Helpful ReplyHot!Joe Biden

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 39 of 41
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8129
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/11 12:50:53 (permalink)
For interest rates, they have to go up at some point unfortunately.  They have been extremely low for a long time.  Honestly not sure how banks have not pressured to have them raised.  It is hard to raise them while we are in or recovering from a recession (pandemic caused, but still recession).  I too am not an expert or economist.  I would tend to think they are keeping a clock on inflation and looking at all items costs, not the overall numbers which as noted are being moved by a few items.  I know pork bellies and orange juice are two that are often talk about for some odd reason.  I'm sure it isn't odd to economists.  If those key items and others start to spike and it lasts longer than whatever they feel is the panic mode, then I'd expect interest rates to go up to squash long term inflation.  

I don't think it is a housing bubble at least yet, not nearly what it was in 2007-2008.  Many of those markets had homes go up 100%-200%+ in a few years.  Going up 30% in a year is groundworks for that type of bubble.  I don't know what the % is for two years, which would be much more accurate (pre-pandemic).  Lenders are no longer able to put nearly the type of loans out to people  They don't have the Feds backing them on high risk loans, so they are a bit more selective on what they will let people barrow.  I personally think the housing market will level out and many of those that bought properties will watch their appraisals go down or stagnant prices for years (at least in some markets).  Most should be able to afford the overpayment.  I don't think there is any way the vehicle market stays at the overpriced level.  That is 100% due to the pandemic shuttering suppliers and vehicle sales/production at a minimum last year.  It will have some long term effect.  There are X number of cars produced per year that stays pretty similar every year.  10 years of X = 10X.  One year is 50% of X.  So for the next few years, there is 9.5X of used cars available in the market that there is usually 10X.  It will make new car sales more attractive, which will eventually have it back to that 10X figure and have the used car market back to where it was.  I tend to think many things will be a few year recovery.  

Putting politics into it, I agree that many of Biden's agenda items would be horrible for recovery and inflation.  I have noticed that many of the campaign ideas are on the back burner and likely just political cheer for the far left nut jobs.  I have never been a fan of over half of his fiscal agenda, so hope most of that half is on the permanent backburner.  Some of it, I like the talking points much more than the proposed legislation too.  That seems to be much of the Dem ideas for me.  The talking points of "the uber rich shouldn't be getting tax breaks to go along with being paid 300 times that of their average employee", sure.  The agenda items that they put out often have nothing to do with it and usually pretty easy loopholes for those uber rich to get around, while the rest of us pick up the tab for programs that most of us don't care about or want.

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2727
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/11 13:30:50 (permalink)
I know some folks buying houses and one who just sold- In each case the asking price is just a jumping off  place- In all cases the offers climb well over that initial price.
The one who sold was astonished at the real selling price which was around 20% over asking price and she had other similar offers not just one eager buyer.
Realtors are telling folks if they arent over initial selling number not to bother because offers are coming fast and high -
One couple has been in on a couple of offers where they went about 15 thousand over asking price and lost both times to higher offers.

Might not be a bubble - but darned close.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/06/11 15:31:50
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/11 13:40:41 (permalink)
Powell has said before he doesnt mind some "temporary" inflation about the normal 2% they target for...question is how long they let inflation go before we get rate changes or more QE
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/01 14:39:10 (permalink)
GOOD WORK JOE===
Oil went over $75 a barrel today.
Cant wait for gas lines and price hikes
hendey lathe
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 809
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/01 17:36:37 (permalink)
NEWS FLASH!!!!!!
Joe Biden to make the moon the 53rd state. More at 11
JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 980
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/01 17:46:52 (permalink)
r3g3
GOOD WORK JOE===
Oil went over $75 a barrel today.
Cant wait for gas lines and price hikes

It's not Joe's fault. It's Trump's fault for supporting policies that kept oil prices too low.
post edited by JM2 - 2021/07/01 17:48:00
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/01 17:50:41 (permalink)
HAHAHAHAH-AAAA- HAHAHAHA
Yep its Trumps fault

Neighbor had a flat tire yesterday- know who he blames??
TRUMP
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

HEY- some people will actually believe that---
Kinda like its the Republicans who wanted to defund the Police.

post edited by r3g3 - 2021/07/01 17:57:29
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/01 18:03:51 (permalink)
It much easier to blame the Trump administration than it is to defend the Biden administration.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1037
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/02 08:15:42 (permalink)
How's Obiden and comrade Kamoola doing so far?? Our border is finally safe and secure,china and russia along with iran have been put in their place,fuel prices have finally become affordable were finally no longer energy independent,Food prices are finally cheap for american families thanks to inflation.American cities are now the safest they have been in years crime finally under control at last and lets not forget our elections are safe and secure as we have just seen in the New York mayors race.Leave anything out!!!!  LOL
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/03 09:53:00 (permalink)
I remember Carters Cuban boat people came into America- Cuba emptied its prisons and we let the worst of the worst enter long with families who were just trying to escape- we let them all in and paid the consequences for years.
Even in the small Northeastern City I worked in felt the effects of the hardened criminals they allowed to stay.

Now I cant help but compare Bidens border invasion and forsee coming events.
He will be remembered as a failed commander like Carter.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/04 19:29:44 (permalink)
( didnt know were else to put this)

Down in DC the Washington baseball team played  and advertised a fireworks display in the evening.
Fireworks cancelled because of the ' local noise ordinance,
Never had fireworks at the ball stadium before ???
A new noise ordinance ???

Betcha its the cancel culture hate America Libs striking again.
And those  @@s @@@@s want to be a state.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 336
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/05 00:53:29 (permalink)
Dude, it's like you're just looking for things to be outraged about. 

I'm happy they cancelled the fireworks. They're awful and scare my dog.

I hope Biden outlaws fireworks, and goes door to door taking them from people. "CoME AnD TaKe Em!1!"
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1092
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/05 09:34:23 (permalink)
Me and my girlfriend did a long GAP ride yesterday. We left the trail around 9pm and during the drive home, saw a constant stream of fireworks displays from every municipality from McKeesport to pittsburgh. We got back into town just in time to see some of the pgh grand finale as we were driving across the fort Duquesne bridge. For another hour after the city fireworks were over, somebody in Deutschtown set off what must have been a couple thousand dollars worth of fireworks from their backyard.

I’m pretty sure this same scene played out in hundreds of American cities yesterday.

So it looks like antifa and the libtards are gonna have to cancel harder.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1037
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/05 11:08:07 (permalink)
There were other types of fireworks in many American cities also.The 9mm and 45 cal type,and that sad scene plays out every nite in american cities.
JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 169
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/05 19:04:12 (permalink)
DeadGator401

Fox news needed to make things up to make it sound worse.  They state the Nationals cancelled fireworks on Sunday, July 4th when actually the fireworks were cancelled Saturday, the 3rd.  Also convenient that Fox didn't mention the game had a 1hr and 45min rain delay and didn't end until almost 11:30.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nationals-cancel-freedom-fireworks-fourth-of-july-citys-noise-curfew

post edited by JerryS - 2021/07/05 20:44:06
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/06 09:05:24 (permalink)
Since fireworks are legal in PA now, seems like every other house in my neighborhood has them.  We used to sit in our back yard and watch the downtown fireworks to the North, something to the East, West and South.  Maybe hear some bottle rockets or other smaller ones set off.  Now, the professional style fireworks are absolutely everywhere.  It is kind of crazy that you couldn't legally have bottle rockets a few years ago, now you can set off professional mortars that could definitely do some damage.  I enjoy watching the big ones and setting off the smaller stuff.  I could live without the mortars and other stuff, especially set off by guys that have been drinking all day and absolutely no safety training.  I am rather shocked that we don't hear of more people getting seriously injured or damaging more property that I have personally heard lately.    

My dog is not a fan of the 4th and I am not a fan of the neighbors that set them off after 11PM either.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2172
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/06 10:57:55 (permalink)
Porktown.
My dog is not a fan of the 4th and I am not a fan of the neighbors that set them off after 11PM either.

One of our dogs is a Yorkshire terrier mix. She doesn't do well with any loud noise. When there is a storm with thunder she shakes like a leaf and hides under the couch. If I am walking her and a storm is approaching, she jerks on the leash and wants to head back home. I don't know how she knows it, perhaps a change in the atmospheric pressure, Also there is a shooting range on private property about 3/4 mile from my house. Gunshots travel and that bothers her also. My neighbor across the street sets of fireworks. They are professional grade and go on for an hour or so. This year he set them off on the night of the 3rd. I am not a fan and both my dogs hate it. Other than that they are good people and I don't want to have ill feelings between us. Also, a few miles away at various times of the year someone sets off professional grade fireworks that go on for a couple hours. Can faintly hear them at times but can see them. Never could figure out exactly where they are being set off at. Must cost a lot of $ to do it.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr. 
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4712
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/06 11:01:03 (permalink)
At 9 PM on the 4th all of our dogs get a pill pocket with a Benadryl. Chills them right out.

Had ones before that didn’t work. Had to use Dramamine.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2172
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/06 15:40:30 (permalink)
First I ever heard of doing that.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/06 15:46:43 (permalink)
My neighbor was talking about it this weekend.  You need to make sure it doesn't have a certain type of sweetener in it that is really bad for dogs.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/06 21:57:29 (permalink)
JerryS
DeadGator401

Fox news needed to make things up to make it sound worse.  They state the Nationals cancelled fireworks on Sunday, July 4th when actually the fireworks were cancelled Saturday, the 3rd.  Also convenient that Fox didn't mention the game had a 1hr and 45min rain delay and didn't end until almost 11:30.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nationals-cancel-freedom-fireworks-fourth-of-july-citys-noise-curfew

Anything to fan the flames of outrage. Gotta keep the fires stoked. 

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/06 22:26:25 (permalink)
DarDys
At 9 PM on the 4th all of our dogs get a pill pocket with a Benadryl. Chills them right out.

Had ones before that didn’t work. Had to use Dramamine.

I've heard of this before. Benedryl has no effect on my pup, even for allergies oddly enough. 

My pup was lost for a few weeks, years ago, and during the time there were some terrible thunderstorms. I ended up finding her and any time after that, literally any loud noise with bass in it - think like thunder, fireworks, lightning strikes, jake brakes, foghorns etc - all send her into an anxious mess. Must remind her of her little walkabout. 

I've heard of the thunder vests, and CBD stuff can help but normally I just go into my basement with her, turn on a movie and hang out. 
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/07 17:23:52 (permalink)
DeadGator401
JerryS
DeadGator401

What difference does it even make whether it was canceled on the 3rd instead of the 4th. It was still canceled because of the noise ordinance. As far as the rain delay. Why does this even matter when the fireworks were already canceled the day before.

You guys are very strange in you reasoning, and logic. I always thought you guys just believed whatever stupid stuff that was fed to you by the media. Now it's apparent that you are totally capable of making up stupid stuff on your own.

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/08 00:21:14 (permalink)
JM2
DeadGator401
JerryS
DeadGator401

What difference does it even make whether it was canceled on the 3rd instead of the 4th. It was still canceled because of the noise ordinance. As far as the rain delay. Why does this even matter when the fireworks were already canceled the day before.

You guys are very strange in you reasoning, and logic. I always thought you guys just believed whatever stupid stuff that was fed to you by the media. Now it's apparent that you are totally capable of making up stupid stuff on your own.

When R3 made his post here, I googled it, as I read r3's comment was curious. Fox news and breitbart were top results.

Again, Fox news reported the story - a Team called the Nationals, who play in the nations capitol, had fireworks cancelled on July 4. 

This is at best, dishonest reporting. As per a National beat reporter (who felt the need to clarify and explain) "the Nationals always schedule the July 3 game at 6:05 p.m. to make sure they don't run into the fireworks curfew. But once FOX took this game, the start time was bumped to 7:15. That, plus a 1:44 rain delay, killed it."

This indicates that the ordinance already existed, was known and the nats made efforts to get around it. (Albeit, they coulda let their fans know a bit earlier that night)

So again, anything to fan the flames of outrage. Shake your fist at the sky! How dare the Libs ruin the Freedom Fireworks!
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/08 07:53:07 (permalink)
Gotta wonder how many noise violations they made over the holidays down there========
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/08 11:31:05 (permalink)
DeadGator401
JM2
DeadGator401
JerryS
DeadGator401

When R3 made his post here, I googled it, as I read r3's comment was curious. Fox news and breitbart were top results.

Again, Fox news reported the story - a Team called the Nationals, who play in the nations capitol, had fireworks cancelled on July 4. 

This is at best, dishonest reporting. As per a National beat reporter (who felt the need to clarify and explain) "the Nationals always schedule the July 3 game at 6:05 p.m. to make sure they don't run into the fireworks curfew. But once FOX took this game, the start time was bumped to 7:15. That, plus a 1:44 rain delay, killed it."

This indicates that the ordinance already existed, was known and the nats made efforts to get around it. (Albeit, they coulda let their fans know a bit earlier that night)

So again, anything to fan the flames of outrage. Shake your fist at the sky! How dare the Libs ruin the Freedom Fireworks!

The Fox news link provided show the Tweet that the Washington Baseball Team posted on the 3rd. The Fox article is reporting on this tweet exactly as posted by the Nationals, in the article about the game in general. If anyone is fanning flames, it appears to be the Washington Baseball Team.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/08 13:06:40 (permalink)
Put the shovel away.  You are about to hit China.
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/08 13:45:05 (permalink)
How so? There is a video clip within that Fox link that I did not watch because I don't what to waste data on it. Is there something in the clip that is fanning flames? In the article I see nothing other than the headline being a little much, but is actually true.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/08 13:48:50 (permalink)
You tried to call the guys on this board out for something that you were clearly wrong about.  But yeah, keep shoveling horsechit on it and maybe it becomes true?  Seems to be what politicians do.  
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/07/08 14:01:06 (permalink)
You're criticizing, but not providing evidence on how I am wrong. This topic isn't of great interest to me to spend much time on. I'm just going by the article provided by others, and the claims being made by others. Simple as that....... at least for some.
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 39 of 41
Jump to: