Helpful ReplyHot!protest opinions

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 19
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11978
  • Reward points: 0
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 14:21:40 (permalink)
DarDy migration, of the willing & able, from the cities like Baltimore have been occuring for years. That is fact.

While reason for leaving may differ, there's no secrete, the vacancy created is filled by those who want to take what's not theirs and not earned.

I must admit though, the migration has worked in my favor. In 24 months, I've sold two properties within weeks of placing them on the market.

Dang near tempting to come out of retirement and hire a crew of Amish carpenters.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 712
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 14:21:55 (permalink)
Trying to make some kind of connection between protests and economic challenges in rust belt cities like Pittsburgh is tenuous at best, and disingenuous at worst. You may want to lookup the term “white flight” and/or do some reading on the actual causes of the collapse of industry in those regions.

Cherry picking things like attendance at Pirate games, tells us nothing. How about the fact that the team owners continue to make money despite the fact that team is terrible (which is likely a much larger factor in poor attendance)?

The “north shore” has also been successfully developed into a substantial entertainment destination which wouldn’t have happened if people were so terrified of the city due to civil unrest. Suburbanites still flock to the Southside and Lawrenceville for the bars and restaurants (past three months being an obvious exception). The city is going to remain a hub for culture and nightlife. In fact in terms of people living, working & spending entertainment dollars in the city itself, it’s probably the most vibrant I’ve seen it in my lifetime.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4684
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 17:04:49 (permalink)
^^^^^
“It is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.” — Switzer

Do some social science, urban studies, and economics research and you find that what I stated is consistent with academic studies.

Here is a research hint — the websites don’t end in .com, but either .org (but follow the money to see who is sponsoring the organization) or .edu.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 709
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 20:08:59 (permalink)
r3g3
Would serve him right after all that his disgusting actions have created.
He has set our society back decades.
From what I read he continued even after one of the other Officers told him he oughta stop.

r3, I thought it was reported that one of the four was partnered with him, as in on-the-job training. Any of the 3 should have knocked him on his **** to make him stop, but there was a pic of him while he was doin' it, and the look in his eyes said he wasn't gonna quit. It's not only sad; it's shameful.

It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 21:23:51 (permalink)
Racial riots started in states/cities after enforcing and extending (beyond legal powers) a "police state" style lock down. The same states/cities ruled by democrat mayors and governors. The same states/cities now threatening to "defund police".

Some folks is beginning to wonder. jus'sayin'.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3426
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 21:24:15 (permalink)
What Chauvin did was digusting, no doubt. Just as the looting and rioting is disgusting.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 23:09:01 (permalink)
Remember the outcry over Trump visiting the church set ablaze by the "peaceful" protesters??

Did all y'all see Pelosi and her Swamcrats kneeling in silence wearing their Kente Cloth?

Kneeling in silence until the camera shutters started and continued for the political photo op.

That's disgusting.

Was some outcry though, wearing the Kente Cloth is getting negative reaction from the black community and exploiting the tragic death of George Floyd for political gain ain't flyin either.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/08 23:10:58

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 23:34:30 (permalink)
oops... dam coast to coast coffee.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/08 23:42:10

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2208
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 08:18:28 (permalink)
18 murders in Chicago in one day  WOW- a record breaker for sure.
Wadda ya wanna bet there will be NO riots.
No Marches.
No Antifa issues.
No burning and looting.
No Dems posturing calling for defunding anything.

BUTTTT- betcha they called the POLICE for each and every one of those shootings.
 and were darned glad when they showed up.

BTW- didja ever wonder how many more were wounded ??
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/06/09 08:51:36
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 09:06:31 (permalink)
r3g3
Cases of police misconduct are commonplace- the beginning of most complaints is " I was just doing this or that and they came".
All too frequently they happen when there a 'friendly' atmosphere wherein those complaints are heard and are made in an effort to influence the arrest or infraction received for the "I was just' things they were doing.
Back in the civilian review board days- to the point of being ridiculous.
Those boards , unfortunately , are made up for political correctness rather that folks actually looking into the issues at hand. where the boards looking into a case  factually and accurately were negated.
Ended up -after time- where neither 'side' liked them and they gradually went away in most all communities.
Now the wheel turns an they are again coming in vogue as the end allfor issues between the Police and community.
Kinda like doing the same thing again expecting different results.

So how do you square this with what happened in Minneapolis? You clearly recognize that Chauvin’s conduct was improper, and you also recognize cases of misconduct as being “commonplace”, but you are dismissing all avenues of accountability. There seems to be a contradiction here.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 09:22:58 (permalink)
EMitch
r3g3
Would serve him right after all that his disgusting actions have created.
He has set our society back decades.
From what I read he continued even after one of the other Officers told him he oughta stop.

r3, I thought it was reported that one of the four was partnered with him, as in on-the-job training. Any of the 3 should have knocked him on his **** to make him stop, but there was a pic of him while he was doin' it, and the look in his eyes said he wasn't gonna quit. It's not only sad; it's shameful.

You are both kind of running face first into the point here. The “good cops” weren’t enough to stop him from killing somebody. That’s a big part of the problem.

Another case in point... the incident in Buffalo where the cops almost killed the 75 year old man... so first the cops tried to lie and say the 75 year old man “tripped and fell”. Then only after video footage surfaced that clearly shows the cops violently knocking him to the ground were two of the cops suspended without pay. THEN, all 57 cops on the Emergency Response team resigned in solidarity and protest.

So we have two separate incidents of “good cops” that either: (1) failed to stop the “bad cops” from killing somebody or (2) clearly back the play of the “bad cops” despite the fact that video evidence clearly shows the cops lied and acted improperly.

Are the “good cops” not complicit in all this? It kind of blows the whole “a few bad apples” narrative out of the water if the “good cops” either fail to control the behavior of the bad cops or cover up for them, doesn’t it?
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 09:25:44 (permalink)
DarDys
^^^^^
“It is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.” — Switzer

Do some social science, urban studies, and economics research and you find that what I stated is consistent with academic studies.

Here is a research hint — the websites don’t end in .com, but either .org (but follow the money to see who is sponsoring the organization) or .edu.

Ah the old “do your own research” escape hatch. A favored technique of internet smartguys who want to act like they won an argument but can’t be bothered with the burden of proof, or evidence to support their claims.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 09:31:40 (permalink)
NO PD wants to be the kind that flaunts the rule of law- Internal affairs -contrary to some- commonly refer Officers for discipline for rules violations.
For example- where I worked- choke holds have been a violation for many years as is rudeness and many other violations including all criminal violations.
Also inept work performance is NOT condoned- a proper and complete non personal investigation is required.
Officers who display tendencies or outright brutality, poor performance or biased tendencies in their work product have always been met with internal actions including arrest of officers and formal actions concerning firing and suspensions as well as retraining- depending on severity.
What happened in Minneapolis is clearly a travesty and resulted in arrest- as it should have.
 NO PD wants this to happen and none should condone it- it is NOT the norm even though some try and make it look that way.
Consider this-- whatever your position, if the worst performing person to hold that position is suddenly considered to be the norm and every person in that position nationwide was compared to that dopy individual would it be a fair comparison ??
There are about a million Officers in the Country- to compare all to the occasional azz hat is clearly incorrect.
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/06/09 09:37:50
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 09:45:56 (permalink)
MyLiar

You are both kind of running face first into the point here. The “good cops” weren’t enough to stop him from killing somebody. That’s a big part of the problem.

Another case in point... the incident in Buffalo where the cops almost killed the 75 year old man... so first the cops tried to lie and say the 75 year old man “tripped and fell”. Then only after video footage surfaced that clearly shows the cops violently knocking him to the ground were two of the cops suspended without pay. THEN, all 57 cops on the Emergency Response team resigned in solidarity and protest.

Unedited video shows the elderly man making personal contact with the police officer. In response the police officer "pushed" the man away. The man then stumbled and fell backwards.

The man was not "shoved" to the ground as you wish to perpetuate.

What would you do MyLiar if a total stranger walked up to you and tried making personal contact? Blow the dude kisses.

Of course that option is merely hypothetical situation as it's neccessary for you to be on the street and not hiding in your basement. amirite??
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/09 09:48:17

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 09:57:19 (permalink)
r3 it's highly likely those, like MyLiar, spewing such hate and discontent toward our Men and Women in Blue are law breakers themselves or hiding something highly illegal, in their closet

Who else would defend the Democrat mayors defunding our first line of defense and exploit a tragic death for their political agenda??

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 10:52:56 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Unedited video shows the elderly man making personal contact with the police officer. In response the police officer "pushed" the man away. The man then stumbled and fell backwards.

The man was not "shoved" to the ground as you wish to perpetuate.

Easy there pappy. You’re not supposed to deep throat the boot.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 10:53:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby JM2 2020/06/09 11:10:44
You will never make them happy or even understand reality- they have an agenda.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 11:27:12 (permalink)
Oh I’m sorry, I’m the unreasonable one because I believe it’s a problem that cops think their job includes assaulting 75 year old men and murdering black people?

Yea, my agenda is “protect people from getting beaten by cops for no reason”. Guilty as charged.
post edited by MyWar - 2020/06/09 11:29:14
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 12:29:02 (permalink)
MyWar
Oh I’m sorry, I’m the unreasonable one because I believe it’s a problem that cops think their job includes assaulting 75 year old men and murdering black people?

Easy there pappy. You’re not supposed to deep throat the boot.

🤣😂😂😅🤣

You sound disgruntled MyLiar.... can't stand it when I call you out proving your information to be propaganda.

I know I shouldn't do that butt.... y'all are just sooooo easy.

Nice and hot today with clear skies. You be sure to stay out of the bright sunlight today.

Say howdy to Uncle"Pervy"Joe if y'all bump into him in the basement. Videos show Uncle Joe especially enjoys easy ones.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/09 12:39:12

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7640
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 13:45:26 (permalink)
MyWar
Trying to make some kind of connection between protests and economic challenges in rust belt cities like Pittsburgh is tenuous at best, and disingenuous at worst. You may want to lookup the term “white flight” and/or do some reading on the actual causes of the collapse of industry in those regions.

Cherry picking things like attendance at Pirate games, tells us nothing. How about the fact that the team owners continue to make money despite the fact that team is terrible (which is likely a much larger factor in poor attendance)?

The “north shore” has also been successfully developed into a substantial entertainment destination which wouldn’t have happened if people were so terrified of the city due to civil unrest. Suburbanites still flock to the Southside and Lawrenceville for the bars and restaurants (past three months being an obvious exception). The city is going to remain a hub for culture and nightlife. In fact in terms of people living, working & spending entertainment dollars in the city itself, it’s probably the most vibrant I’ve seen it in my lifetime.

My son and I went to the South Side over the weekend.  Carson St. was packed.  The bars with outside seating barely had tables available.  One Up said they had more business than they ever had.  Tons of skimpily dressed twenty something girls walking around.  Followed by drooling twenty something guys.  It seemed like a normal summer day in the South Side, but most wearing masks. 

A burned up cop car and some busted windows downtown aren't keeping the surrounding people out of the city.  Just like every city, it's metro area is there for what those cities have to offer and not particularly scared of those cities.  There are parts that you know to stay away from at certain times of the day, others that you know that you should be in a group and others that should just be avoided.  I personally don't think of any of those areas any differently.  Right now I don't want to get caught up in any protests, more out of the inconvenience of streets shutting and jamming things up, rather than any sort of violence.

As noted, the looting and rioting were disgusting.  The vast majority of those acts were not from the protesters, but by instigators and scum that would steal from their own mothers.  Hopefully all of that stuff is done.  Regardless of who is doing it, the acts take away from the message.  
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1180
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 14:59:03 (permalink)
I thought they exterminated the hippies back in the sixties. Guess a few survived. Well next time someone threatens you, robs you, or hits you with their purse just call the Mayor's  office than knead down and pray. Are there bad cops out there? YES. Are there bad truck drivers, paper boys, car salesman?  YES. There is always going to be some bad in everything humans are involved in and it has nothing to do with being Democrat  or Republican.  It started in your house when you was crawling on the floor and in your patents house and there parents house. Movies and newspaper moved from Black and White and it turned out for the best. Life is not fair, get over it! Protest all you want but don't destroy someone else's property  in the progress.  I have a lot of GOOD COP friends and I have a few I wouldn't piz on if the caught fire in front of me.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/09 15:39:22 (permalink)
Walleye jigs
I thought they exterminated the hippies back in the sixties. Guess a few survived. Well next time someone threatens you, robs you, or hits you with their purse just call the Mayor's  office than knead down and pray. Are there bad cops out there? YES. Are there bad truck drivers, paper boys, car salesman?  YES. There is always going to be some bad in everything humans are involved in and it has nothing to do with being Democrat  or Republican.  It started in your house when you was crawling on the floor and in your patents house and there parents house. Movies and newspaper moved from Black and White and it turned out for the best. Life is not fair, get over it! Protest all you want but don't destroy someone else's property  in the progress.  I have a lot of GOOD COP friends and I have a few I wouldn't piz on if the caught fire in front of me.

Not sure if there are any paper boys left...  Good or bad.  Unless, once a paper boy, always a paper boy?  In that case, I am the Pressman, acknowledge me.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/10 09:43:31 (permalink)
Hoo-boy..... POTUS got em fired up this morning.

President Trump questions possible connection of 75 year old activist wit ANTIFA.

anti-America news media and Pelosi Swampcrats going nuts.

In other news, Dr Falsie comes out of his basement after W.H.O back pedals.
Dr Falsie says coronavirus turned ‘out to be my worst nightmare’ and it ‘isn’t over’

From what I see after following Fauci and his flip flopping I would say this Covid-19 thingy "is" his worst nightmare and it ain't over yet.

Could Dr Fauci himself, now realize he has his hand on the flush lever, trying to pull himself out of the toilet?

Stay tuned.... "this" plot thickens.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/10 09:49:47

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/10 11:37:26 (permalink)
Well the Dems and Antifa and BLM have what they wanted,
they won.
In Seattle they have established a zone without Police and the area precinct is boarded up and abandoned.
Now Lib protestors are at City hall demanding the Dem Mayor abdicate.
Not Liberal enough I guess--
If that happens will they now control the whole City ??
Police will only respond to 'the zone' for 911 calls.
good luck with THAT--
STRONG response is in order---before this catches on to those kind of people nation wide.
Guess the business people and John Q in "the zone' are on their own.
Hope they ammoed up and are ready for business and home invasions by emboldened criminals.
Hope this isnt the beginning of the end for Dem controlled Cities and States.
A real eye opener for those on the fence in so far as Dem support goes-
time for a conservative awakening--
This is exactly what they get and deserve for pandering to wackos---
Imagine Nancy and Chucky will try and just poo poo it off.
Too late for that-
the ultimate anti American effort has happened--

post edited by r3g3 - 2020/06/10 11:51:14
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4684
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/10 12:23:56 (permalink)
I believe the movie was “Escape From New York (or was it LA). Snake Plimpton to the rescue.

I don’t understand why the IRS wasn’t waiting outside of the memorial service to cuff Sharpton. Last news reports stated that he STILL owed about $6 million in unpaid federal taxes.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/10 12:55:41 (permalink)
Not to mention what he owes to that Officer in NY that he slandered in the Brawley case years back- the cop won his lawsuit and has never- as I recall- received a dime.

Ahhh it must be good to own NOTHING - not even your monogramed shirts- when it all belongs to 'the church".

But then again in the OBO years he sat in the honored seat directly across from the Clown in far too many important White House meetings.
He was a constant and regular guest there.
Says it all IMHO

Like they fear in the Durham investigation- Dems NEVER get convicted and jailed.
Why do ya think those libs in Seattle are getting away with it.

Cant wait to see what happens when they get hungry of run outa drugs and money--

Imagine if a bunch of right wingers had done in Seattle what these Dems just did.
Get pounded in a heartbeat---
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/06/10 13:06:28
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/10 14:17:52 (permalink)
Walleye jigs
Are there bad cops out there? YES. Are there bad truck drivers, paper boys, car salesman?  YES.

Imagine if we talked this way about, say, airline pilots.

Like, imagine Delta airlines saying something like “We’re sorry about that pilot who was drunk and high on cocaine when he crashed that plane, but he was just a bad apple.”

Or imagine a doctor saying “there’s good and bad in everything. Sometimes my patients die, sometimes they don’t. Life isn’t fair, get over it!”

I mean call me crazy, but I think it’s reasonable to suggest that we should hold cops to a higher standard of conduct than paperboys and car salesman.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/10 15:17:18 (permalink)
bigfoot
Porktown
3rd Amendment.

Had to look it up. It places restrictions on the quartering of solders in PRIVATE homes without the owners consent , forbidding the practice in peacetime. Key word here being "private." Last I heard, motels and hotels ain't private.

Did you seriously edit the Constitution?  Then base an entire argument off of the part that you added???  

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/third_amendment

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/10 16:15:55 (permalink)
Ahh if ya took the time to look its happened a number of times with pilots.
annnnd how bout the Dr who just got arrested for taking cash for drug script over the past few years- also hitting up insurance for the visits too.
Also every now and then somebody pops up who was in business and wasn't even a real doctor----
NO PLACE IS PERFECT
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/06/10 16:17:34
thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 871
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/10 16:58:08 (permalink)
They have no food no water call the police! No call the power company and shut them blocks power off "cuz it isn't America anymore" gonna be dumb better be tough

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 19
Jump to: