Hardy Reels

Author
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/16 20:37:10 (permalink)

Hardy Reels

Anyone own a hardy marksman reel? I'm likely buying one in the next few weeks, and I am hoping someone on here has had some experience with one.

http://www.hardyusa.com/products/marksmanreels.php

11 Replies Related Threads

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: Hardy Reels 2007/04/17 16:15:26 (permalink)
    Don't have that one, but three others. I Love to fish them. Nothing finer IMHO.

Lyrical
    jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1885
    RE: Hardy Reels 2007/04/17 16:55:38 (permalink)
    You should buy your buddy jeremy an angel for christmas mr big bucks. I just have one question dano, why the hell do you need a $500 reel to catch suckers?
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: Hardy Reels 2007/04/17 20:18:14 (permalink)
    I have been thinking about getting an angel, instead of the marksman. I think I'll wait until I can compare the two side by side. Anyone have an angel they can comment on?
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: Hardy Reels 2007/04/17 20:20:20 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: jlh42581

I just have one question dano, why the hell do you need a $500 reel to catch suckers?

I dont have a good answer for that question, even though I was waiting for one of you smart****e$ to ask it. lol
    D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    RE: Hardy Reels 2007/04/18 09:23:38 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: thedrake

Anyone own a hardy marksman reel? I'm likely buying one in the next few weeks, and I am hoping someone on here has had some experience with one.

http://www.hardyusa.com/products/marksmanreels.php

I don't have one, but it's a gorgeous reel. 

If you've got the money, I don't see how one could go wrong with one of those.
    dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2985
    RE: Hardy Reels 2007/04/18 22:38:26 (permalink)
    That Hardy Cascapedia Reel sure looks sweet.

Gone Fishing
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: Hardy Reels 2007/04/19 21:00:35 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dano

That Hardy Cascapedia Reel sure looks sweet.

Yeah, it does. Too bad it sells for around $900. Peerless reels are very similar and usually sell for around $600. http://www.peerlessreel.com/traditional_trout_reels.htm

duncsdad
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: Hardy Reels 2007/04/20 22:01:14 (permalink)

I just have one question dano, why the hell do you need a $500 reel to catch suckers?

I dont have a good answer for that question, even though I was waiting for one of you smart****e$ to ask it. lol

Now why would you think that we would bring up that little sucker, eh, incident again?

(Jeremy, this new board has been up for about a month and the photo has yet to be posted -- are you sleeping or what?)

With respect to the Hardy, a freind of mine has several, I am not sure of the models.  He swears by them.

In any case, since you are now back among the gainfully employed, you will no longer have the time to fish and therefore don't need a new Hardy reel.

By the way, while you are away training the rest of us plan on catching every single trout in the Little J.

Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: Hardy Reels 2007/04/22 13:10:19 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: duncsdad

Now why would you think that we would bring up that little sucker, eh, incident again?

(Jeremy, this new board has been up for about a month and the photo has yet to be posted -- are you sleeping or what?)

With respect to the Hardy, a freind of mine has several, I am not sure of the models.  He swears by them.

In any case, since you are now back among the gainfully employed, you will no longer have the time to fish and therefore don't need a new Hardy reel.

By the way, while you are away training the rest of us plan on catching every single trout in the Little J.

Shawn,

I'll be back for a few days this week, mon-wed. Hopefully, you'll leave some fish for me. I hear the grannoms came off heavy today. It nearly made me sick to find out that I missed the first day of the hatch. Oh well, I guess that happens to us working stiffs now and then. lol

If any of you guys want to fish any day monday through wednesday, let me know. I've been fishing tuppelhocken creek here in reading, and I must say, it doesnt even compare to our neck of the woods, cant wait to get back to the little J.

About you saying I dont need a Hardy, I probably dont need one, i'm just trying to blow some of the money I made being as you said "gainfully employed".
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    duncsdad
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: Hardy Reels 2007/04/23 19:13:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: duncsdad

Shawn,

I'll be back for a few days this week, mon-wed. Hopefully, you'll leave some fish for me. I hear the grannoms came off heavy today. It nearly made me sick to find out that I missed the first day of the hatch. Oh well, I guess that happens to us working stiffs now and then. lol

If any of you guys want to fish any day monday through wednesday, let me know. I've been fishing tuppelhocken creek here in reading, and I must say, it doesnt even compare to our neck of the woods, cant wait to get back to the little J.

About you saying I dont need a Hardy, I probably dont need one, i'm just trying to blow some of the money I made being as you said "gainfully employed".

If it doesn't rain too hard tonight, I plan on being on the Little J Tuesday evening about 5:30 PM.  I am thinking about the lower river near Barree.  If you are going to be in the area, wade in.  Or if you have a better idea, post to meet you elsewhere or drop me an email.  I'll check home email and the boards from work at about 11:30 AM.  Other than that, I will be incommunicado.

Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
    Jump to: