Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..6162636465.. > >> Showing page 61 of 72
Author
snagr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 170
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/08 19:24:42 (permalink)
yessir, you’re right and i’m wrong on this. i didn’t take the time to read through it like I should have. my apologies.

this is the categorization of all excess deaths including covid not merely excess in those categories with no diagnosis.
post edited by snagr - 2020/09/08 19:39:15
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2438
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/08 21:19:20 (permalink)
MyWar
 This is evidence that we are probably under counting COVID 19 deaths.

you're not serious, are you?

question, are you blinded by hate and/or party manipulation
a zealot?
 one of the selfish/scared/panicked folks?
One of those unable to separate emotion from rational thought?
One or all of the above?

..L.T.A.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4687
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/08 22:03:48 (permalink)
Paid.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 717
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 00:00:57 (permalink)
Yea I’m a DNC operative who’s being paid to argue with like half a dozen guys on a fishing forum.

I’m definitely not just some guy from Pittsburgh who likes to fish, and also enjoys wasting time by arguing about politics on the internet. Nope. Definitely not. No way.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 06:45:27 (permalink)
No one said paid by DNC.

No one said this was the only social media site you posted the same information on (that was provided).

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2734
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 07:19:35 (permalink)
genieman77
haven't read any posts
so forgive if redundant

to those that support the hysterical over reaction to the latest pandemic.

are you a zealot, selfish or panic stricken that you'd collapse the world  and cause chaos and calamity to 99.95% of the genpop?
and  pass the $6-10 TRILLION (what it will be before all said and done) bill off to your kids and grandkids

the root of your actions (if you're capable of honesty) are predicated on selfishness or zealotry
(bolstered by a heaping helping of  political bullsheeit )

way to go, Kiddies

..L.T.A.

Is it possible to not be hysterical about it but also not be dismissive?  Are we allowed to do that?  I would say that most people I interact with follow basic health guidelines, are considerate of others and want nothing more than to not be affected by this pandemic physically or emotionally.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 12012
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 09:40:31 (permalink)
LDD you are correcting in asking ”Is it possible to not be hysterical?”

That is exactly what is being said. In other words; keep thou cool, do not freak out; especially after watching, seeing, hearing, & living the reality of Nancy Pelosi and her House Swampcrats for the paste 4 years.

What more proof do you need; or should you need before you realize Pelosi and her anti-America journalist-friends will stop at nothing, zilch, notta, to keep the Swampcrats in power.

It appears from your comments, you hate Trump so much you will swallow anything that the Swampcrats and anti-America journalist feed you.

Instead of ”hysterical” & ”dismissive” perhaps ”panic” & ” submissive” would better fit your rhetoric?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/09/09 09:58:25

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1181
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 09:57:56 (permalink)
Same applies to the Orange Twinkie.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 10:05:03 (permalink)
Walleye jigs

Simple question.

What has Trump actually done from a policy, not personality, perspective, not might have done, not might have said, not alleged to have done or said that has you so against him?
post edited by DarDys - 2020/09/09 10:07:14

LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 10:40:11 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
LDD you are correcting in asking ”Is it possible to not be hysterical?”

That is exactly what is being said. In other words; keep thou cool, do not freak out; especially after watching, seeing, hearing, & living the reality of Nancy Pelosi and her House Swampcrats for the paste 4 years.

What more proof do you need; or should you need before you realize Pelosi and her anti-America journalist-friends will stop at nothing, zilch, notta, to keep the Swampcrats in power.

It appears from your comments, you hate Trump so much you will swallow anything that the Swampcrats and anti-America journalist feed you.

Instead of ”hysterical” & ”dismissive” perhaps ”panic” & ” submissive” would better fit your rhetoric?

Didn't mention him...
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1181
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 11:28:31 (permalink)
Because he's a Total aHole,schoolyard BULLY, among other things. He appoints people then sets out to destroy them if they disagree with anything he said or did, he's a racist and worst of all he fooled me into vot8ng for him. Even though he's a draft DODGER, a lair and a thief who hired is entire family of thieves to help rip. Off the American people. However on the plus side he's not a Clinton. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7656
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 12:07:52 (permalink)
He hits all qualifications to be a Clinton...
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 13:47:03 (permalink)
Walleye jigs
Because he's a Total aHole,schoolyard BULLY, among other things. He appoints people then sets out to destroy them if they disagree with anything he said or did, he's a racist and worst of all he fooled me into vot8ng for him. Even though he's a draft DODGER, a lair and a thief who hired is entire family of thieves to help rip. Off the American people. However on the plus side he's not a Clinton. 

ARE YOU BEING PAID TO POST HERE?!???

HEY EVERYBODY, THIS GUY IS BEING PAAAIIID TO POST HERE!!!
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 14:00:20 (permalink)
MyWar
Walleye jigs

ARE YOU BEING PAID TO POST HERE?!???

HEY EVERYBODY, THIS GUY IS BEING PAAAIIID TO POST HERE!!!

Covert AARP operations! 

Sorry Jigs, had to 
Erie Mako
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 441
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 14:32:17 (permalink)
Walleye jigs

At least his brother isn't buying up hospitals just to bankrupt them and shut them down!
AKA: Ellwood City hospital, check it out on KDKA.com

On the internet, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion!
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 15:28:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby JM2 2020/09/09 15:50:26
Walleye jigs

Thank you for replying. That is how conversations start.

Allow me to rebut your points, if I may.

“He’s an ahole.” That’s personality, not policy, so it doesn’t fall within the parameters of the question. Most successful business people, beyond the Mom and Pop, are ahole-like. Read about Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, Mellon, Carnegie, Bezzos, Welch. If you don’t want to read, check out the History Channel, any of the Men Who Built America series.

“Bully”. Again, personality, not policy. I don’t like the guy’s personality either. Read “Art if the Deal” and see where that personality came from — hint, dealing with NYC politicians.

“Appoint people then destroy them if they don’t agree.” Third time, personally, not policy. Unlike politics, especially in the last 30 years or so, where incompetence and inaction are rewarded with re-election, in business, if someone does not follow the mission set forth by the CEO, they are removed. Leaders, while open to ideas, tend to be autocratic and there is an expectancy that those bin lower ranks follow or leave — voluntarily or involuntarily. As for destroying them, as soon as one of them leaves, it’s straight to a TV camera or a publisher to get their story out or, more likely, cash in and make a buck. Is it not human nature when attacked, especially publicly, to defend one’s self?

“Racist.” Fourth time, personality, not policy. And completely unfounded. Name one racist policy decision that proves racism. Enterprise zones? Nope, just the opposite. Full and permanent funding for traditional Black colleges and universities? Nope, just the opposite. Pre-pandemic lowest unemployment rate for all minorities? Nope, just the opposite. Prison reform? Nope, just the opposite.

So wherein lies this racism? Stating that Senator Byrd, who was a KKK member was their mentor as they gave his eulogy? Oh, that would be Biden. Voting against school integration so their kids wouldn’t have to attend with minorities in “the urban jungle?” Oh, that would be Biden. Voting for the crime bill that was responsible for putting more minorities in prison for non-violent crimes? Oh, that would be Biden. Making racist statements like “if you don’t vote for me, you ain’t black” and “Obama is articulate and clean?” Oh, that would be Biden.

“Draft dodger.” Fifth personal thing, not policy. Because he had bone spurs? Maybe. He did go to a military school, so who knows. But how is that different than Biden who was deemed unfit for service due to asthma? How is that different than Clinton who got out of service by writing a conscientious objector letter to his ROTC commander saying he just wasn’t going to serve and was granted an out?

“Liar”. Show an elected person who is not. And, while at it, what specific lie? Proven factually false, not open for interpretation or “he said 10 and its 9” splitting of hairs. Did he say “like your doctor, keep your doctor?” Lie. Did he say “like your healthcare plan, keep your healthcare plan?” Lie. Did he say “your healthcare will go down by $2500?” Lie. Did he say “no fracking” then switch to fracking? Lie.

“Rip off the American people.” No example? All his business dealings are out of his control while in office. If anything, being President cost him a fortune.

So, in total, no policies are presented, just personality issues, many of them invented, inflamed, or exaggerated by the mainstream media. But that’s okay. If you would rather have a “nice guy” running anything, let alone the country, that is your prerogative. Keep in mind, Jimmy Carter was a nice guy. Bush I was a nice guy. See how well the country did under their leadership.

Thanks for the discussion.

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 16:16:27 (permalink)
DarDys
Walleye jigs

Simple question.

What has Trump actually done from a policy, not personality, perspective, not might have done, not might have said, not alleged to have done or said that has you so against him?

Here's a fair and honest criticism of Trump's administration, from a conservative point of view: His fiscal management is atrocious.

Between the tax cuts, the corona virus relief package, and a sh1t ton of military spending, the deficit under Trump is going to be about $4 trillion. He also continued to dump subsidies into failing industries like coal, and he had to prop up the industries hurt by a trade war (that in the end, didn't accomplish anything). He has utterly failed to manage the federal budget in a responsible way by offsetting expenditures with cuts in spending on other things. He has generally treated the federal budget like one the many businesses that he ran into the ground. 

This is not without precedent either, during my adult lifetime, both republican administrations blew huge holes in the budget, while democrats have historically done a much better job of managing the federal budget (Clinton actually managed budget surpluses). Yet republicans won't shut up about this topic when a democrat is in the White House. Strange.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 16:45:19 (permalink)
DarDys
Walleye jigs

Simple question.

And here's a non-partisan criticism: His foreign policy lacks any clear direction, strategy, ideology, doctrine, or logic. As far as I can tell, his foreign policy has only two governing principles: (1) tell people what they want to hear, and (2) just make it up as you go along.

For example, Trump has repeatedly preached non-interventionist strategies ("bring the troops home", opposition to the Iraq War, etc...) yet he has increased military spending and said things like he wants to "build the biggest best military". Why do we need to waste so much money on military spending if we are going to adopt non-interventionist, or even isolationist policies? In practice, his foreign policy has been rife with haphazard contradictions like this.

He will antagonize Iran and assassinate one their officials, but yet now Iran actually has more enriched uranium and nuclear facilities than they did when he took office, and he has offered no further solution. "maximum pressure" has done nothing. We are in a similar situation with North Korea.

The sphere of influence of all of our major international adversaries has grown while Trump has been in office and the role of the US has shrunk. All while Trump's temperament and bombastic language have served to isolate and distance us from our allies.

Then there are the rumors of bounties on US troops, that the President claims he wasn't even aware of?? Even if the rumors weren't true, its inexcusable that he wasn't even aware of the possibility, and he still hasn't taken any action.

Even the "big win" peace deal between the Israelis and Palestinians is so nebulous and mysterious that nobody even really knows what it is or how it affects us, and there is no discernible objective here other than currying personal favor with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

These are all criticisms that could be made by either a hawk like John Bolton, or a non-interventionist like Bernie Sanders.

JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 788
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 16:58:15 (permalink)
You are absolutely clueless, naive, or just a  left wing hack. Probably all three. Your avatar is still stupid.... good fit I guess.
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2438
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/09 21:22:28 (permalink)
LDD

Is it possible to not be hysterical about it but also not be dismissive?  Are we allowed to do that?  I would say that most people I interact with follow basic health guidelines, are considerate of others and want nothing more than to not be affected by this pandemic physically or emotionally.  

not be affected by it?!?!?
How could one NOT be affected by it when zealots, panicked and selfish shuttered the world, disrupted many MILLIONS of lives and sending the whole ship into the rocks.
Then putting the $6 trillion dollar bill to keep the ship you ran aground from sinking,  on the next 3 generations

the worst  affects of these actions haven't even started, LDD

..L.T.A.
snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/10 01:12:57 (permalink)
LDD
Is it possible to not be hysterical about it

you mean like when you told us six weeks ago there’d be a coronapocalypse in western pa because people didn’t wear masks at the clarion county fair?

by the way that big ten myocarditis article you posted a few days ago? debunked.
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/10 07:37:40 (permalink)
Yeah, I didn't say coronapocalyse, your words.  I raised an eyebrow at it.  As far as the myocarditis article, that's good news.  I just put it up here for people to read.  Cool yer jets bud.  
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/10 07:43:14 (permalink)
genieman77
LDD

not be affected by it?!?!?
How could one NOT be affected by it when zealots, panicked and selfish shuttered the world, disrupted many MILLIONS of lives and sending the whole ship into the rocks.
Then putting the $6 trillion dollar bill to keep the ship you ran aground from sinking,  on the next 3 generations

the worst  affects of these actions haven't even started, LDD

..L.T.A.

I said "want" to not be affected by it.  Of course we all are...sucks...I don't disagree with your last statement, although, I am hopeful that we're back on a more definite course by spring.   
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7656
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/10 08:40:41 (permalink)

Maybe if the entire world would have taken the lead of Japan, Singapore, South Korea and pretty much the entire region that have learned how to deal with these viral epidemics, there wouldn't have been any panicked, selfish shutdowns.  Instead, we did the opposite and seem to want to stay on the same track.  

ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 916
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/10 08:46:11 (permalink)
Only Biden wants to shut everything down again!! Cause ya know he is gona control the virus LOL
snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/10 09:13:09 (permalink)
Porktown

Maybe if the entire world would have taken the lead of Japan, Singapore, South Korea and pretty much the entire region that have learned how to deal with these viral epidemics, there wouldn't have been any panicked, selfish shutdowns.  Instead, we did the opposite and seem to want to stay on the same track.  

pretty non uniform responses in southeast asia all with about the same results.  japan did very little in terms of mitigation compared to south korea and hong kong, for example (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53188847)

all the way back in may and june, researchers in the region have been telling the world why covid hasn't gotten out of control there.  previous herd exposure/immunity to sars and mers as well as t cell responses from the high prevalence of similar coronaviruses in that region.  

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200612/p2a/00m/0na/009000c

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/researchers-ponder-why-covid-appears-more-deadly-in-the-us-and-europe-than-in-asia/2020/05/26/81889d06-8a9f-11ea-9759-6d20ba0f2c0e_story.html

LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/10 09:13:44 (permalink)
Porktown

One roadblock to that is that we don't have the integrated medical infrastructures those countries have.  
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/10 09:25:41 (permalink)
Another thought is as certain demographic groups were more susceptible to the virus, such as African-Americans, perhaps other demographic groups, such as Asians, are less physiological susceptible. Most of the Asian countries mentioned have a fairly homogeneous population.

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/10 09:29:04 (permalink)
“Is it possible to not be hysterical about it?”

You mean like the screaming headline on MSN yesterday that Sturgis will result in 288,000 cases? That kind of hysteria?

It took several hours for the headline to be adjusted.

So where might this hysteria be generated from?

My local news spends 90% of its non-weather time giving out updated Covid statistics like they are sports scores. However, those statistics are only mentioned in numbers of cases, not hospitalizations or deaths.

So where might this hysteria be generated from?

As snagr posted the spreadsheet on the top 29 infected universities, there have been about 26,000 cases 3-4 weeks into the fall semester. This is what the talking heads are relaying on TV as well, with footage of parties (with less people than some of the protests). Yet it is failed to mention that there were ZERO, as in none, hospitalized.

So where is this hysteria generated from?

The answer to that question is obvious. The bigger question is: why?
post edited by DarDys - 2020/09/10 09:51:04

snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/10 09:44:24 (permalink)
speaking of hysterics ...

i don’t know how many here follow what’s going on in the world of sports. on tuesday a young man who was 20 years old and was on the football team at cal u of pa died, jamain stephens. his dad played for the steelers.

he was a grad of pittsburgh central catholic, and the school on its social media said he had died of covid related complications.

all the coronabros in the sports media and on social media went nuts saying “see, we told you college football was dangerous right now!”

cal u is not having a football season this year.

cal u hasn’t had a football team practice since march.

cal u has no students on campus for school.  residence halls are closed and all classes are virtual.

and yesterday afternoon pgh cc retracted its statement that he died of covid related complications and his family said there was no cause of death to announce yet.
post edited by snagr - 2020/09/10 10:28:47
Page: << < ..6162636465.. > >> Showing page 61 of 72
Jump to: