Helpful ReplyHot!protest opinions

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 19
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11978
  • Reward points: 0
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 09:15:41 (permalink)
Simple enough, Washington can secede from the union and become their own little country. amirite.

BUTT wait, that would mean no more leeching tax money from the hard working people of America. jus'sayin'.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7640
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 09:45:43 (permalink)
psu_fish

If you don't do anything stupid or illegal, the police leave you alone.

You, MyWar, I and most others on this board, I agree with your statement 100%.  But that is part of white privilege that many of us don't fully understand why many are protesting.  

Who here hasn't done something stupid and possibly illegal, many times right in front of a cop and most likely a warning if even caught his attention.  If you do that same exact thing, but change the color of your skin, your chances of going to jail or possibly being killed go up exponentially.  Do that as a black man in a white neighborhood and chances of getting a warning or not catching a cop's attention that is in the area is about as good of a chance of me limiting out on walleye this weekend.  Once most police see the color of the skin, especially in those white neighborhoods, not much doesn't catch their attention.  Most white people in those neighborhoods that see a black person, instantly get nervous and feel he/she is up to no good.  That is systematic racism.  Which CLEARLY exists.  Anyone that feels otherwise is lying to themselves.  It isn't an opinion, it is a fact.  

That said, many impoverished areas have high crime.  Not just a black and white thing.  Middle of nowhere towns often have no people of color, but still have sketchy areas with more crime.  Rarely do you hear of these sort of excessive force issues.  Crime rates might not be as high, but these people are often treated as I noted before about white people getting away with these things more.  In cities, those impoverished areas are where many people of color live.  In part due to the distrust of other races, from centuries of this systematic racism.  It is hard to get out of an impoverished community, when most of those hiring the well paying jobs, won't give you any honest consideration, due to your race only.  Whether consciously or subconsciously.  No doubt these communities are filled with crime.  Some is due to many in those communities that have given up on living by the rules set up by old white guys, that for centuries have stacked things against them.  Not saying it is right or excuses actions, but it is reality.  And just like white neighborhoods, there is a percentage that are hooked on drugs and others that would rather be lazy and live off of others.  There are many neighborhoods within 5 miles of my house that I won't step foot in, since things are so sketchy.  I understand why there is a perception of violence and crime in some communities, it exists.  I understand why police in these areas want to dress in full militarized gear.

Do some deserve to be arrested, shot at, etc. definitely.  Does the media and protester groups hype criminal's deaths without knowing or purposely ignoring the whole story, definitely.  Case in point was an article today about David McAtee, from Louisville.  Who was shot and killed by a National Guard troop in Louisville during protests.  So many misleading things said about the police and National Guard about his death.  They left his body sit for 8 hours or something like that.  The police and National Guard used excessive force, they didn't use body cameras...  Then security footage shows Mr. McAtee running into a house, opening fire multiple times at the door, then trying to go BACK out to shoot again, and the Guardsman caught him in the throat with a round, that was returned fire well after Mr. McAtee fired the initial shots.  Many of the examples through the years have been guys that were in the act of a crime and resisted arrest or going to attack a cop.  Police have every right to protect themselves.  No doubt the Floyd knee choke was beyond excessive for someone not wanting to stay still in the back of a police car.

The kid jaywalking, cuffed and thrown on the ground, to me is more of what this is about.  The cops that go in shooting for a drug arrest, without knocking, and later find out that they already had their suspect in custody.  These types of things happen to black and Latino communities far more than white communities.  

It is a huge complex web that needs to be unraveled.  It isn't "beat them into submission" nor is it "defund the police".  This is something that will take decades to fix.  IMO, nature will fix much of it.  Interracial marriages are a huge positive to solving this.  In 2-3 generations, I would think that most people have at least one interracial marriage in their family or close friend circle.  Seeing that that baby/child with slightly darker skin is the same blood that runs through your veins or of a guy you call a brother will change people's view.  I also think that this "war on drugs" is nothing more than a "war on We the People", especially when it comes to marijuana.  I do not use any illegal drugs.  But I know some very good people that are very productive in society that use marijuana.  Some are able to get "legally", but in an "illegal" fashion.  Others buy from "the street", which somewhere along the chain is lending a huge hand in this systematic racism.  Legalize and tax it.  Stop throwing teenage kids into prison for selling it, which many of darker skin are getting sentenced/killed and those lighter skin get warnings.  I know a popular topic in this crowd, but something will eventually happen with the ease of owning firearms in this country.  Regardless of this web being unraveled, there will always be criminals.  There needs to be a way for law abiding citizens to own and those not, having a much harder time obtaining.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 10:02:56 (permalink)
Having seen interviews with the newly formed government of CHAZ and herd the new officials (slurred) speaking.

I'm thinking, we now see another form of swamp dwellers now exploiting "people of color" to further their own agenda.

In this case, the exploitation is for the purpose of keeping Cocaine, methamphetamines, ecstasy, LSD, GHB, Ketamine, annnnnd Painkillers such as; morphine, methadone, Buprenorphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone & heroin freely flowing through our neighborhoods.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 10:27:08 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Having seen interviews with the newly formed government of CHAZ and herd the new officials (slurred) speaking.

I'm thinking, we now see another form of swamp dwellers now exploiting "people of color" to further their own agenda.

In this case, the exploitation is for the purpose of keeping Cocaine, methamphetamines, ecstasy, LSD, GHB, Ketamine, annnnnd Painkillers such as; morphine, methadone, Buprenorphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone & heroin freely flowing through our neighborhoods.

Maybe if we had more of this;

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/addicts-should-be-able-to-shoot-up-legally-in-safe-injection-facilities/

There wouldn't be a CHAZ?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 11:01:57 (permalink)
Pork I'm thinking this is exactly what the CHAZ take over, is all about...

These people and their supporters are all about the free use of drugs.

Screw the Covid-19.... I'd love to see mandatory testing and "contact" tracing for use of drugs.

You mention taking decades needed to straighten problems out.

I say we've been promised for decades, the problems would be straightened out.

We constantly hear about the division being created by the Trump Administration yet our country has been well devided decades before Trump took office.

We see everyday Pelosi and her House fighting to get Trump out of the White House. We see everyday more evidence of illegal activity by past democrat (posing) administration.

History proves, when ever the Pelosi House felt threatened by "any" politician wishing to "unite" America, the House of Pelosi played the race card.

Well the race card has about been played out. Black community leaders like Al Sharpton are being called out by other black community leaders. Bogus civil rights lawyers are being called out by other civil rights lawyers. African Americans grow in support of the Trump Administration.

Blue states are voting red.

History proves, The Pelosi House, is responsible for the devision in America and now, because Pelosi has been exposed, the Swampcrats will do everything in their power to take away our vote.

No deep state here.....

JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 782
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 11:09:19 (permalink)
MyWar

But yea man, lets cross our fingers and hope that Trump orders US soldiers to kill Americans in the streets of Seattle. In fact I can't think of a better gift to the Biden campaign than Trump being responsible for the murder of US citizens. Hell, if Trump is stupid enough to actually do something like this, Biden might even throw him in jail after Trump loses in a landslide.

How many people are you willing to sacrifice to fulfill your dreams? Would a half dozen be enough? Biden is such a flawed candidate, it may take a couple of dozen or so, but I'm sure you would still be ok with it, if it was a few hundred. 
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2093
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 11:29:43 (permalink)
Porktown
bigfoot

What is your point? I quoted the amendment verbatim. The troops in DC where quartered in what, motels/hotels? By definition they are open to the public, not a  private residence. To the best of my knowledge the owners of said establishments did't throw the troops out, the mayor of DC did. I don't think she had any legal basis do do so.

You did NOT quote in verbatim (meaning exact words, which I have noted and are the same regardless of source), you added a word.  Then based your whole opinion off of that word that you added.

Not even then, but now, you are basing your opinion off of the word that doesn't exist in the amendment. 

"Any" and "private" are completely different words and change the meaning of the amendment.

This is the opinion that some people have of the 2nd Amendment.  As written, it says "the right to bear arms", which technically should include nuclear weapons.  Many like to insinuate that it means "small arms".  Or "arms of the time".  

I stand corrected. The original source I came across, I believe it was Wikipedia, did have the word "private" in it, but upon further review I came across this. "No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be described by law." Hope this clears things up.

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 11:50:52 (permalink)
bigfoot
Hope this clears things up.

I really didn't want to argue it, as we really don't know what the founding fathers meant.  They very well could have meant private, but we only have to go off of what was written.  Much like the 1st and 2nd Amendment and their actual meaning at the time.  Adding or changing one word can easily change the meaning of just about anything.

Using this Amendment argument to turn away troops from other state's National Guard units, at the very least falls into a Federal Court decision to interpret this amendment.  
bubbaman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 239
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 12:00:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CAPTAIN HOOK 2020/06/14 10:56:17
MyWar
eyesandgillz  All necessary force should be used until the violence is quelled.  

For looters or arsonists, lead is the best medicine,

Looks like I have to remind the “pro life” conservatives that property damage can be repaired, but dead human beings can not be brought back to life.

Also, you do not get to dictate the terms of “protest” as only things which do not inconvenience you. That isn’t how protests work. Asking nicely does not bring about the fundamental and systemic change that the protesters seek.

you are so involved in your own beliefs you don't see how the protests and violence affect other innocent people, property can be replaced sometimes some times not . protesting is fine if it is done with out harming some one or something else, and I would stand with a protest if I believed in the reason. but this has gone beyond the reason it was started, when you induce violence and injury to people that are not standing right beside you , THAT IS WRONG, you can not put every police officer in the category of a few  that have done wrong, and yes I believe what happened to Floyd was wrong , but I won't say abolish all police, that like saying hate and get rid of all protesters because of a few bad ones looting  and burning, and beating innocent people, same thing . the police officers are being treated unfairly they put their lives on the line everyday as they try to protect the innocent weather they are black, white ,brown, yellow they are out taking the criminals off the street while they are being called names, pelted with bottles ,rocks shot at , its a tough job that not a whole lot want to do. they are fighting for their own lives sometimes when you have some high on drugs resisting, or just doesn't want to be caught, if they are not out there then mass violence is going to happen . and neighbor hood policing is not going to work like some want to believe, believe what you   MY WAR  but if your protesting and looting ,burning, injuring , then you need to be stopped by what ever means necessary period.
bubbaman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 239
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 12:22:54 (permalink)
r3g3
Welll -the protests are getting results from dem Mayors in big cities.
LA and NYC are talking about millions out of Police budgets
but wait- it gets better--
Minneapolus  (sp) is talking about ABOLISHING its PD.

Good luck wit dat--

Now lemme ask- if you were a Cop in those places how would feel, and how would act, when put on the riots front lines or confronting a dangerous felon in the near future---
Think an exodus is coming---

you know let them abolish the police force, and when their families are attacked ,raped, burglarized , shot at , they will be crying for police help , and I hope the police say f**k you, its a shame all these do gooders think they have a better idea. when these officers start dropping out in mass numbers , its going to get real fun out there
MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 712
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 14:56:32 (permalink)
psu_fish

Absolutely completely unequivocally untrue. I speak from personal experience.

Do you all really think “cops are a55holes” is something that only the far-left fringe anarchist types believe? It’s definitely not.

I’m not a supporter of this whole “defund the police” thing, but my personal experiences with Pgh city cops range from “unpleasant” to “completely useless”, and I’m talking about situations where I’ve reached out to cops for assistance. They have made it very clear to me they don’t care about the people or the communities they serve. So im inclined to agree with activists that are either (1) calling for major structural change in existing law enforcement mechanisms, or (2) creating something brand new from the ground up. Because the existing system sucks.
thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 871
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 14:57:55 (permalink)
Last time well any time I did something dumb or stupid infront the police my****went in the cruiser (younger years)😂 Should of pulled out my white privilege card I guess...... iv also had many more interactions with police/pgc/pfbc officers that went along super smoothly. In been pulled over stopped checked whatever. This entire movement if that's what ya wanna call it is a huge scam by the democrats for funding. Millions of dollars to line there pockets for what? Who knows . Now if you express your views that don't agree with 👈 your racist, approve of Trump racist. Think blm is a froud racist...... my black buddy is now a racist and got his black card revoked because he's half white and is a Trump supporter! Come on now !!!! There's even fb groups blasting people trying to get them fired for expressing "there opinion " why can't these people make the world a better place instead of breaking it down it's ridiculous

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 15:03:32 (permalink)
Porktown
white privilege

Can’t believe you went there.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 15:23:01 (permalink)
Porktown
psu_fish

It is a huge complex web that needs to be unraveled.  It isn't "beat them into submission" nor is it "defund the police". 

Sure, I think this is a fair way to put it.

But it’s worth noting that “defund the police” is just an activist slogan at this point. It’s not like this is a mainstream position of prominent Democrats. Biden has talked about it and said he would be an advocate for reform, but doesn’t support “defunding” (whatever that even means). In fact there are some city governments that have already begun implementing reforms in response to protests, but to my knowledge, no city has “defunded” their police force yet.

“Beating then into submission” otoh will not end well for anybody.
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2729
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 16:16:37 (permalink)
So the term “defund the police” kind of gets at the heart of the social issues in this country. The explanation I’ve heard is more of a redirection of funds towards other social services because cops are being asked to do too much. Dealing with criminals is only a percentage of their job which is occupied by a whole myriad of other social issues that they must deal with and aren’t necessarily trained for. I think it’s a poor term to use and I am completely against defunding police precincts. I am however in favor of implementing more social services to address the massive need which would also allow cops to do the job they are actually trained to do.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2208
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 16:41:46 (permalink)
I must apologize- I have been wrong about the protesters in CHAZ- formerly part of Seattle -thought they were Democrat extremists.
Not so- seems they are actually quite conservative -

Some of their first major policies are clear indicators--

First -they put up barriers and established clear patrolled borders.

Second -nobody in or out without having proper paperwork showing they belong there.

Third- they clearly are strong second  amendment supporters as many of their border guards carry semi automatic weapons.

And here I thought they were marching to demonize those very things they up and did first--

Funny how things get real different real fast when a responsibility suddenly comes along in life-
-AINT IT - LOL

How long will it take CNN and MSNBC and 'the old grey lady' to catch on and start to demonize them---
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/06/12 16:43:11
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 18:10:11 (permalink)
So as the World marches for George Floyd and other like him. What do you have to say? I guess you ( the Trumpers) are right and the rest of the world is wrong. Nothing to see here. There's no racism in the US. Just bad actors and one or two bad cops. You guys don't know how silly you sound. #Icantbreathe

Hey Cube, Eazy E and Dre rapped about the police in 1986. Now I know the Boomers will have to goggle that, but truss me, they were spot on back then.

O ya, anyone of you ever look up Emett Till yet? You know the 14 year old black boy that was taken from his house, tortured and killed because he whistled at a white woman in 1955 Mississippi. The murder that was covered up by LE and both of the white men accused were acquitted by 12 other white men. Maybe look it up, get some perspective on race relations in this country. Of course once again, if its all white, its all right. Isn't that how some of you look at life?
thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 871
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 18:20:15 (permalink)
There plan is working perfectly. The problem is (guilty) one side trys shoving there beliefs down the others and visversa. Noones helping anything, everyone picks a side and that's that. I'm putting my phone on airplane mode and heading to the mountains

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 18:50:31 (permalink)
pensfan1
So as the World marches for George Floyd and other like him. What do you have to say? I guess you ( the Trumpers) are right and the rest of the world is wrong. Nothing to see here. There's no racism in the US. Just bad actors and one or two bad cops. You guys don't know how silly you sound. #Icantbreathe

Hey Cube, Eazy E and Dre rapped about the police in 1986. Now I know the Boomers will have to goggle that, but truss me, they were spot on back then.

O ya, anyone of you ever look up Emett Till yet? You know the 14 year old black boy that was taken from his house, tortured and killed because he whistled at a white woman in 1955 Mississippi. The murder that was covered up by LE and both of the white men accused were acquitted by 12 other white men. Maybe look it up, get some perspective on race relations in this country. Of course once again, if its all white, its all right. Isn't that how some of you look at life?

The only one I see spewing hate, discontent, creating division and being racist on this thread is you. #11181
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/12 18:51:48

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 20:56:44 (permalink)
r3g3
I must apologize- I have been wrong about the protesters in CHAZ- formerly part of Seattle -thought they were Democrat extremists.

Second -nobody in or out without having proper paperwork showing they belong there.

Third- they clearly are strong second  amendment supporters as many of their border guards carry semi automatic weapons.

And here I thought they were marching to demonize those very things they up and did first--

This stuff might be happening in Rush Limbaugh’s fever dreams, but they aren’t happening in the city of Seattle.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 21:34:11 (permalink)
Ya BT, 11181... we've already established that you have no life. Whats your point Bootlicker?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 21:58:44 (permalink)
pensfan1
Ya BT, 11181... we've already established that you have no life. Whats your point Bootlicker?

😅😂😅

That you are a coward racist bigot. 'nough said tough guy?

Dave Patrick Underwood, #Where's the outcry?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/12 22:44:54

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 22:26:25 (permalink)
MyWar
r3g3

This stuff might be happening in Rush Limbaugh’s fever dreams, but they aren’t happening in the city of Seattle.

No not in the city of Seattle just in the "Land of CHAZ".

Reports coming out that r@pe, assults, and robberies are running rampant in CHAZ. Police response is taking longer by 20 minutes or more.

Butt silly me that was ONLY reported by the Seattle Police Chief speaking on Fox, also where, videos were shown of the peaceful protesters sporting assult style rifles and clubs as they blocked the street(s) into "The Land of CHAZ".
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/12 23:13:29

easy1
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/12 23:41:37 (permalink)
pensfan1

The only life BT knows is fox news the Orange clown and his keyboard.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/13 05:53:00 (permalink)
Oh wow, the BT fan club grows like daisies in a field. Well done Bootlicker.
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 709
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/13 06:04:55 (permalink)
It's a block party. The flower children reveling in communal bliss. Everything is free and they're all singin' kumbaya. That's what the main stream media wants you to believe. You're never gonna see the gun toting thugs that are shaking down business owners who want to get in to check on their businesses, or the goombahs extorting money from citizens that live there and want to get home. The only way to see what's really happening is to watch Fox or OAN.

It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/13 06:13:25 (permalink)
pensfan1
Oh wow, the BT fan club grows like daisies in a field. Well done Bootlicker.

😅😂😂😅 Eat your heart out boy.

Wow... the boy's alter ego club has a new member.

Boy... does your neighbor know you're posting pictures of his vegetable garden and claiming it's yours??

#David Dorn where's the outcry?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/13 06:28:16

Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4134
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/13 06:27:51 (permalink)
When are they going to start taking down Lincoln and basically anything dealing with the founding fathers 🙃 or is it "oNle aLL dAh cOnFedriTz wERE BAd"
post edited by Mountian Man - 2020/06/13 06:34:23

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/13 07:07:07 (permalink)
Classic BT. Luv ya brah🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
#👢👅 #🐈🐂💩
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/13 07:14:42 (permalink)
easy1
The only life BT knows is fox news the Orange clown and his keyboard.

Why yes I do.... know how to use my keyboard. I can even do research like finding, a good taxidermist, without the need to have somebody else do it for me.

It's a good life, not demanding on others to provide for me. 👍👍👍

Have a very nice day.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 19
Jump to: