Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..5657585960.. > >> Showing page 60 of 72
Author
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2734
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/03 15:08:24 (permalink)
I think what they are seeing now in severe cases is that ventilators aren't necessarily working because the alveoli in the lungs of severely affected patients are being glossed over with fluid.  The steroids would essentially be the only option left for people who are unaffected by the use of a ventilator because of all the fluid build up in the lungs.  

This article condenses information from a couple of studies and explains some of the systemic influences of the virus. 
 https://elemental.medium.com/a-supercomputer-analyzed-covid-19-and-an-interesting-new-theory-has-emerged-31cb8eba9d63
It seems like steroids would be a last ditch effort to save people who don't see any positive effects from a ventilator. 
It looks more and more like the virus affects the circulatory system much more severely than originally though.  It's effect on the heart and circulatory system appears to be very dangerous.  These ideas are supported by the findings of the following article:

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article245448050.html

There's lots still to learn about this virus.  

MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 717
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/03 16:32:19 (permalink)
Porktown
I heard about the "a common steroid" being effective treatment on the news yesterday or day before.  I was kind of shocked that this wouldn't already be a standard treatment?  With inflammation being a huge issue for this disease, I would have thought they would be using this from the beginning, unless some sort of adverse effects?

Yes, I believe steroid treatments come with downsides, just like Hydroxychloroquine or many other medications.

My understanding with steroid treatments is that there weren’t able to complete a lot of proper double blind trials because it was becoming so clear that the steroids were helping, they ended up giving steroids to the placebo group as well. So the trials weren’t properly completed.

This may all be a moot point soon tho, since it’s becoming increasingly clear that Trump is going to announce a vaccine just before the election. My guess is mid October? Maybe during a debate.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 12012
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/03 17:19:20 (permalink)
Sounds to me the CDC, FDA, WHO annnnnnd evvvverybodies hero and legend in his own mind Dr Falsie, is still blowing smoke because they do not have a clue as to what's going on with Covid but they do know, they're responsible for the damage they've created and I hope will be exposed after Trump's re-election, .... butt all y'all know about wishin in one hand.....🤭
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/09/03 17:22:02

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7656
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/04 09:52:44 (permalink)
Here is an interesting article.  I am not a fan of the source, but doesn't seem to have any political lean to it.  Kind of scary if true, but if true, then looks like there are treatments readily available.

https://elemental.medium....s-emerged-31cb8eba9d63

Google "Bradykinin hypothesis" if you do not like the source.

I updated the link, hopefully works.  Easier read than the other that I posted below.
post edited by Porktown - 2020/09/04 13:27:58
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/04 11:29:45 (permalink)
That link didn’t work but I googled the term “Bradykinin hypothesis”. It seems that this theory is in line with the growing evidence that this is a vascular disease.

I actually think this is a very encouraging sign because it means researchers are figuring out how it affects the body on a biological level. And that in turn means that treatments are right around the corner. Even if a vaccine isn’t available, effective treatments that target specific biological responses will save a lot of lives. Just like there is no vaccine for HIV, but there are a lot of treatments that prevent people from dying of AIDS.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/04 13:26:07 (permalink)
Very encouraging, especially since there are multiple proven drugs that are on the market that supposedly treat these bradykinin storms.  I would much rather there be a "cure" than roll the dice on a vaccine that we won't know if it works, has side effects, etc. for years.  Even better to have both.

The article that I read referenced this article.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/is-a-bradykinin-storm-brewing-in-covid-19--67876

The first one that I linked was much less scientific details.

As for a vaccine.  Of the pro-Trump crowd on this forum, the vast majority have already stated they won't vaccinate.  If there is a vaccine rolled out meet the November 1 timeline that is being stated, who is getting it?  I sure as heck am not getting a vaccine that hasn't went through all of the proper steps.  I have already gotten my seasonal flu shot for this year, so would roll the dice without a covid one until I see it is safe.  If those of us that don't want a rushed vaccine, those that just don't trust vaccines in general and those that are doing because they think it is some sort of Bill Gates scam are all not getting it, who is???  Will Hannity and company change their view on the vaccine to convince their sheep to get it?
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/04 13:54:55 (permalink)
Porktown
As for a vaccine.  Of the pro-Trump crowd on this forum, the vast majority have already stated they won't vaccinate.  If there is a vaccine rolled out meet the November 1 timeline that is being stated, who is getting it?  I sure as heck am not getting a vaccine that hasn't went through all of the proper steps. 

Oh they will change their tune on that right quick when dear leader announces the vaccine in about a month or so.

The story that seems to be forming around the vaccine is that the Trump administration is fast tracking production and distribution, but the clinical testing process is not being rushed in any way. They are dumping resources into production before approval, which is a gamble because if the clinical trials reveal a problem and the vaccine isn’t viable then it’s a huge waste of money. But if the vaccine looks good after the third phase of clinical trials then they can immediately begin production and get a vaccine out much quicker.

I’m skeptical, but if there’s proof the science is solid then it should be as safe and effective as any other vaccine.

Even with Trump fast tracking production tho, the estimates I’ve heard are maybe 30 million doses by year end, and there wouldn’t be enough doses for the entire US population until mid 2021. So it would be a while before relatively young healthy people like myself would have access to it anyway. But I’m not sure how I would feel if I was older or high-risk, and I was first in line.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/04 14:02:45 (permalink)
Porktown
Very encouraging, especially since there are multiple proven drugs that are on the market that supposedly treat these bradykinin storms.  I would much rather there be a "cure" than roll the dice on a vaccine that we won't know if it works, has side effects, etc. for years.  Even better to have both.

The article that I read referenced this article.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/is-a-bradykinin-storm-brewing-in-covid-19--67876

The first one that I linked was much less scientific details.

And again, to come back to why we needed to flatten the curve and buy time. This is another reason why.

For the people who are pushing crap like “there’s no way to fight it”, or “it’s just old/sick people with underlying conditions”- medical science could be just weeks away from a breakthrough treatment. Like Hydroxychloroquine, except it actually works.
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1181
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/04 14:17:45 (permalink)
Bottom line, THERE'S MONEY TO BE MADE!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/04 14:34:55 (permalink)
Here's some Fox news ya likely won't see on anti-America news networks.

PA. nursing home in Allegheny County raided by FBI.

About dam time.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/09/04 14:39:04

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/04 14:36:17 (permalink)
Walleye jigs
Bottom line, THERE'S MONEY TO BE MADE!

Jigs you'll get no argument from me.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/04 15:28:19 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

About dam time.

That was yesterdays news on the local stations. 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/04 16:19:25 (permalink)
Porktown
BeenThereDoneThat.

About dam time.

That was yesterdays news on the local stations. 

Thanks Pork, I don't get your local news.

snagr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 170
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/05 08:46:53 (permalink)
Porktown
would insinuate that this entire pandemic could be stopped if slobs would stop leaving their houses while sick...  And you must be an idiot to catch it, if all you need to do is stay away from people that are visibly ill???  

kinda highlights the idiocy of lockdowns, forcing healthy people into confined spaces with sick people, no? definitely highlights the criminally negligible decisions of ny, nj, ma, pa and mi governors to lock healthy people into nursing homes and then throw a bunch of sick ones in with them.

have you seen any of the research on what percentage of transmission happens in the home and in medical settings? some of it suggests these two alone account for about 80% of the transmission of this virus.
post edited by snagr - 2020/09/05 09:06:45
snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/05 09:10:22 (permalink)
by the way has anybody seen what’s happened in peru?

now the highest per capita death rate in the world. despite the absolute harshest, militarily enforced lockdown in the world for 6 months. mandatory masks everywhere for months.

post edited by snagr - 2020/09/05 10:56:50
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/05 12:59:55 (permalink)
Peru? Peru is a third world country. Large segments of their population live in poverty and overcrowded housing. It is not surprising at all that they are having trouble controlling the outbreaks, and there is absolutely no comparison between a country like Peru and the US or Western Europe.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2219
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/05 14:10:12 (permalink)
Yea- those third world kinda places get hit real hard.
I cringe when they show the hospitals in some of them, just a bunch of old beds in a row in poorly painted places.
Some folks in those countries likely have never seen a doctor in their life.
 No comparison.

Some of the larger Cities may be more advanced but the rest of the country- nope.
Have traveled quite a bit and its very common to be in a decent Urban area and when ya venture out its stick and mud houses or scrap wood construction over dirt and abject poverty with the water source being a stream running through the area.
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/09/05 14:15:54
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3430
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/05 14:43:30 (permalink)
For crissake, I posted up links about the disease possibly being vascular in nature 2 or 3 months ago......totally dismissed by some on here.....

I think Facebook and others even took down links of articles of when it was discussed back then.....
snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/05 16:23:05 (permalink)
MyWar
Peru? Peru is a third world country. Large segments of their population live in poverty and overcrowded housing. It is not surprising at all that they are having trouble controlling the outbreaks, and there is absolutely no comparison between a country like Peru and the US or Western Europe.

do you mean to tell me this coronavirus hits different countries, regions, states and provinces a little differently based on things like population density, overall health of the population, access to healthcare, previous exposure to covid like illnesses, seasonality, latitude, and other factors and that there’s really not much we can do to stop or slow the spread?

and that locking healthy people inside with sick people and not allowing them to get fresh air and sunshine and vitamin d is bad for their health?

and that maybe for the most part this coronavirus follows the same types of patterns that other viruses spread primarily through respiratory shedding do, as shown by 50+ years of research by dr. edgar hope simpson?

https://youtu.be/ia8D7Gnq0TE
post edited by snagr - 2020/09/05 16:28:37
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/05 18:56:23 (permalink)
r3g3
when ya venture out its stick and mud houses or scrap wood construction over dirt and abject poverty with the water source being a stream running through the area.

Sounds like WV. Do you think they have relations with their cousins too?
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/05 21:29:25 (permalink)
snagr
MyWar

do you mean to tell me this coronavirus hits different countries, regions, states and provinces a little differently based on things like population density, overall health of the population, access to healthcare, previous exposure to covid like illnesses, seasonality, latitude, and other factors and that there’s really not much we can do to stop or slow the spread?

and that locking healthy people inside with sick people and not allowing them to get fresh air and sunshine and vitamin d is bad for their health?

and that maybe for the most part this coronavirus follows the same types of patterns that other viruses spread primarily through respiratory shedding do, as shown by 50+ years of research by dr. edgar hope simpson?

https://youtu.be/ia8D7Gnq0TE

I said there is no comparison between a third world country like Peru and the US. So citing Peru as evidence that nothing can be done to stop the spread of the virus is specious at best, and deliberately misleading at worst.

There is a bunch of other bull5hit that YOU said, that I don’t really feel like unpacking right now.
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2438
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/06 23:28:45 (permalink)
haven't read any posts
so forgive if redundant

to those that support the hysterical over reaction to the latest pandemic.

are you a zealot, selfish or panic stricken that you'd collapse the world  and cause chaos and calamity to 99.95% of the genpop?
and  pass the $6-10 TRILLION (what it will be before all said and done) bill off to your kids and grandkids

the root of your actions (if you're capable of honesty) are predicated on selfishness or zealotry
(bolstered by a heaping helping of  political bullsheeit )

way to go, Kiddies

..L.T.A.

snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/07 16:55:50 (permalink)
fauci and one of his pals wrote a big long paper about the rona, which kinda sounds like the green new deal of infectious diseases.  

key takeaways:
1.  we got the rona cause we provoked nature
2.  we can avoid diseases by being kinder to nature

no word on if they believe that the diseases that wiped out tens of millions before the industrial revolution were a result of nature being mad at people or something else.  

"The COVID-19 pandemic is yet another reminder, added to the rapidly growing archive of historical reminders, that in a human-dominated world, in which our human activities represent aggressive, damaging, and unbalanced interactions with nature, we will increasingly provoke new disease emergences. We remain at risk for the foreseeable future. COVID-19 is among the most vivid wake-up calls in over a century. It should force us to begin to think in earnest and collectively about living in more thoughtful and creative harmony with nature, even as we plan for nature’s inevitable, and always unexpected, surprises."

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(20)31012-6#%20

snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/07 19:07:49 (permalink)
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

boy if it wasn’t clear before what lockdowns have been about the united nations eliminated any ambiguity today

Attachment(s)

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/07 20:48:02 (permalink)
Was only a matter of time before the true story was revealed. Typical last ditch attempt to save their careers and legacies from the toilet....

snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/07 21:23:30 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Was only a matter of time before the true story was revealed. Typical last ditch attempt to save their careers and legacies from the toilet....

have ya noticed how quickly biden and harris quit yappin about a nationwide lockdown and national mask mandate since she was announced as veep? even their commercials the last week or two show fewer masks and talk a lot less about the rona.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/08 11:38:29 (permalink)
UPMC update from last week.  I saw on the news over the weekend.  Others have posted this same Dr. in the past.  Seems to give a good localized perspective.

https://www.wtae.com/arti...nical-trials/33912393#

FYI - The second video on this link is the full press conference.  First is just the news clip.
post edited by Porktown - 2020/09/08 11:47:18
snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/08 15:20:19 (permalink)
good news from 29 college campuses around the us in the last two weeks

despite 26K “positive” tests at these schools there are zero hospitalizations reported.

Attachment(s)

snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/08 16:11:56 (permalink)
cdc excess deaths from all causes since February.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/...id19/excess_deaths.htm
post edited by snagr - 2020/09/08 19:25:20

Attachment(s)

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/09/08 18:26:41 (permalink)
snagr
cdc excess deaths from lockdowns.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/...id19/excess_deaths.htm

But the CDC is not saying these deaths are due to lockdowns. You are. 

The CDC is actually saying that these are "excess deaths". And the implication is that they were probably caused by COVID19 complications, it just wasn't listed on the death certificate. So the official tally of 190,000 COVID19 deaths (or whatever it is today) should be as high as 230,000 or higher. This is evidence that we are probably under counting COVID 19 deaths.

Look at the causes on your list there: circulatory diseases, alzheimers, diabetes, respiratory diseases... Doesn't this look very much like the list of the underlying conditions when the CDC's "6% vs 94%" thing made the rounds?  

That has to be one of the deliberately misleading posts I've seen on this board so far. Congrats. We need to get you a "Disinformation Gold Star" for today pr something.
Page: << < ..5657585960.. > >> Showing page 60 of 72
Jump to: