of dollars ....man that's tough, but that worker at the local business or factory is overpaid and lazy. Really ?

Wake up America ..........
We need to point the blame fingers upward not sideways or downward ! 

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/03/13 14:25:26 (permalink)
100% Capt.  We hear it here all of the time on this board.  That is exactly what those at the very top want.  

The vast majority come from inherited money.  What all of us should be talking about, are the ultra wealthy that come from money and have a cycle created for them from laws they put together. 

Just look at your 401k or whatever investments you have and how that money grows.  Just imagine if you had $1M given to you right now that you could invest.  The S&P yearly average is 13.6% over the last 10 years and 10.9% over the last 50 years.  Most mutual funds advertise their long term averages beating the S&P average, so most likely making a good bit more than that average number.  $1M invested is $109K-$136K using the S&P average.  Who here would be upset with "an income" of either, for doing absolutely nothing?  If you don't take it out to spend it, you aren't taxed and that 13.6% is compounded and makes even more.  If it is in investments for longer than a year, you don't get taxed at all on the money made if you don't have what the Federal Government considers other income or any other income over $40k.  Just think how many rich kids are given at least $1M by their parents.  $1M in 1970 is worth $6.7M today.  That is $730K-$911K that it would gain in a year of the market under those averages...  

Yet some want to chastise someone for having an $80K salary, since their salary is $40K...  Meanwhile the guy that makes $80K is being taxed around 14% on for Federal Income tax alone and on average after all "withholdings" (FIT, SS, Med, SIT and other), you get a little under $60K of take home pay.  If Richie Rich doesn't have a job, he can pull $80k from the Daddy fund and it is still $80k.       

You can argue that 10.9-13.6% is an average and many years it is minus (other years it is much higher).  But those with ultra amounts have diversified with bonds, property and other that I really don't know enough about finances to even know...  It doesn't even matter what the market does, they rarely lose money in a year (unlike the rest of us).

To make it even better for the rest of us, their parents are in a network that don't us in.  Put their kids in exclusive private schools from their start through college that only those in the network are allowed in, besides maybe some ultra genius kids that will raise the test scores and make those schools look better.  Then when out are given executive positions from others in the network, where their job is to say yes or no, or chose an option A-C, that the hard workers below them put together.  Many times not having high "salaries", but have crazy stock options and other tax evasion ways that their wealth balloons with as little taxes as possible paid.  Why should they pay for taxes, when we can do that for them? 

At least with this cycle, they throw us a bone in allowing us to have 401K's and other methods of investing in their money making machine of the stock market.  In communist societies, they have the same ultra rich class, but those below can't join in at all.  
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/03/15 13:05:47 (permalink)
Didnt know where to put this so  money thread seemed just about right--

As the Gov of NY seems likely to fall  sooner or later it brings to mind the gov of California and his recall issue.
Two of the biggest Dems in the country--
Looks to me like the Cal Gov is trying to buy his way out of the problem.
Couple of weeks ago he was pushing the guaranteed minimum wage thing and now they want to give Cal Teachers several thousand dollars each out of the upcoming stimulus money, even going so far as to suggest they use the money for a much needed vacation.

There is no - ya cant make this stuff up thread or I woulda used it--
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/03/15 13:11:18 (permalink)
r3g3
it brings to mind the gov of California and his recall issue.

If it was the ex-California governor, he could do a Total Recall...

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/03/15 18:21:35 (permalink)
Hmmm mayhap I was wrong bout Cal--- Now Chicago is talking bout using stimulus dollars for a basic income 'experiment'.
Must be a blue thing for a good use of our tax dollars.

Oh yea, since I'm rolling, and bidens crew will NOT admit to a border CRISIS then WHY are they sending in FEMA to care for it ???
Isnt FEMA just for National emergencies like floods- twin tower bombings- tornados and the like--heck this aint even a crisis yet-or is it??

Nancy seems the smart one (lol) she is already blaming Trump.
Guess he had money left over and bought out all the BIDEN shirts the illegals are now wearing.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/03/15 18:25:11
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1952
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/03/15 20:16:06 (permalink)
Kind of like when 1 of my lefty leaning buddies says, " DOW hit a record high, love the new Biden administration ".
I busted a gut from laughing so freaking hard, to the point that I'm not even gonna try and educate him some on economics.

BH
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/03/15 20:42:24 (permalink)
I like the Florida governor sipping beer with all the mask less spring breakers ....man I miss being young and dumb.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/03/15 20:42:24 (permalink)
double post
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/03/16 16:16:22 (permalink)
FOMC meeting right now, releasing a statement tomorrow at 2PM.

The market is likely going to have an artificial jump, one way or the other tomorrow and likely Thursday.  Day traders opening round of March Madness!  I'm too chicken/cheap/don't have much to trade with, to mess with day trading.  

For the long term investors that are looking to trade one for another or have some cash, this could be a good time to put away some rainy day funds.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 7
Jump to: