Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 21 of 48
Author
ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 820
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 15:48:27 (permalink)
MyWar
There is nothing we can do now except ride this out and hope that the death toll stays below some of the worst case scenario projections.

In the future though, we might want to chose our elected leaders a bit more carefully.

The future is in November for newly elected people you claim would have been more capable to handle this problem.Could you enlighten us who think think might better choice? There's no one on the ballots that I can see that are capable.The ones I see are barely able to talk and make any kinda sense, Better choices  WHERE
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7448
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 15:51:16 (permalink)
Fisherlady2
I havent seen data that said conclusively that having and recovering from the virus will make someone immune to reinfection. I understand the presence of antibodies would help, but has enough information been gathered yet to answer that question?

If someone has definitive information on that can they please provide the source... I would seriously love to see that being true, but dont want to risk a false sense of security that could end poorly for someone vulnerable.

Fisherlady (& Capt!) - That article that I just posted on the serological tests, touches this a little.  It has a bunch of links in it too, which may pull something a bit more direct.  They are "pretty confident" that immunity would be at least for a year or two.  This virus has shown no drastic mutation capacity.  All will mutate, but they don't think enough to get past the built immunity.  I believe that article even quoted Fauci as saying.  So, if you trust him at least...

I did read an article last week or prior, that there were a handful of cases in China of people getting twice (NPR article).  It seemed to be much more of an anomaly though.
post edited by Porktown - 2020/04/03 15:52:25
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1965
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 15:59:06 (permalink)
War-
because ya seem to have some of us confused lol
NO -not afraid to go to the dump- just using reasonable caution
My kids haven't been in school for 30 years or more.

Darned right bout elected officials- Nadler Schiff Schumer and Pelosi should all be voted OUT.
These  four are starting to make 'the four in the squad' look good,

post edited by r3g3 - 2020/04/03 16:00:19
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2068
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 16:01:46 (permalink)
Porktown
Fisherlady2
I havent seen data that said conclusively that having and recovering from the virus will make someone immune to reinfection. I understand the presence of antibodies would help, but has enough information been gathered yet to answer that question?

If someone has definitive information on that can they please provide the source... I would seriously love to see that being true, but dont want to risk a false sense of security that could end poorly for someone vulnerable.

Fisherlady (& Capt!) - That article that I just posted on the serological tests, touches this a little.  It has a bunch of links in it too, which may pull something a bit more direct.  They are "pretty confident" that immunity would be at least for a year or two.  This virus has shown no drastic mutation capacity.  All will mutate, but they don't think enough to get past the built immunity.  I believe that article even quoted Fauci as saying.  So, if you trust him at least...

I did read an article last week or prior, that there were a handful of cases in China of people getting twice (NPR article).  It seemed to be much more of an anomaly though.

Thanks, will do some more reading. At work we are now going on the general theory that no one is immune and everyone is suspect. We cant afford to take anything for granted.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11401
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 16:09:16 (permalink)
Capt. plasma taken from people no longer affected by the virus has proven successful in treating morbidly ill covid-19 patients.

The FDA actually approved the plasma for use.

I know, this doesn't prove everyone cured of Covid19 developes the antibody and the FDA only yesterday approved the first blood test that looks for the antibodies against the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/03 16:14:33

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 16:12:25 (permalink)
Oh wait, I have been fishing the last couple weeks with my boys.  So we've touched water, fish, rocks and trees that somebody else may have touched too.  

But it is really, really nice to be on Elk Creek and when a jag walks up that looks like he's thinking about sharing your drift, you can start coughing and shrug your shoulders and say, "Maybe you oughtta move on."  

We still allowed to share fishing pics on this here website?

No Teresa's Deli subs were harmed in the making of these memories, unfortunately.  Gassed up near home where I usually would anyway; packed our own food; recycled my morning coffee on the side of 79 instead of at a rest stop; soaked up the UV rays and Vitamin D; and ripped some lips.    
post edited by rsquared - 2020/04/03 16:13:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 16:17:46 (permalink)
rsquared we're good to go, we viewed your pics from 6 feet.

Congratulations.... "dude". ummm care to 'spotburn' which dump you use.😂

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 16:34:29 (permalink)
r3g3
War-
because ya seem to have some of us confused lol
NO -not afraid to go to the dump- just using reasonable caution
My kids haven't been in school for 30 years or more.

Darned right bout elected officials- Nadler Schiff Schumer and Pelosi should all be voted OUT.
These  four are starting to make 'the four in the squad' look good,

Dam straight....

Hey speaking of Nancy Pelosi, did ya see where BotoxNan formed a committee to oversee the Covid19 response...... with subpoena powers, no less. Be a bipartisan committe too.

🤔 Hmmm, imagine that, "Aunt Nancy" (no relation to "Uncle Joe") remembers her job.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 16:45:39 (permalink)
That would be me that was scared of the garbage dump...  And as Fisherlady said, everyone is suspect! 

Some lady at the grocery store coughed right as I was about to go into grab a rack of ribs.  Which were way overpriced, BTW.  I high tailed back to the produce section, about 50 yards away to rethink my plan of action.  I swept back to the meat section holding my breath and had to settle for some pork tenderloins that didn't appear to have any coronavirus droplets on them.  Let's be honest, I was losing oxygen to my brain, getting dizzy, so I just grabbed some meat.  I was so cautious shopping and that slob goes and coughs without covering her mouth.  She did it again in the freezer section, pretty much confirming that she was COVID positive.  If she were a dude, that wasn't intimidating looking, I would have thought about having words... 

I'm never shopping there again if I end up with this stupid virus.  I'm not about to go as far as Rsquared about ready to meet God.  We talk every night, I thank him for everything that I have, and that is about all I am ready for at this point.  I am just fine waiting to fish with the big guy for a while.  I think I would be fine if I caught it, much more worried about spreading it.  I'm relatively healthy and a lot younger than RSquared (44).  For someone that doesn't exercise regularly, eats like crap, has a bit of a mid section, drinks beer like it is water, slightly elevated blood pressure and cholesterol, I umm...  I really hate that lady!  I should probably go get tested.
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1873
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 16:54:08 (permalink)
From what i read they think the majority of the infected will not become reinfected. Not to say you cant be reinfected. I also heard that the majority of the US population has had a coronavirus infection at some point in their lifetime. Could this be where the asymptomatic people come about? Did their bodies produce enough antibodies from a previous infection to thwart this 1? Will the test to show if you've ever Had the coronavirus pick up on only Covid-19? Or would any other of the corona's show up on the test as well?

BH

#bringinthefansback
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 17:02:26 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Congratulations.... "dude". ummm care to 'spotburn' which dump you use.😂

Whichever landfill Vogel Disposal in Mars, PA uses.  

Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 17:03:35 (permalink)
BloodyHand
From what i read they think the majority of the infected will not become reinfected. Not to say you cant be reinfected. I also heard that the majority of the US population has had a coronavirus infection at some point in their lifetime. Could this be where the asymptomatic people come about? Did their bodies produce enough antibodies from a previous infection to thwart this 1? Will the test to show if you've ever Had the coronavirus pick up on only Covid-19? Or would any other of the corona's show up on the test as well?

BH

#bringinthefansback

BH, thanks for sharing your experiences with us.  Glad you and the wife are feeling better, and seem to be on the upswing!  

Have always appreciated your posts on here - even the hunting and fishing ones!  Haha.  You can add me to your fan club.  
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2028
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 17:25:47 (permalink)
Porktown
That would be me that was scared of the garbage dump...  And as Fisherlady said, everyone is suspect! 

Some lady at the grocery store coughed right as I was about to go into grab a rack of ribs.  Which were way overpriced, BTW.  I high tailed back to the produce section, about 50 yards away to rethink my plan of action.  I swept back to the meat section holding my breath and had to settle for some pork tenderloins that didn't appear to have any coronavirus droplets on them.  Let's be honest, I was losing oxygen to my brain, getting dizzy, so I just grabbed some meat.  I was so cautious shopping and that slob goes and coughs without covering her mouth.  She did it again in the freezer section, pretty much confirming that she was COVID positive.  If she were a dude, that wasn't intimidating looking, I would have thought about having words... 

I'm never shopping there again if I end up with this stupid virus.  I'm not about to go as far as Rsquared about ready to meet God.  We talk every night, I thank him for everything that I have, and that is about all I am ready for at this point.  I am just fine waiting to fish with the big guy for a while.  I think I would be fine if I caught it, much more worried about spreading it.  I'm relatively healthy and a lot younger than RSquared (44).  For someone that doesn't exercise regularly, eats like crap, has a bit of a mid section, drinks beer like it is water, slightly elevated blood pressure and cholesterol, I umm...  I really hate that lady!  I should probably go get tested.
I don’t know weather to laugh or 😭:

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 18:20:48 (permalink)
Depends if I catch this stupid virus. Laugh at my paranoia (thanks to years of hangin out with Uncle Len) or cry if I catch this thing, find that lady and end up as Bubba’s toy...
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 18:40:51 (permalink)
Porktown
Depends if I catch this stupid virus. Laugh at my paranoia (thanks to years of hangin out with Uncle Len) or cry if I catch this thing, find that lady and end up as Bubba’s toy...

😂😂😂

Bout to head into Giant Eagle. Hope I don’t encounter any coughers.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 19:11:21 (permalink)
BloodyHand

BH

#bringinthefansback

#bringinthefansback

👆

. . . . . . . .🖐

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..👋

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .👍

. . . . . . . . . . .🙈

Good to hear you and the Mrs. are getting better B.H.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/03 19:29:15

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 19:25:00 (permalink)
Porktown

😂MGosh, I was planning to stop by and visit ya..... until that Bubba thingy. Just a little more than I need to know about. 😜

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1965
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 19:35:24 (permalink)
Welll guess that Death curve is different in different places.

I live on the north edge of New Haven County where its said we may peak around the third week of April.
Hartford County, to my near North, is likely to peak in Mid to late May.
Looks like a nasty couple of months ahead around these parts.

Got the neighbor comin over tomorrow to dig a hole in the backyard with his backhoe.
Gonna  go out back, lay in it, and just wait.
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/04/03 19:38:25
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 19:51:25 (permalink)
Sooooo 3M is caught exporting it's mask products overseas...... it that sumpthin??? Wonder how the BOD will respond to 3Ms CEO blowing smoke as to why 3M was doing that.

In other news..... Trump sends Schumer a love tweet. Bout time the President told Crying Chuck where the bear poops in the woods.

Botox Nan, undoubtedly panic stricken by the thousands of homeless living in her area (she forgets about) and now exposed to Covid19. 🤔 No doubt in my mind 'Aunt Nancy' (no relation to "Uncle Joe) created an oversight committee with 'subpoena powers' as a threat, if Trump mentions the homeless, Cov19, and Pelosi in the same sentence.

BloodyHand
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 19:52:29 (permalink)
"Got the neighbor comin over tomorrow to dig a hole in the backyard with his backhoe.
Gonna  go out back, lay in it, and just wait."
I guess that's better than being thrown in a freezer truck and waiting for a spot to open up in the furnace.

BH
post edited by BloodyHand - 2020/04/03 19:53:32
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 20:22:25 (permalink)
Wellllllllllll...... Dr Fauci says there needs to be a national lock down, can't understand why this isn't being done. Huh, the same guy who early on is saying the country should be more concerned with a flu epidemic.

Did I mention Dr Fauci is on CNN calling for a national lock down after appearing on NBC.

You want a major disaster, Dr Fauci knows how to get it done.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/03 21:31:13

EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 652
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 21:02:04 (permalink)
BT, you can read Schumer's letter to the President, and Trumps' response on the Fox News Site. In reading Schumer's letter, (he didn't come right out and say it), I got the indication (tacitly)  that he wants Trump to declare Martial Law. He's probably thinkin' of all the rights the government could destroy to bring the people more under the thumb of the government. He's probably not givin' any thought at all to the war that would start. He is such an AZZ! Trump sorta reminded him that old Chuckie ain't the president, just the minority senate leader.

For Liberals, whenever reality conflicts with ideology, it is reality that must change.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 21:25:07 (permalink)
You want to see panic and economic disaster dam straight start talking Martial Law. Store shelves would immediately become empty and that would be the calm part... in the beginning.

Yeah Chucky wants Martial Law and when the results are in, "Chucky & The Swampcrats" will be on national TV holding Trump responsible.

Chucky & Nancy are in major damage control and both would allow this country go down the toilet, in hope of saving their political careers.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/03 21:29:50

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 21:44:19 (permalink)
Soooo early on, there was question asking if a person infected with Covid19 could become reinfected.

How about this thought.... when our country gets back to normal what if people of China who avoided the initial infection, now become infected, and once again reinfect the world.

Should US travel to & from other countries be banned until a vaccine/treatment gets approved by the FDA/CDC? Keeping in mind, present time line say a cure is not to be expected until next year.

Should our ports of entry be closed to international travel??

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 22:10:03 (permalink)

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that so far this season, there have been at least 15 million flu illnesses for the 2019-2020 season, 140,000 hospitalizations and 8,200 deaths in the U.S. The CDC reports there have been 54 reported flu-related pediatric deaths this season from Influenza B ...Jan 27, 2020

As of ➡ Jan 27, 2020 ➡ Influenza B

You be the judge.......
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/03 22:13:10

BloodyHand
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 23:00:51 (permalink)
I just stumbled across this.......
" Now, a new study published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology reveals that nearly half of COVID-19 patients first exhibit a very different symptom: digestive issues, like diarrhea."
Hmmm

BH
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 23:31:21 (permalink)
All y'all here Walmart's new shopping policy? Starting 04/04 the number of shoppers shall be limited in the store and isles are now designated one-way.

Target and Home Depot are doing the same.

This is gonna be interesting.

PS I understand Walmart instituted this policy during an emergency meeting following the observation of some dude about to go grab a rack of ribs. Who high tailed back to the produce section, about 50 yards away to rethink his plan of action after being sneezed upon. He swept back to the meat section appearing to hold his breath and had to settle for some pork tenderloins that didn't appear to have any coronavirus droplets on them. Observed by a store clerk, it appeared he was losing oxygen to his brain, getting dizzy, so he just grabbed some meat.....

The where abouts or condition of the shopper is unknown at this time. 🙈
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/04 00:05:40

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/03 23:54:24 (permalink)
BH I tried reading the article unfortunately a PDF download is required in a format not made for (my) smart phones.

I did make it through the first page before my sight became blurred and tears (from squinting) ran down my cheeks.

I read with interest the part where loss of appitite is also reported along with the squirts.

The mention of losing ones appitite brought me relief as I'm now positive, all of this Covid19 speculation, just makes me want to poop.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/04 00:13:12

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 00:36:24 (permalink)
Some food for thought.

University of Washington think tank offers COVID-19 projections for Pennsylvania

by: Dennis Owens

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 / 08:30 PM EDT / Updated: Apr 3, 2020 / 08:30 PM EDT

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — You may have seen President Trump refer to charts and graphs this week, laying out how deadly coronavirus is expected to be in the country and in each state.

The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington has been providing coronavirus projections, which the White House uses.

There is vague optimism as the institute’s projected figure of 200,000 Americans dying, has since dipped to around 93,000.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/04 00:39:19

BloodyHand
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 08:49:46 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
BH I tried reading the article unfortunately a PDF download is required in a format not made for (my) smart phones.

I did make it through the first page before my sight became blurred and tears (from squinting) ran down my cheeks.

I read with interest the part where loss of appitite is also reported along with the squirts.

The mention of losing ones appitite brought me relief as I'm now positive, all of this Covid19 speculation, just makes me want to poop.

I read the article that was posted on some web site. The more I learn about the symtoms of the virus the more convinced I am that me and wifey had it.
Day 1- Both woke up in the morning with a headache. Wife vomited, and both had the shizits.

BH

BH
Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 21 of 48
Jump to: