Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 14 of 45
Author
MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 428
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/27 17:14:20 (permalink)
Friday 3/27

Nationwide:
85,356 cases / 1,246 deaths

On Tuesday 3/24 there were 44,183 cases / 544 deaths. So we are seeing pretty much the same pattern of exponential increases where numbers double about every 3-4 days (total cases almost doubled, and total deaths more than doubled since 3/24). 

Locally:
In PA - 2,218 cases / 22 deaths
In Allegheny Co - 158 cases /  2 deaths

I haven't been tracking the local numbers for very long and its hard to find info from previous days although I know Allegheny county is up 25 from yesterday. I'm hopeful that they locked everything down around here before the outbreak got out of hand, and if thats the case then you should see the local numbers taper off and maybe even decrease in the next 7-10 days (hopefully sooner).

Many other parts of the country could have it much worse than western PA, and not just hotspots like NYC & Seattle. Look for some very bad things to possibly happen in Louisiana and/or other poor areas of the south that do not have healthcare systems capable of sustaining a large outbreak. 
post edited by MyWar - 2020/03/27 17:15:41
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1143
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/27 17:25:26 (permalink)
Big signs on all road from the West B.T.D.T. Back to Dallas today. No Rv allowed!.If caught entering you will be forced to finger print everything in the rig, then pre in cup, wait 2 hrs than get anal temp check. Don't trust anyone who made his livelihood  driving O.T.R then retires and spends his retirement driving O.T.R 
fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1344
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/27 19:40:00 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Pork, you can find the negative test result numbers in PA in some articles.  I haven't seen a recent one reported lately though.

Found this site, u can check each state:

https://www.theatlantic.c...-state-america/608413/

Pa health department website has that number.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Cases.aspx
post edited by fishin coyote - 2020/03/27 19:43:03

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7403
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/27 19:49:37 (permalink)
Thanks Fishin Coyote.

I would like to see that 25-49 number broken down. Hopefully more closer to 25, but doubtful...
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11094
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/27 20:08:36 (permalink)
Walleye jigs
Big signs on all road from the West B.T.D.T. Back to Dallas today. No Rv allowed!.If caught entering you will be forced to finger print everything in the rig, then pre in cup, wait 2 hrs than get anal temp check. Don't trust anyone who made his livelihood  driving O.T.R then retires and spends his retirement driving O.T.R 

Heyy I'll just let you know, I resemble that remark.... 🙄

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1123
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/27 20:53:06 (permalink)
Glad to see you checked out ok at the first checkpoint on you way back BTDT 👍. Safe travels!

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/27 21:42:54 (permalink)
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Glad to see you checked out ok at the first checkpoint on you way back BTDT 👍. Safe travels!

😳 😣 😅 😝 😂

You ain't right!!! Better than peeing in a cup though.😏

Thanks for the well wishes in our travels.🍺
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/27 22:29:28

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/27 22:24:05 (permalink)
Gooder news on positive results of using hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

The sooner the FDA gives the go ahead to use these drugs for Covid-19 the sooner we get back to normal.

The sooner a patient starts treatment the better the results.

NY City now testing the drugs.

Be safe, stay well, keep your fingers crossed. 🤞🏼
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/27 22:25:41

EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 622
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 05:54:34 (permalink)
The French Doctor who started with the malaria drugs has concluded the trials and was going to publish the results yesterday. Anybody see them?

For Liberals, whenever reality conflicts with ideology, it is reality that must change.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2002
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 10:14:07 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Gooder news on positive results of using hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

The sooner the FDA gives the go ahead to use these drugs for Covid-19 the sooner we get back to normal.

The sooner a patient starts treatment the better the results.

NY City now testing the drugs. s

Be safe, stay well, keep your fingers crossed. 🤞🏼
I’m suffering from information overload from the various news sources but I heard that in addition to the two drugs mentioned above that some doctor somewhere also added zinc.

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 11:14:31 (permalink)
EMitch
The French Doctor who started with the malaria drugs has concluded the trials and was going to publish the results yesterday. Anybody see them?

79 of 80 patients recovered (in days) after receiving treatment using hydroxychloroquine in conjunction with azithromycin. The (1) patient who passed was said to be 86 years old.

Also, treating patients with plasma from people once infected, but now free of the virus, is showing great success for the morbidly ill.

Keep in mind both of these drugs have been in use for a very long period of time and produced under different names. For example.

Azithromycin..... Brands: Zithromax Z-Pak, AzaSite, Zithromax TRI-PAK, Zmax, and Zithromax

Health care officials have reported they themselves have been using hydroxychloroquine as a preventitive while caring for their patients.

FDA approved use of the plasma but isn't expected to approve the hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin to treat Covid-19 for a couple of weeks, if at all.

Sure has me sleeping better at night knowing the FDA is protecting me from a proven drug that has proven to protect me against a proven killer virus.

Thank you FDA.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/28 11:25:41

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1868
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 11:36:39 (permalink)
SOOOO HOW BOUT THAT 'RIGHT TO TRY' THING

Should have that stuff in the hospitals for folks in a bad way- might help, might not but we would soon know and they would appreciate the last ditch effort when all else has failed.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 12:03:40 (permalink)
r3g3

Should have that stuff in the hospitals for folks in a bad way- might help, might not but we would soon know and they would appreciate the last ditch effort when all else has failed.

Tell ya what. If I was in dire straights and used up all currently available options to get well , I'd be willing to roll the dice and try just about anything to see if it would pull me through.

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 12:31:24 (permalink)
oops--
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 12:39:43 (permalink)
r3g3

Depends on which "country" you live in America.

Michigan Governor threatened reprimand against any doctor "or" pharmacist making the treatment available.

A double whammy.... your doc chances losing his license and prescribes the meds but out of fear, your pharmacy refuses to provide it.😕

Welcome to America home of the free politician.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/28 13:04:57

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 13:16:22 (permalink)
In keeping with the spirit of turkey hunting, at the same time keeping in spirit of laughter being the best medicine, may I prescribe to all y'all.........

https://youtu.be/2Qp-TW_1oMc

Warning: Use of laughter as a medicine may become addictive and..... I hope it works.

Disclaimer update: Laughter; "not" FDA approved.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/28 14:55:34

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 20:01:07 (permalink)

Another ya cant make this stuff up--
New Chinese covis remedy is a needle containing Bear bile-Rams horn and fruit

OH yea -and as to their infection rate--Spain an Italy hadda trash most of the tests China sent as they were no good.

Soooo much for the oft mentioned US rate of infection compared to Chinas.

Now - if i can just find a bear trying to get at a fruit eating ram I might just get through this.
Orrr lick a statue while drinking cow urine. orrrr drink some hand cleaner as its supposed to kill the virus..
. Yep --all being used in other countries .
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/03/28 20:22:49
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 20:41:24 (permalink)
yeah bit r3, if the hand cleaner or the cow pee kills anyone consuming the stuff it's still counts as death due to the corona virus.

I'm not sure about that bear thingy, that might be considered🤔 a hunting accident.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 20:53:11 (permalink)
BTDT -
I would love if that were true, but your numbers are a bit stretched... It was a 40 patient trial. And I think 4 died, but dismissed them, because “they were unable to complete the trial”... Other than that, the numbers looked great. I think 70% that were on, showed improvement in 5 days. But that also might be similar to the stats of those that showed improvement in 5 days with Tylenol. Which is why they do those larger tests and see if it is working. It is pretty easy to find the report, just Google “French coronivirus malaria drug” and will show it after an article or two. There was also a much larger clinical trial done by China that says there was no difference between those on this treatment and standard treatment. But it is also China... South Korea and France were already planning clinical trials before Trump announced it was the game change, so should see some more trustworthy results soon. New York started on Tuesday, so if it really is a cure, we likely would be hearing it this weekend. It sounds promising, but I starting to think it isn’t a cure. Might help some people or some complications. Hopefully it is a cure and NY hospitals are just keeping tight lipped to not have a further run on the meds.

We went from under 1000 to over 2000 deaths in 2 days. I really hope that rate is not sustainable!!! Yikes.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 21:10:38 (permalink)
Pork I don't know where your information came from but I'll need a few minutes to see if the info is posted on the internet by now.

My info came from breaking news late last night. Of course I'll stand corrected and appreciate you pointing my inaccuracies out if my info is wrong.

For now, the following story was taken from WPXI and involves the Chief in Ambridge.

I thought maybe hearing from an actual PA resident having Covid-19 might calm some jittery nerves.

https://www.wpxi.com/news...7HGP5FKFKRM3MMDD52F3Q/

UPDATE 9:15 p.m.: Interim Ambridge Police Chief Mark Romutis is in lockdown, away from his family after testing positive for COVID-19.

He said the minute he started feeling bad he self-quarantined, got tested and wasn’t around any of the officers at the police station.

At 64-years-old with no underlying medical conditions, he said this just feels like a bad case of the flu.

“It’s a matter of staying in bed, taking Ibuprofen and letting it run its course,” said Romutis.

Romutis has 10 more days of quarantine. He told Channel 11 the first two days were bad but after that he felt fine.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/28 21:15:33

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/28 22:59:32 (permalink)
Pork I'm not finding any internet info directly related to the report released on 03/27.

Plenty of other info regarding reports from French studies. Studies such as the one you cite
Studies involving 20 and 40 patients with reports published a week ago.

Don't know if it's because of the weekend that I find nothing, or maybe the story was proven bogus or maybe because it's positive news and the nay sayers need time to find fault over the results and with the French doctor. I am not knowing.

I do know, the figures were 79 out of 80 in the report. Now I need only hope the story isn't truly bogus, making me want to stick my head in the sand. It's dark down there.

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/29 15:49:40 (permalink)
Sunday 3/29

Nationwide:
122,653 cases / 2,112 deaths

Total confirmed cases and number of deaths are still doubling roughly every three days. Remember there were only 544 as of 3/24, so tracking the numbers like this and watching them explode so quickly should give you an idea as to why doctors and epidemiologists are terrified of this thing. If we continue at this pace then we will see something in the neighborhood of 9,000 total deaths by next weekend, and we could be pushing 20,000 deaths nationally by April 7th or 8th. 

Locally:
In PA - 3,394 cases / 38 deaths
In Allegheny Co - 265 cases /  2 deaths

Similar to the trend nationally, the number of cases statewide is also doubling roughly every three days, but some of that increase in confirmed cases is almost certainly due to improvements in testing (although to what extent I don't now). The number of cases in Allegheny county appears to be increasing a bit slower than the national trend (which is good news), and we still have only two confirmed deaths (also good news). It would be really helpful if there were numbers that indicated how many cases locally required hospitalization, and how many ended up in ICU, as well as a number for local ICU capacity, but I can't find that info anywhere. This article from a couple days ago is encouraging, and it confirms my hope that the outbreak in western PA is well contained.

Louisiana has 3,540 cases / 151 deaths statewide; New Orleans has 1,350 cases / 73 deaths. The virus likely started spreading in Louisiana a bit earlier than in PA, which means the state's reaction time was different that PA's. So I think it might be interesting to compare the two as this thing plays out. PA has a population of about 12.8 million people while Louisiana has a population of about 4.6 million. The current number of cases in both states is about the same right now (3,394 vs 3,540), but LA's number of deaths is almost 4 times higher (38 vs 151) so the mortality rate in Louisiana may already be drastically higher.

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/29 16:49:25 (permalink)
In an effort to slow the virus some folks up in Maine dropped a tree across the driveway of a home of outa staters so that they had to stay in place to decontaminate.
Unfortunately those folks had been there for over 30 days already.
Wayyy past the 14 day thingie.

OOOOOPS
Numbskulls
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/03/29 16:51:24
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/29 18:42:12 (permalink)
Good to hear that Trump has backed off of his “back to normal in a couple of weeks” talk. Who here wouldn’t want it to be that way. Right now, we need a leader that is there to listen to the experts and do what is in his powers to provide what those experts need. Right now, we need Trump to not be Trump... I completely understand the “shake things up” that Washington does need. He has done some great things. Right now though, his “only I can do it” thing needs to be put on hold. Focus on “when this is over, only I can recover to beyond where we were”. I thought he was on a great track the week before last. Then last week was a disaster. Looks like he might be back on track. I hope. But he just can’t seem to help himself. If someone else is getting any credit, he just can’t take it.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/29 20:43:51 (permalink)
You just can’t seem to quit demonizing the president, can you?How about sticking to the topic and keeping the Trump bashing to the other thread .

JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 537
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/29 21:14:10 (permalink)
As he says of Trump, he just can't seem to help himself.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/29 21:26:04 (permalink)
bigfoot
You just can’t seem to quit demonizing the president, can you?How about sticking to the topic and keeping the Trump bashing to the other thread .

If he is going to have daily press conferences on the topic, he is part of the topic. I complimented his new direction. His talk about things back to normal in weeks was dangerous. Having his sheep on these forums repeating it as a good idea, was proof of how dangerous and pathetic.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/29 22:49:41 (permalink)
Would I be out of line in saying Trump see's the glass as being half full rather then half empty??

What if Trump were more like Cuomo, Pelosi, or Schumer constantly casting doom & gloom instead of trying to be positive?

When Trump speaks from the heart he is criticized and yet when he reads a prepared statement... he is criticized.

When Trump shows respect to reporters by taking questions from each, the reporters sound and act like monkeys at feeding.

When Trump calls out a reporter for posing "gotcha questions" OMG the poor reporter!!!

Why does Trump place himself in such predicaments, IMHO because Trump promised America he would be transparent.

Do I sometimes wish Trump would shut-up... dam straight I do. Shut-up and have the stupid reporters barred from future press conferences. So why does Trump simply not keep reporters like Jim Acosta from attending the press meetings? Again just my opinion but Trump is not afraid to face and go toe to toe with any reporter..... especially morons like Acosta. The ole sayin goes, pick out the biggest bully in the group and wade in.

Another observation, anyone noticed it's no longer Acosta acting the king media clown? Now there is two female media clowns competing for the title of gotcha queen. Imagine that.. females..... ohhh, Trump is such a bully.

Welllp, long story short, what I find most interesting about Trump is his no fear approach with the "Howler Monkey" anti-America news media.

Does this group of so called journalist have reason to worry.... I sure as hell hope so.

Good night.

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/29 22:52:53 (permalink)
Porktown
I thought he was on a great track the week before last. Then last week was a disaster. Looks like he might be back on track. I hope. But he just can’t seem to help himself.

If Trump did nothing right now except sit back and broadcast an occasional “American Unity” type platitude on Twitter, within two weeks his approval rating would over 60%.

What’s crazy is that despite how objectively poorly he has handled this thing, he is still seeing a popularity bump.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/29 22:58:24 (permalink)
bigfoot

Conservative posters are taking every chance to criticize Democrats’ actions related to this issue, right? So Trumps handling of the crisis is totally fair game as well.
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 14 of 45
Jump to: