Helpful ReplyHot!protest opinions

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 19
Author
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4684
  • Reward points: 0
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 10:11:00 (permalink)
I have no issue with peaceful protests.

Well, maybe one issue.

Okay, more of a question than an issue.

Since most cities have an abridged version of “peaceable assembly” by requiring that there be filing of permits; hearings on permits (some have entire taxpayer funded departments for the issuance or denial of permits); the issuance (with stipulations in date, time, duration, location, number of participants, etc.) or denial ( based on what?) of permits; and often charges for the use of public personnel (police, firefighters, emt, garbage, many of which have a specific number designated and mostly on overtime pay), since most of not all of the most recent and continuing protests have not complied with and of the locally established rules, regulations, or laws do the organizers of these protests face criminal charges for the violation thereof (and the associated costs) or going forward does any, and in the US that means any, group get to skip the permitting process and all of the associated items because it can only be one or the other, not both, in order to be fair and equal?

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11978
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 12:06:11 (permalink)
DarDy the law(s) you speak of, is only intended for the law abiding citizens.

I don't believe I heard any governor claiming protest as essential therefore making general public assembly legal during the Covid-19 lockdown.

Hell, the general public hasn't been permitted to "worship together" and now, the Dem. governors are trying their best to prevent the public from voting together.

Anti-America journalist bash & trash religious leaders protesting the loss of religious freedom.

However, these same anti-America journalist support and praise the violent destructive protest (hiding under the guise of peaceful demonstration) now occuring in America's streets.

Here's the good thing, the true people of America, are seeing the true colors of Pelosi's Swampcrat Party.

Who ya gonna vote for???

amirite?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/07 12:09:31

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 12:28:55 (permalink)
Here's an example of Schadenfreude. I can keep going but hopefully you get the point.

MyWar
Here's a photo of a homeless guy the LAPD shot in the face:

Here's video of a "counter protester" instigating a confrontation with peaceful protesters: "Get away from me you big... GUY"

Here's a link to video and a story from Buffalo NY about cops violently shoving a 70 year old man to the ground who gets knocked unconscious and THEN BLEEDS OUT OF HIS EAR WHILE THE COPS PREVENT OTHER PEOPLE FROM HELPING HIM.

Here's some nutcase in Texas chasing peaceful protesters WITH A CHAINSAW

Here's an account of the June 2nd protests in Dallas where cops forced peaceful protesters onto a bridge and then without warning hit them with tear gas (seriously, watch the video and listen to the people screaming, its revolting).

Here's a 20+ minute video of over 40 incidents of cops brutalizing people who are not rioting, throwing firebombs, breaking windows, looting, or breaking any law whatsoever.

I can keep going but hopefully you get the point.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/07 12:32:48

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 12:55:09 (permalink)
MyWar
Oh here's a great one... Lying dirtbag Bill Peduto has to walk back his support of the cops for firing on peaceful protesters in East Liberty because he naively believed the cops when they claimed that protesters instigated confrontation, however dozens of firsthand accounts (including people I know personally) indicate that it was in fact THE COPS who escalated conflict with peaceful protesters. Now he is calling for an independent investigation.

Peduto must have forgot that everybody has the ability to record video of EVERYTHING now, so cops and bootlickers like Peduto can't lie about this stuff anymore.

MyLiar, the numerous times you've been called out.... does that make you a lying dirtbag?

Speaking of, how about the bogus intenet links you've "naively" posted, when dozens of first hand accounts indicate otherwise?

Whyyyy you must of forgotten everyone has the ability to record video so anti-America journalist and bootlickers like yourself can't lie anymore.

JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 112
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 15:56:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CAPTAIN HOOK 2020/06/14 10:45:05
MyWar

Here's a 20+ minute video of over 40 incidents of cops brutalizing people who are not rioting, throwing firebombs, breaking windows, looting, or breaking any law whatsoever.

I can keep going but hopefully you get the point.

Very disturbing video.  Sadly, these incidents caught on video are most likely a very small percentage of the inappropriate / abusive police actions happening every day.  Thanks for posting this.

The first couple days of protests were about George Floyd.  They are now about Trump and what he represents.  Gen. Mattis summed it up nicely:
 "Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership".
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 17:49:33 (permalink)
Police brutality being comitted in states under rule of Democrat Governors and Mayors..... including Philadelphia & Pittsburgh PA... 🤔

Only after the brutality comes to light, the Democrat Mayors call upon their police forces to stand down?

Police brutality has been occuring with Democrat Mayors in office so why now the concern?

That's Trumps fault?

As for Mattis and the other military leaders I should like to quote the following......

By ANDY KROLL

https://www.rollingstone....tution-police-1010164/

Now is the time to elevate voices who will help us find meaning in this moment of upheaval and protest, help us situate this moment in history, and help us think through what it portends for the future. What the generals have come forward to say this week is better than nothing, but without a reckoning of their own failures, they remain as much part of the problem as the solution.

Interesting, military leaders who couldn't or wouldn't win a war, bad mouthing their Commander In Chief, because he (the POTUS) called them out.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/07 18:00:40

pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 20:42:42 (permalink)
I highly recommend the documentary... The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till.

Its on Amazon Prime.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2208
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 20:55:56 (permalink)
Welll -the protests are getting results from dem Mayors in big cities.
LA and NYC are talking about millions out of Police budgets
but wait- it gets better--
Minneapolus  (sp) is talking about ABOLISHING its PD.

Good luck wit dat--

Now lemme ask- if you were a Cop in those places how would feel, and how would act, when put on the riots front lines or confronting a dangerous felon in the near future---
Think an exodus is coming---
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/06/07 20:59:38
MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 712
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 22:08:17 (permalink)
Romney said to a reporter, “We need a voice against racism, we need many voices against racism and against brutality. And we need to stand up and say black lives matter.“

Just when you thought 2020 couldnt get more bizarre.
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 709
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 22:36:31 (permalink)
Romney's probably positioning himself to run for POTUS on the Democrat ticket as soon as Biden cashes out!

It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/07 23:22:51 (permalink)
Or maybe he, you know, ACTUALLY CARES about cops killing black people because he has a black grandson.
JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 782
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 00:11:09 (permalink)
Ya, that's it. Ha ha ha ha ha.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 06:52:39 (permalink)
MyWar
Romney said to a reporter, “We need a voice against racism, we need many voices against racism and against brutality. And we need to stand up and say black lives matter.“

Just when you thought 2020 couldnt get more bizarre.

Pelosi and her Swampcrat Party have been making promises to the African American's for decades. So how's those promises been going folks?

Obama made promises to the African American's. So how are those improvements working out folks?

When it comes to police abuse, look where the problems have been occuring and look who is responsible for the the police causing the trouble.

Minneapolis City Council is doing away with their police department. Guess who is running that city and guess who is responsible for the police department? Sooooo how did the Minniapolis police department get sooooo far out of control?

NYC police department is said to be soooo abusive butt, guess who is responsible for the NYC police department annnnnd how did the NYC police department get sooo out of control?

Pittsburgh, police being accused of brutality, annnnnd again I ask, who has control over the police department and how could the police become soooo out of hand??

Interesting, folks has been clammering about police abusing their powers for decades and for decades, the mayors and governors been promising to make changes. Decades later, same ole same ole.

Yes Sirreee, Pelosi and her Swampcrat Party cares about you folks.

Go ahead folks, demand your local and state governments "defund police". Then who ya gonna call?

How sad, the Pelosi Swampcrats and their anti-America journalist, politicizing the tragic death of George Floyd.

Nov. is fast approaching.... time to clean the house and replace the decades old, do nothing, Pelosi Swampcrats.

All y'all want change... start with the Pelosi Swampcrats, clean your house.

In other news, let NYC be an example. As Mayor de Blasio (D)(responsible for police protection) caters to a few thousand (peaceful protestors) thousands of (peaceful) citizens are calling for de Blasio's resignation.

SAY, the phrase...!!! "ALL LIVES MATTER". amirite???

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 07:19:07 (permalink)
Pensfan, I should like to join you in remembering the names you listed.

Perhaps you'll do the same and join me in remembering the names I've listed who have died because of abusive law enforcement.

pensfan1
Say his name!! George Floyd
Say his name!! Michael Brown
Say her name!! Tamera Rice
Say her name!! Breonna Taylor
Say his name!! Eric Garner
Say his name!! Philando Castile
Say his name!! Antwon Rose
#Icantbreathe #enough
And the list goes on and on and on. But why should we be surprised? If its all white its alright, no???

Say her name!!! Shayley Estes

Say her name!!! Sarah Root

Say her name!!! Tessa Tranchant

Say his name!!! Ronald da Silva

Say her name!!! Kate Steinle

annnnnd the list goes on annnnd on..... butt why should we be suprised.

ALL LIVES MATTER... amirite?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/08 07:20:15

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3426
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 07:30:05 (permalink)
How about Justine Ruszczyk?  Where were the riots?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 07:52:12 (permalink)
eyesandgillz

It's alright she was white.... no?

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 09:29:36 (permalink)
eyesandgillz

Yes indeed, what about her? The cop that killed her got 12 1/2 years. Funny how the mechanisms of police accountability and justice work just fine when it’s a white woman that’s get killed by a brown guy with a middle eastern sounding name.

It took a week of nationwide protests before the cops that killed George Floyd were even charged. And they still could get off.

What exactly was your point?
post edited by MyWar - 2020/06/08 09:36:06
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 09:57:32 (permalink)
Did any of you goggle Emmett Till?

I'll wait.......

Crackers gonna be Crackers no matter what year it is.... jus say'IN.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2020/06/08 10:05:22
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 10:10:29 (permalink)
Can't wait until Chauvin has to appear in court today. Maybe someone will throw him to the ground and 3 or 4 people will kneel on him until he is unable to breathe. Hopefully they get it all on video also. Don't all you Bible thumpers believe in the "Good Book"???? An 👁 for an 👁, no??
post edited by pensfan1 - 2020/06/08 10:12:59
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 10:25:32 (permalink)
Would serve him right after all that his disgusting actions have created.
He has set our society back decades.
From what I read he continued even after one of the other Officers told him he oughta stop.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 10:53:31 (permalink)
I think the point is, he didn't create anything. He is a cause to an effect thats is deacdes upon decades old.

Did anyone know that organized LE started as groups to "police" runaway slaves? Black and brown have been hunted in this country for centuries. This is the cause I'm speaking of.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 11:33:46 (permalink)
When the economy as a whole goes bad (and not this temporary virus induced and government endorsed drop that will quickly — 1 to 2 years — rebound), many, myself included, resort to making decisions based on a concept described as “an economy of one,” in other words, look out for me and mine and pretty much abandon the by-product or consequences to others.

These protests will result in similar actions by me, and probably others, perhaps many others. I’m not much of a city person (not off the grid rural either). I’ll travel to cities for work if required; I’ll plan a day or two in an interesting city during a vacation trip (which is never to a city); or I’ll go to a city for an event — Pittsburgh mainly (but others), like a sporting event, concert, Christmas downtown, etc. But no more. I don’t need the complications in my life of possibly getting caught up in anything in the streets.

When I travel again (and I’m sure I will), it will be through the airports that are associated with cities in name only and are far outside the city limits and can reached by going around and nowhere near the city itself.

We used to go to Baltimore’s Inner Harbor 2-4 times per year. Never again after innocent people dining in restaurants got attacked by protesters during the Freddie Gray riots for no other reason than they were there.
I don’t need that in my life, so it is very easy to add all cities to that list.

And the tourism in the Inner Harbor has never returned to levels seen before the riots. It used to be circle the area for an hour until a parking spot opened up so you could get shoehorned into a lot. All restaurants had a line, sometimes long ones. I never could get into the aquarium because it was at capacity. No more.

Detroit suffered some of the same fate from the 1965 riots. Certain portions of the city became what is known as “food deserts” because the restaurants, grocery stores, delis, etc. that were destroyed in the protests never returned because they either couldn’t or wouldn’t risk it again. Property values in those areas dropped like a stone prompting people to not move in, to move out, and not to invest in those areas for fear of it happening again. Most of this areas never recovered.

A large number of cities, outside of NYC, LA, Chicago, and a handful of others need more than just city residents to keep the economic engine going, particularly in the service industries. While some folks will return, many others will choose not to bother (if the Pirates had scant attendance before, they ain’t seen nothing yet, even after the social distancing thing goes away). I know I will not.

What happens to those businesses then?

What happens to local taxes then?

What the protests and the virus lockdown has shown me is there are places I no longer need to go and things I no longer need to do.

And I’m okay with that.

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 11:44:59 (permalink)
So here are a couple earnest questions for the folks that are willing to at least admit that Chauvin’s conduct was improper:

How does this make you look at all of the other previous cases of alleged police misconduct?

And I’m not just talking about cases where cops killed black people either, somebody brought up Justine Damond... It’s no coincidence that incident also happened in Minneapolis. and if you read up on that case, even though the officer was convicted, it exposed some serious underlying fundamental problems with the training of law enforcement in that city. Obviously, these underlying problems were never fixed because Minneapolis cops are still killing people.

So what are the solutions here? Not just in this case but in all cases?

Would you agree that this appears to be a systemic issue that will not simply be solved by holding Chauvin accountable?

If the system that *creates* bad cops like Chauvin is not changed, isn’t it just going to produce more bad cops and we are just going to continue to see the same things happen again and again?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 11:48:17 (permalink)
pensfan1
Did any of you goggle Emmett Till?

I'll wait.......

Crackers gonna be Crackers no matter what year it is.... jus say'IN.

Just as expected..

"Crackers" & "Bible Thumpers"....

Racism at it's finest but not suprising hearing such racist remarks coming from a coward who trys intimidating and threatening "old people".

So, you won't join me in paying respect to those who have been murdered by those you support entering the US illegally? amirite?

Did you Google.....

http://www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

As for Chauvin, I sure hope he gets a better trial hearing then did José Inez García Zárate. jus'sayin'.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/08 12:06:03

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 12:01:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Fisherlady2 2020/06/08 12:57:37
MyWar
So here are a couple earnest questions for the folks that are willing to at least admit that Chauvin’s conduct was improper:

How does this make you look at all of the other previous cases of alleged police misconduct?

And I’m not just talking about cases where cops killed black people either, somebody brought up Justine Damond... It’s no coincidence that incident also happened in Minneapolis. and if you read up on that case, even though the officer was convicted, it exposed some serious underlying fundamental problems with the training of law enforcement in that city. Obviously, these underlying problems were never fixed because Minneapolis cops are still killing people.

So what are the solutions here? Not just in this case but in all cases?

Would you agree that this appears to be a systemic issue that will not simply be solved by holding Chauvin accountable?

If the system that *creates* bad cops like Chauvin is not changed, isn’t it just going to produce more bad cops and we are just going to continue to see the same things happen again and again?

How does it look, the police you complain about and accuse, serve under democrat mayors and governors and yet, nothing gets done??

How does it look, the looting and burning occurs, "only" when a person of color is involved?

How does it look when stats show, more white people are killed by cops than people of color.

How does it look, when cities like Chicago have a high rate of black on black murders yet there's no marching in the streets??

How "does" it look MyLiar??

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 12:08:34 (permalink)
Cases of police misconduct are commonplace- the beginning of most complaints is " I was just doing this or that and they came".
All too frequently they happen when there a 'friendly' atmosphere wherein those complaints are heard and are made in an effort to influence the arrest or infraction received for the "I was just' things they were doing.
Back in the civilian review board days- to the point of being ridiculous.
Those boards , unfortunately , are made up for political correctness rather that folks actually looking into the issues at hand. where the boards looking into a case  factually and accurately were negated.
Ended up -after time- where neither 'side' liked them and they gradually went away in most all communities.
Now the wheel turns an they are again coming in vogue as the end allfor issues between the Police and community.
Kinda like doing the same thing again expecting different results.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 12:20:23 (permalink)
DarDy I think Baltimore and Pittsburgh both would be great examples as an answer, to your thoughts.

Had Pittsburgh paid attention to cities like Baltimore, Pittsburgh might (maybe still can) have remained a thriving city. After the initial downfall and loss of jobs to China, folks in the "burgh" brought their city back to a thriving town. Now look what's happening.

Baltimore too, boosting a beautiful harbor and remake of the city. Now look what's happening.

In both cases, look who is running the government.

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 13:20:08 (permalink)
Ya BT, its all the Dems fault, of course sorry I forgot.

Carry on as you were with your silly 🐴💩. Btw... if the Saltine shoe fits you might as well wear proudly.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 13:22:33 (permalink)
It might no effect the Steelers or maybe even the Pens, but it will have a very detrimental effect on the Pirates, Pitt, the Cultural District, the Christmas celebration, the retail of the Strip District, etc.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/08 13:41:55 (permalink)
pensfan1
Ya BT, its all the Dems fault, of course sorry I forgot.

Carry on as you were with your silly 🐴💩. Btw... if the Saltine shoe fits you might as well wear proudly.

ewwwww aren't we testy..... at least I can afford shoes.

Strange, how you people allow yourselfs to be 🐴💩 by your democrat leaders year after year after year.

You people voted them in, allowing them to make your bed. Enjoy sleeping in your 🐴💩 bed.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/08 13:57:16

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 19
Jump to: