Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 45
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11094
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 16:48:45 (permalink)
r3 I know they say age can make a difference with those having the Covid-19.

I also know fear induced anxiety can lead to ultra high blood pressure, which knows no age boundaries.

Capt, I know what we're hearing out of Italy. It started as soon as announcements were being made industry in China was beginning to start back up which suggested the Chinese virus epedemic was declining. (personnaly I think the start up was because Trump didn't show weakness, but that's another story)

So China begins to recover... time for another boogeyman.

Like the toll death in Washington State.... that's all we heard. Nothing about elderly folks with health issues most of whom lived at the same nursing home. 🤔 betcha the burbots have set up camp on that doorstep.

So what I'm saying, we hear what the press wants us to hear. We hear from doctors and scientist but in most cases only what the press wants us to hear.

Again, as example, the interview between Don Le'Mon and John Kasich. As soon as Kasich refused to "parrot" Le'Mons words... Don "stinkfinger" Le'mon became hostile with Kasich.

Heck... I'll even toss in the "Patriots" as some food for thought.

Show me a person who refused to cooperate with the press and I'll show you a person having a press destroyed career.

By all means, take serious any type of virus or bacteria infection. Protect yourself and please protect others. But please, don't expect me to believe BS just because someone with a title or degree said this or that.

The media-BS virus is very real and destroys anything in it's way. America needs a vaccine.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/17 16:55:29

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1123
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 19:11:40 (permalink)
Just like thunderpole said I plan on continuing to live my life. I regularly self quarantine myself (on the lake, in the woods, or it my house) everyday fro 6am to 4pm (work gets in the way). I'm sorry, but I will not buy into a lot of the hysteria. Will I throw myself in front of the bus and act recklessly concerning my interaction with my fellow man during this outbreak? No! But will I hide in the corner, under my blanket sucking my thumb and hoping that the boogeyman goes away? No! A handful of people I know are putting themselves under a lot of undue stress pretty much claiming its doomsday. This stress from what I know lowers the immune system and doesn't help. Again as thunder said, I personally am more worried about Lyme than this virus.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7403
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 19:41:56 (permalink)
I fully plan to use this to fish more myself! If your “normal life” consists of doing a bunch of stuff away from others, no one is asking anyone to stop that. They are asking to limit interactions with large groups. That is really it. If you get sick, then stay in. If you live in the country, this shouldn’t affect you nearly as much as if you live in a town, suburb or city. As R3 said before, where he lives, going about anywhere is putting him with 20+ others. That is what they want us to limit. Before this, life for me was all about my kids sports and taxiing them around. I am kind of excited about the change. Get the dog out more, go running, biking, fishing and playing with my new toy (bow). I am kind of liking the “quarantine”... I wasn’t all that much into the bar thing, although did at times. Can still tie one on with the wife or a buddy or two.
post edited by Porktown - 2020/03/17 19:45:35
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2376
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 20:08:20 (permalink)
Amazing that some people are blinded by politics even in a health crisis warning . Me ...if the sign says wet paint on a bench I won't touch it to find out ,I'll assume it's a warning not to sit on it and move on .  

Me I'm just a dummy with a high school education and born with good common sense so there are many times in my life I do trust people with degrees and higher education...some have saved me from serious health issues over the years ,while other have made gadgets that make our lives much easier and enjoyable!

There are lots of things in life to be "careful " of ....lets just say this one has moved to the top of my list .....for now !    
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1861
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 20:25:49 (permalink)
This thing is real! The headache and cough wont go away. The wife's fever comes and goes. The body aches are just a part of life for me now. They still wont test us. They're still saying the same things. Truth came out yesterday for Erie Co. No testing, because they have no tests, and also said It IS Here!!

BH

Day 9
post edited by BloodyHand - 2020/03/17 20:27:03
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1868
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 20:38:55 (permalink)
Keep looking Hand hope all turns out well for you and your wife-please keep us posted.
Hope ya have called your doctor for advice- or at the very least a quick simple Flu test.
Remember this new thing is one of many similar to old ones like the annual flu.
Your friends here are with ya.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2002
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:02:36 (permalink)
ditto
post edited by bigfoot - 2020/03/17 21:03:55

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:03:45 (permalink)
BH,
Sorry to hear it hasn’t cleared up. If you start feeling short of breath, you should try to find a way to Cleveland, Pittsburgh or Buffalo for testing. I have only read of shortness of breath being the sign of the scary stuff starting. Which might not help with what you are dealing with, but might help rest your mind. I would be confident your local ambulance service has oxygen as do the hospitals. I’d trust Erie hospitals for care too. But would help them a ton in treating and helping keep the rest of the area safe, if they knew what they were dealing with.
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you and the wife.
thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 847
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:06:57 (permalink)
If I see a wet paint sign I instantly touch it! Seriously tho I hope everyone and there loved ones are ok. Looks like a few nice days coming up to fish!!!! Or don't more for me!

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:08:08 (permalink)
Flu test came back NEGATIVE. I can tell you this. You older folks don't want any part of this. You'll be begging for the flu. I could care less if I get tested. It's my wife I'm concerned about. She is a health care worker. ( she works with people who have compromised immune systems) I fear if her symptoms subside, they will make her come back to work untested. Will they demand she be quarantined after her symptoms are gone? I sure hope so.

BH
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:09:48 (permalink)
Breathing is slowly getting better. A week ago it was tough, but manageable. Thanks for the concern, I'll keep you posted.

BH
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:12:12 (permalink)
Bloodyhand I don't know who "they" are but I do know certain parameters must be met, before a test for Covid-19 is authorised.

There has to be test available, just a short time ago Mercy Hurst was notified a student tested positive.

I'm researching the internet for "testing" directions in PA but so far, I find only written opinion by journalist of which need tested for Media-BS virus.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:12:15 (permalink)
I get short of breath with COPD and with bronchitis several times a year - not to mention this VERY early hard allergy season- so many  similar to the new thing
NOT trying to minimize but ya gotta remember so many  have the same kinda early symptoms.
Quick nebulizer generally straightens out the short breath on the short term while meds care for other symptoms of stuff other that the new one.
AGAIN- not minimizing.
Just saying you guys get to the Dr and find out what else may be happening.
When I first got sick a few weeks back I too thought it was Corona because of the fever and sore throat and I was on an Cruise ship at the time-- IT WAS NOT.

When we got back rom the Cruise where I got sick my wife came down with a fever and sore throat too- her Dr gave some antibiotic and OK in a couple of days.
Lotta things besides Corona out there 
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/03/17 21:35:58
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:25:54 (permalink)
Welp Governor "Bob" and his echelon of bureaucrat no loads has done a great job of providing the following.... good luck and please, explain it to me.

https://www.health.pa.gov...pages/coronavirus.aspx

Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:35:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bigfoot 2020/03/18 10:09:41
I'm beginning to take this more seriously the last few days than I was last week for sure, but when people say, "Look what happened in Italy," if you do in fact look at what happened in Italy . . .

You'll find that waves of illegal immigrants, as well as legal immigrants, from China (many from the Wuhan province where this all started) travel back and forth from China to Northern Italy to work in the textile mills that are now largely owned by the Chinese.  

You won't find any links by Googling things like, "Chinese workers in Italy," or "Chinese immigrants in Italy," that link the spread of COVID-19 there to this, but you'll find plenty of articles from the past 5 years or so that talk about how northern Italy, which was ground 0 for the outbreak there, is flooded with Chinese immigrants.  Many of whom - likely tens of thousands - traveled to China for Chinese New Year and brought the virus back to Italy in huge concentrations to areas with poor overall sanitation and hygiene and access to medical care.  

Also, Italy's health care system started to crash at around 1,000 severe cases.  The US can handle quite a bit more than that.  

Not saying we absolutely won't get as bad, and hopefully these social distancing measures will help.  But the US is definitely NOT Italy when it comes to this.  
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:36:49 (permalink)
"They" are the Erie county Health Dept. As I understand, everyone who has tested positive Must report it to the CDC. Underlying health conditions?? I doubt it. I'm in my 40's. My sister has it, and 1 of my buddies has it. We ALL have the same symptoms. We all think we know when we contracted it, and it was at the same time.

BH
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 21:39:21 (permalink)
From what I have read here from travelers and  on the news the Italian medical system is far far less advanced than ours.
just sayin
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 22:13:30 (permalink)
Bloodyhand have you or your relatives spoken to your health care provider or are you expecting to get "in home" Covid-19 test?

Your mention of reporting positive cases to CDC is one reason for central test locations.

Also, bogus test kits are said to be coming across the boarders.

The link I posted, (good luck) presents a list of test conducted to date, showing both positive and negative test.

Negative test out weigh positive test.

You'll not find the latest positives listed as updates are not automatic but a search of local Erie News should find a feeding frenzy taking place over the Mercy Hurst report.

Lastly, perhaps a call to PA State Health Department will help find answers to why no test are available in Erie County.

Found this link....... good luck

https://www.health.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/17 22:30:40 (permalink)
rsquared great info and a major reason why I take little into account regarding the Media-BS virus.

Your post is fine example of media cherry picking for the purpose of "hype".
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/17 22:31:58

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2376
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 09:30:13 (permalink)
UPMC has the tests kits this I know ...how , where ,why ? ask your president 

Since this forum turns political like all the rest of these forums on FE .  

Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2053
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 10:07:34 (permalink)
BloodyHand
"They" are the Erie county Health Dept. As I understand, everyone who has tested positive Must report it to the CDC. Underlying health conditions?? I doubt it. I'm in my 40's. My sister has it, and 1 of my buddies has it. We ALL have the same symptoms. We all think we know when we contracted it, and it was at the same time.

BH

Here you go....

https://www.msn.com/en-us...1moq8?ocid=hplocalnews
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 11:19:19 (permalink)
Thanks Fisherlady. That's good news. My wife works for AHN.

BH
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2053
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 11:38:52 (permalink)
Hopefully it is up and running sooner rather than later!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 12:57:49 (permalink)
Watch the Media-BS virus 😰 MUTATE😱 when numbers of infected, RAPIDLY climb, now that testing is fast coming about.

So you test positive, what should you do next???

😠 In other newwwwws......

RV park cancelled Bingo 😡 🙈
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/18 13:22:22

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 13:28:58 (permalink)
rsquared
I'm beginning to take this more seriously the last few days than I was last week for sure, but when people say, "Look what happened in Italy," if you do in fact look at what happened in Italy . . .

You'll find that waves of illegal immigrants, as well as legal immigrants, from China (many from the Wuhan province where this all started) travel back and forth from China to Northern Italy to work in the textile mills that are now largely owned by the Chinese.  

You won't find any links by Googling things like, "Chinese workers in Italy," or "Chinese immigrants in Italy," that link the spread of COVID-19 there to this, but you'll find plenty of articles from the past 5 years or so that talk about how northern Italy, which was ground 0 for the outbreak there, is flooded with Chinese immigrants.  Many of whom - likely tens of thousands - traveled to China for Chinese New Year and brought the virus back to Italy in huge concentrations to areas with poor overall sanitation and hygiene and access to medical care.  

Also, Italy's health care system started to crash at around 1,000 severe cases.  The US can handle quite a bit more than that.  

Not saying we absolutely won't get as bad, and hopefully these social distancing measures will help.  But the US is definitely NOT Italy when it comes to this.  

Trump has been on TV a lot lately.  His team of experts are talking a lot about watching Italy.  Are they misinformed too?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 13:50:29 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
UPMC has the tests kits this I know ...how , where ,why ? ask your president 

Since this forum turns political like all the rest of these forums on FE .  

UPMC dominates the health care in western PA. Needing treatment requiring admission (for Covid-19) to a local UPMC facility.... good luck with that!!!

UPMC has all but closed every local hospital or drastically reduced beds in Western PA.

Butt there is hope.... ya can blame it on Trump.

P.S. I mentioned a medical scam operation that's being investigated by a Western PA TV Station which hss connected James Biden. 🤔James Biden whhhhhere have we heard the name James Biden???

I know "Uncle Joe" Biden is all in, pertaining to free health care butt 🤔 James Biden and health care in the same sentence.... seems strange.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/18 13:54:04

Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 14:27:02 (permalink)
Porktown

Trump has been on TV a lot lately.  His team of experts are talking a lot about watching Italy.  Are they misinformed too?

Yeah, I should have said that there are enough differences between us and what happened there that there might be good reason to believe that what happened in Italy will not happen here.  Although just like every other opinion on here, I could be very wrong since I'm not an epidemiologist.  

Been trying to find as much rational and non politicized info about this as I can, which as we all know if very difficult to do in a world full of hot takes.  I think I've found some reasoned and rational voices out there showing that Italy may not be the best comparison for us.  But there are obviously voices that are saying it's worth monitoring closely.  

JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 537
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 14:42:39 (permalink)

Just got this email from a friend. The information comes from a nurse at Mass General in Boston. It was given out to all employees. Worth reading.

Subject: Stanford Notes on Coronavirus
The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can you know if you are infected? By the time you have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% fibrosis.
Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning: Take a deep breath and hold it for more than 10 seconds. If you do this successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, there is no fibrosis in the lungs; it basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and then the lungs. That's very dangerous.
Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS:
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees C. (About 77 degrees F.) It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it goes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface, wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasize enough - drink plenty of water!
THE SYMPTOMS:
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

This Email appears to be an internet hoax.
https://www.fastcompany.com/90477045/no-you-cant-test-yourself-for-covid-19-by-holding-your-breath-viral-email-chains-debunked

https://fox8.com/news/dangerous-coronavirus-self-check-test-is-circulating-on-social-media-heres-why-you-should-avoid-it/ 

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 14:58:22 (permalink)
Think they are watching Italy because it exemplifies what can happen if this gets out of hand. Not for the reasons it got there in the first place.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/18 15:18:35 (permalink)
rsquared
Porktown

Yeah, I should have said that there are enough differences between us and what happened there that there might be good reason to believe that what happened in Italy will not happen here.  Although just like every other opinion on here, I could be very wrong since I'm not an epidemiologist.  

Been trying to find as much rational and non politicized info about this as I can, which as we all know if very difficult to do in a world full of hot takes.  I think I've found some reasoned and rational voices out there showing that Italy may not be the best comparison for us.  But there are obviously voices that are saying it's worth monitoring closely.  

I'm not trying to politicize this by saying Trump.  He just happens to be bringing the nations leading experts on the subject on TV and where I am getting info...  I trust what they are saying and trust what Trump has been saying in the past day or two.  I would find it odd, if there was a link to mass movement from China to Italy as being a link to their explosion in cases, that Trump or his team would not mention it.  But do mention multiple times, that Italy didn't social distance, and why they believe their health care centers are overrun.

Don't get me wrong, this came from China and the first case or two in Italy definitely came from China.  I would find it extremely concerning for our nations experts to go on national TV and repeatedly make claims that it is due to not social distancing, when it was really due to mass movement of Chinese vacationers.  Then put a hush on it for anyone to report.  While having us all social distance, with Trump now even encouraging it.  This would not reflect very kindly on Mr. Trump or our nations health experts, if it is the case.  

Edit - I think our experts have said multiple times that Italy was late to social distance, not that they didn't do.  And also, I would imagine more than just 2 cases came from Italy from China.  But the idea of it spreading at mass, being due to Chinese vacationers, would be concerning if true, that Trump and experts wouldn't point out.
post edited by Porktown - 2020/03/18 15:23:57
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 45
Jump to: