Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..86878889 > Showing page 87 of 89
Author
ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 978
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/23 11:28:01 (permalink)
I was reading this morning about many big cities are opening up indoor dining now.Their concerned about the businesses all of a sudden. Chicago,DC, ect amazing huh? It didn't take too long like 3 or 4 days for things to change and Biden's now saying there's nothing we can do to change the trajectory he sure didn't say that just a few days ago.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2509
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/23 11:59:27 (permalink)
Yea and when Trump said it for all the same reasons he was trying to kill people--
As soon as Joe came in -OK were on board its the right thing to do.

Yep and when  Trump couldnt stop the virus he was incompetent ---Joe had the answers though
Welll. he had them for a coupla days----

Political hack hypocrits
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/01/23 13:06:22
drawde
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/23 12:31:52 (permalink)
The way covid-19 deaths are treated means nearly every death of all humans was caused by the common cold.  I bet that less than 1/1000 of one percent of all mankind ever born never had a cold.  Look at total US deaths per year from say 2018 to 2020.  People die every year but economies are only destroyed by politicians actions.
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/24 09:36:59 (permalink)
LDD
My wife received her second dose yesterday.   She said that the highest immunity levels occur a week after the second dose.  I said, "What do you mean?"  And she said that the 95% effective immunity rate is based on that time period.  And I said, "What does that mean, isn't it effective all the time once you get both doses?"  And she said, they don't know.  To which I quietly stated, "WTF?"

Maybe this is a known thing  and maybe my wife's statements were wrong but I was a bit let down.  

https://www.technologyrev...ikely-lasts-for-years/

some caveats and exceptions that so fare seem to be rare, but overall encouraging news.
post edited by snagr - 2021/01/24 09:38:03
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2824
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/25 10:43:04 (permalink)
snagr
LDD
My wife received her second dose yesterday.   She said that the highest immunity levels occur a week after the second dose.  I said, "What do you mean?"  And she said that the 95% effective immunity rate is based on that time period.  And I said, "What does that mean, isn't it effective all the time once you get both doses?"  And she said, they don't know.  To which I quietly stated, "WTF?"

Maybe this is a known thing  and maybe my wife's statements were wrong but I was a bit let down.  

https://www.technologyrev...ikely-lasts-for-years/

some caveats and exceptions that so fare seem to be rare, but overall encouraging news.

Very encouraging...thanks
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7798
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/25 13:02:11 (permalink)
ICE NUT
I was reading this morning about many big cities are opening up indoor dining now.Their concerned about the businesses all of a sudden. Chicago,DC, ect amazing huh? It didn't take too long like 3 or 4 days for things to change and Biden's now saying there's nothing we can do to change the trajectory he sure didn't say that just a few days ago.

Most were open all through the summer and most of the fall. Many, like the cities in PA closed just prior to Thanksgiving and through Christmas. That is the time of year that most people are unable to eat outside and the holidays have groups of families together. It is also the time of year that most airborne infections typically spread. According to any data you will find, there was a spike during that time.

I’m not sure if you will find any public health official tell you with a straight face, that those numbers likely would have been much worse, if they didn’t shut things down during that time. Whether or not you agree with the strategy. Personally, I would have liked to see a different strategy of a much more concerted effort to have those in the higher risk categories protected (yes, told that they should not be in open restaurants/bars and possibly carded/other and not permitted), while others in lower risk categories could have kept things open.

Things are reopening now that it appears that we are on the downward side of the spike. But if you would rather live in conspiracy zone, make sure to foil up this evening. 5G tower blast at 6:45PM. You can tell by the contrails and bird migrations.
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/27 20:53:19 (permalink)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/27/philly-fighting-covid-vaccine/

“One volunteer alleged that the 22-year-old CEO had pocketed vaccine doses. Another described a ‘free-for-all’ where unsupervised 18- and 19-year-olds vaccinated one another and posed for photos.”
post edited by snagr - 2021/01/28 12:13:17
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3494
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/29 13:53:31 (permalink)
https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-announces-single-shot-janssen-covid-19-vaccine-candidate-met-primary-endpoints-in-interim-analysis-of-its-phase-3-ensemble-trial

Well, not near as effective as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines but still better than a typical yearly flu vaccine....I'd be more inclined to take this one if I do decide to get a vaccine....not that I would be due up in line any time soon..
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/29 14:11:18 (permalink)
Do you know if the other vaccines included as many participants over 60 with the comorbidities?  If comparing apples to apples, then this seems to be as effective as a single dose of the others.

85% protection against severe and 100% against death are the numbers that I personally would use in my decision making to take.  28% chance of catching it and it only being 15% chance to put many much more at risk than myself in the hospital...  Feel free to jab my arm with this!
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2104
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/30 13:49:00 (permalink)
Just wondering if anyone has accurate data as where the majority of the doses of the vaccine are going? 

"Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, 'It will be happier.'
Alfred Lord Tennyson

snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/30 14:03:21 (permalink)
bigfoot
Just wondering if anyone has accurate data as where the majority of the doses of the vaccine are going? 

bigfoot, this is the best source i've seen.  it's a guy i follow on twitter who compiles it into a spreadsheet from the data reported by each state.  not all states report.  as you can see, he focuses on how much of a state's portion of vax is going to those over 65 or over 70 as each state reports it.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xAQOZO7oyu6TPtE6SufKAuSDaF_EFzp7WeL9GPx0Zi8/edit#gid=1208140528

sounds like there are some big slow downs in p.a.  butler hospital announced this week that they are out of vax for now.  think the butler v.a. said the same.  not sure what the source of the backlog is.  

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/30 15:40:41 (permalink)
Maybe their doses were the ones slated for the prisoners at Gitmo.  Looks like there has at least been a pause to that nonsense.  
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2882
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/30 17:35:28 (permalink)
 My father and step mother got theirs in Butler yesterday.

crappy
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/01/30 17:53:41 (permalink)
you’re right crappie. went back and found the article from monday. they stopped scheduling new appointments this week till they get more. didn’t see any updates on if they did or not.

v.a. in butler said wednesday that they had given all they had.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 12:02:56 (permalink)
 Giant Eagle at the Clearview Mall also has it. Tell Andrew congrats on the Muskie!

crappy
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 12:22:26 (permalink)
bigfoot

if you meant pa, the dept of health has added a new vaccine page to its website with a lot of information about phases and distribution county by county: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Vaccine/Pages/Vaccine.aspx

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4643
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 12:48:24 (permalink)
Do they even stop to think that those in the older groups (70+) don’t frequent the internet as often or well and to complete an online form would be daunting?

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 12:50:03 (permalink)
crappiefisher
Tell Andrew congrats on the Muskie!

crappy

will do!  he was pretty pumped.  we tag teamed it - hit my gulp minnow on 6# mono and i let him fight it.  first one either of us has ever caught.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 13:29:25 (permalink)
PA is over doing 1A and causing too much of a bottle neck.  No reason a smoker or someone obese should be getting this shot before someone 65 or older.  Completely ridiculous.  I can see those people getting some priority over the phase 2, but it is a smack in the face of the elderly.  Essential workers are barely getting any priority, but many have made peanuts to work in uncertain conditions the past year.  What a thank you that is???

I have to say that my definition of "mild", "moderate", "severe" and "critical" classifications  has obviously been wrong.  Not sure how a vaccine can claim 100% effective against hospitalizations, but 85% effective against severe cases (in US).  I had always thought that "severe" = hospitalization and "critical" = ICU.  I guess "severe" means = bad cold?  "moderate" = minor cold?  

It seems that the Moderna and Pfizer second shot are giving people "severe" side effects, but since not testing positive they don't use the term "severe"?
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 13:51:29 (permalink)
DarDys
Do they even stop to think that those in the older groups (70+) don’t frequent the internet as often or well and to complete an online form would be daunting?
      The local news stations have posted a # for the elderly to call that need help and will submit the vaccine form for them. They said it is still difficult for a good bit of them to relay their info to them though. 

post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/01 13:55:47
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 14:04:15 (permalink)
 Dave, you are father of the year!!!

post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/01 14:59:01
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 14:58:34 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/new-covid-cases-down-nearly-47-in-westmoreland-county-in-january/

https://triblive.com/local/allegheny-county-saw-nearly-40-drop-in-new-covid-cases-in-january/

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvania/pennsylvanias-new-covid-cases-deaths-hospitalizations-all-decline-in-january/

Article about trying to get registered for vaccine's....
https://triblive.com/local/regional/vaccine-registration-is-wild-west-for-people-without-computers/

Good news, overall, for our region and PA in general.  Hopefully the trends continue.

that is good news eyes.  

also read today that researchers have found that the much hyped u.k. variant has been in the u.s. since november and that it's much less contagious in real life than the computer modelers had predicted it would be.  by orders of magnitude.  

shocker.  
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 15:19:42 (permalink)
Porktown
I have to say that my definition of "mild", "moderate", "severe" and "critical" classifications  has obviously been wrong.  Not sure how a vaccine can claim 100% effective against hospitalizations, but 85% effective against severe cases (in US).  I had always thought that "severe" = hospitalization and "critical" = ICU.  I guess "severe" means = bad cold?  "moderate" = minor cold?  

keep in mind too that the trials were largely done on people who are not at particularly significant risk of having a severe or critical case of covid, let alone being hospitalized or dying from it.  

in the pfizer trial only 20% of participants were over 65, 25% in moderna.  and a little over 20% only had a preexisting condition that makes them more susceptible to a serious outcome if they have covid.  

the "risks" in these trials were mostly occupational risks and not based on age or underlying conditions.  

in all trials combined, there were only 2 deaths in the control groups that did not receive the vax.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 16:56:08 (permalink)
snagr

keep in mind too that the trials were largely done on people who are not at particularly significant risk of having a severe or critical case of covid, let alone being hospitalized or dying from it.  

in the pfizer trial only 20% of participants were over 65, 25% in moderna.  and a little over 20% only had a preexisting condition that makes them more susceptible to a serious outcome if they have covid.  

the "risks" in these trials were mostly occupational risks and not based on age or underlying conditions.  

in all trials combined, there were only 2 deaths in the control groups that did not receive the vax.  

That is what I was thinking earlier about the apples to apples comparison.  It appears that J&J went well over what the others did in preexisting conditions and elderly as well as multiple nations with different strains.  I would imagine if the others followed the same trial, they would likely have more similar results.  To me, the one shot and being able to get this to more locations with it being usable for 30 days at standard refrigeration is a no brainer on the FDA approving (if their panel verifies no issues in the trial of course).

Not sure where you got the 2 deaths figure from.  Pfizer alone had two die that were using their vaccine.  4 with the placebo.  J&J had 5 deaths with their placebo.  Moderna, I am not sure how many were placebo and how many were vaccination.  

"13 total deaths were reported in the trial, with 2 in the age cohort of >75 years who both had pre-existing cardiac disease."

There are many other vaccine trials, so assume these aren't the only deaths.  That said, these articles do not state that those deaths were COVID related or vaccine/placebo related.  Most of what I had read says that it followed a "typical death rate".  Which somehow J&J was lucky to not have any of their participants die of something else?  

Regardless, they all seem to spin their numbers a bit.  It does appear that much of the country is on the downward side of the latest spike in cases.  A much better percentage of those getting are not dying or getting critically ill.  Put that with the vaccine and lets hope Trump was right about this all disappearing by Easter! 

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-pfizer-health-concerns/fact-check-clarifying-claims-around-pfizer-vaccine-deaths-and-side-effects-idUSKBN28K2R6

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/29/covid-vaccine-johnson-and-johnson/

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/fda-shares-phase-3-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-data-advisory-committee-agenda

snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/01 18:46:31 (permalink)
Porktown

It does appear that much of the country is on the downward side of the latest spike in cases. 

49 of 50 states have declining hospitalization rates from their peak. only vermont left to go.

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4643
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/02 07:51:07 (permalink)
Maybe if Vermonters wore mittens...

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/02 09:08:56 (permalink)
https://www.google.com/search?q=vermont+coronavirus+cases&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS771US771&oq=Vermont+Coronavirus+cases&aqs=chrome.0.0l3j0i395l3j0i390i395l4.6145j1j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Well, I think the entire state count is less than my town...!!
Definitely less than the county.......I think Vermont will be just fine.
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/02 10:33:39 (permalink)
the national 7 day moving average of case counts is down 43% from jan. 8 to feb. 1

pa new cases reported yesterday are down 72% from their peak on dec. 10th.  we are back down to where we were the first week of november.  

https://www.health.pa.gov...virus/Pages/Cases.aspx
post edited by snagr - 2021/02/02 11:48:14
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/02/02 14:18:09 (permalink)
Holy heck.....Biden is a miracle worker!!!!!!!!
Page: << < ..86878889 > Showing page 87 of 89
Jump to: