Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..101102103104105.. > >> Showing page 103 of 112
Author
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 433
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 02:44:29 (permalink)
snagr
DeadGator401
Pfizer Vaccine full approved by FDA. Fantastic news! 16 years old and up.

Hopefully Moderna, JnJ and others will follow suit soon. It's great news for employers and vaccines mandates, and I bet we start to see some announce it this week, followed by the floodgates opening shortly after. More Colleges and other Secondary schools will also likely be empowered to announce mandates as well. 

Why do you think a vaccine that makes little to no difference in getting and transmitting Covid should be mandatory?

CDC director Rachel Walensky admitted as much last week. “Even though our vaccines are currently working well to prevent hospitalizations, we are seeing concerning evidence of waning vaccine effectiveness over time and against the delta variant.”

New study from CDC also confirms. It’s why masks are recommended for the vaxxed now and Biden admin recommended boosters at 8 months his week. Transparent data from other countries confirm.

Secondary schools? Every million doses in teens will kill 3 and save 1. CDC data confirms. Would you believe it if I shared it again or will you just keep pretending it doesn’t exist? Kids still at lesser risk from Rona than other viral respiratory diseases.

Phase 3 of clinical trial doesn’t end till May 2023 and the control arm of the study was shot to hell when vax was given to them.

But yippee I guess because science!

Settle down. We all know you've got graphs and clip art out the wazzoo and yadda yadda yadda.

I'll clarify, I mean Secondary Schools as in, After high school trade schools, and things of that nature. Institutions of education that may not be your traditional college. Usually when a person graduates highschool, they are over the age of 16. 

Aside from that, your first incorrect and false statement claims that the vaccines make little to no difference in getting infected with Covid. How do you discuss the sky with someone who refuses to believe it's blue?

Whatever reality you live in man, I wish you well and hope you catch lots of fish.

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8453
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 07:47:04 (permalink)
Secondary school term is incorrect. In traditional sense, it would be anything above elementary school.

Are you talking 12 year old and older that there is approval for on the “kill 3 to save 1”? Please provide a link to the CDC or medical journal. That would be the first that I have heard. No doubt, most healthy preadolescent kids don’t seem to be effected like the rest of the population. Under 12 years old are not being vaccinated, so we don’t know side effects on them, yet killing 3:1.

https://pediatrics.aappub...tent/148/2/e2021052336

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends the following related to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine in children and adolescents:

The AAP recommends COVID-19 vaccination for all children and adolescents 12 years of age and older who do not have contraindications using a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use for their age.

Any COVID-19 vaccine authorized through Emergency Use Authorization by the US Food and Drug Administration, recommended by the CDC, and appropriate by age and health status can be used for COVID-19 vaccination in children and adolescents.

Given the importance of routine vaccination and the need for rapid uptake of COVID-19 vaccines, the AAP supports coadministration of routine childhood and adolescent immunizations with COVID-19 vaccines (or vaccination in the days before or after) for children and adolescents who are behind on or due for immunizations (based on the CDC and AAP Recommended Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedule) and/or at increased risk from vaccine-preventable diseases.
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 386
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 07:50:32 (permalink)
DeadGator401

Aside from that, your first incorrect and false statement claims that the vaccines make little to no difference in getting infected with Covid. How do you discuss the sky with someone who refuses to believe it's blue?

Would you like me to link to the CDC’s study they released last week or would you not believe it because it doesn’t fit your narrative? Did your beloved CDC director go on film and lie last week when she said what I quoted above?

Why masks again for the vaxxed? Why a booster recommended without data or clinical trials?

Look at data from any country keeping transparent data. Effectiveness in preventing Covid fades fast. Still effective against morbidity and mortality but the vaxxed are getting at the same rate as the unvaxxed.
post edited by snagr - 2021/08/24 07:51:37
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1261
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 08:14:33 (permalink)
Lol yea PLEEAAZE post the data that says the virus kills 3 people for every one it saves.

I guess you missed the part about how even though the vaccines are less effective at preventing spread of delta, the vaccines prevent hospitalization and more serious illness. Also the part about “waning over time” is why you get a booster.
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 10:08:26 (permalink)
Earlier this summer, this is what Walensky said:
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

In the same week she said that the CDC released this data set

So let’s work with just the 12-15 year old category here, and exclude 16 & 17 since they’re included in a broader cohort up to 25

1 million first doses in 12-15 causes

1,000 ER visits and/or hospitalizations
5,000 requiring medical care
91,000 unable to do normal daily activites

1 million second doses in 12-15 causes 
2000 ER visits and/or hospitalizations
7,000 requiring medical care
254,000 unable to do normal daily activities

In an analysis of early vaccination of <18 through April 2021, 1.2 million vaccines led to 3 pediatric deaths reported to VAERS and 9 life threatening events.

So more specifically in pediatric populations, the vax causes 3 deaths for every 1.2 deaths it prevents. 

Attachment(s)

snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 10:14:05 (permalink)
Porktown

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends the following related to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine in children and adolescents:

The AAP recommends COVID-19 vaccination for all children and adolescents 12 years of age and older who do not have contraindications using a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use for their age.

https://www.aap.org/en/philanthropy/corporate-and-organizational-partners/current-partners/?fbclid=IwAR0o7zheXpVGOIdLkULS6k7PuBvYVpcMS87P_ibY-jKjcs_O6Mc6GmT7NVM

The AAP is bought and paid for by Johnson and Johnson, Glaxo Smith Kline which merged with Pfizer in 2019, and Merck which bought out a huge share of Moderna in 2015.  It's not surprising that they recommend pediatric Covid vaccination despite what I posted above.  

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4749
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 10:20:05 (permalink)
I have no problem with the vaccine (for me, can’t or won’t speculate for others), nor a problem with a booster (get a flu shot every year, which is essentially a booster with a lot more guess work on the correct strain and lower effectiveness). But I want something in return. And that something is to not be mandated to wear a mask, which my employer does, while indoors (which is 99% of my work time).

As a healthy person, who is vaccinated, I have a better chance of being killed driving to work, getting killed by a falling limb, or winning the lottery (if I bought a ticket) than contracting, being hospitalized, let alone dying from Covid.

I bared my arm, now all I ask is that I get to take my chances. And those chances are (sorry, don’t remember where I read the stats and don’t care to waste my time looking for them) 0.007% chance of catching Covid; less than 1% chance of being hospitalized (1% is the rate for those that co-morbidity issues); and less than 1% chance, if hospitalized of death (same deal with comorbidity). So my possibility of death for being vaccinated is less than 1% of 1% of 0.007%. And it is actually less because over 80% of my coworkers are vaccinated too.

As for protecting others, let them take their chances.
post edited by DarDys - 2021/08/24 10:32:19

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2277
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 10:28:22 (permalink)
DarDys. Very well stated. I don’t believe in forcing people to get vaccinated in order to keep their jobs or attend school. I also don’t think everyone in the military should be required to get it either. It should be left up to each individual as to either get it or not.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 11:28:18 (permalink)
Dardys - I agree with the no masks after vaccination.  Seems like a fair trade to me and what seemed to be the bill of goods sold to us. 

It definitely seems to be leaving most kids alone.  So, I have no issues at all with healthy kids opting not to get the vaccine.  The older they are, the more it does seem to be a factor though.  It has always seemed to be adolescence and above.  Which you really can't say 12+, since many have not hit adolescence and above at 12.

Snagr - 
VAERS is a reporting system only.  You can go and put a report on right now and will show up in the numbers.  Any death of anyone that had a COVID vaccine within, I think a week or two, is required to put it into the VAERS system.  It is up to the CDC to review the cases and determine if a link.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7031e1.htm

"Among the serious reports, myocarditis and other conditions that might be associated with myocarditis were among the most common terms reported; however, these terms did not account for a large proportion of VAERS reports overall. No reports of death to VAERS were determined to be the result of myocarditis. Impressions regarding cause of death did not indicate a pattern suggestive of a causal relationship with vaccination; however, cause of death for some decedents is pending receipt of additional information. ACIP conducted a risk-benefit assessment based in part on the data presented in this report and continues to recommend the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for all persons aged ≥12 years (6). An updated EUA now includes information on myocarditis after mRNA COVID-19 vaccines."

This is subject to change obviously if more cases come in and possibly didn't have all of the autopsy results.  The numbers of lives saved is also a calculated guess.  

That being said, I personally think the risk/benefit for this age group, especially those preadolescent, is not nearly the same of adults.  If people are on the fence of their kids in this age group, I can completely agree with them.  If every adult would vaccinate, we wouldn't even have to worry about this age group...

post edited by Porktown - 2021/08/24 11:31:14
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 360
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 11:54:26 (permalink)
Twenty million people went to the grocery store yesterday.  Afterwards, 117 of them died.  Clearly there is a mortal risk associated with grocery shopping.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 12:37:29 (permalink)
DarDys
I have no problem with the vaccine (for me, can’t or won’t speculate for others), nor a problem with a booster (get a flu shot every year, which is essentially a booster with a lot more guess work on the correct strain and lower effectiveness). But I want something in return. And that something is to not be mandated to wear a mask, which my employer does, while indoors (which is 99% of my work time).

As a healthy person, who is vaccinated, I have a better chance of being killed driving to work, getting killed by a falling limb, or winning the lottery (if I bought a ticket) than contracting, being hospitalized, let alone dying from Covid.

I bared my arm, now all I ask is that I get to take my chances. And those chances are (sorry, don’t remember where I read the stats and don’t care to waste my time looking for them) 0.007% chance of catching Covid; less than 1% chance of being hospitalized (1% is the rate for those that co-morbidity issues); and less than 1% chance, if hospitalized of death (same deal with comorbidity). So my possibility of death for being vaccinated is less than 1% of 1% of 0.007%. And it is actually less because over 80% of my coworkers are vaccinated too.

As for protecting others, let them take their chances.

I'd agree with you, but remember, Snagr says the Vaccine makes "Little to no difference in getting infected with Covid" - 

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 12:56:55 (permalink)
snagr
DeadGator401

Would you like me to link to the CDC’s study they released last week or would you not believe it because it doesn’t fit your narrative? Did your beloved CDC director go on film and lie last week when she said what I quoted above?

Why masks again for the vaxxed? Why a booster recommended without data or clinical trials?

Look at data from any country keeping transparent data. Effectiveness in preventing Covid fades fast. Still effective against morbidity and mortality but the vaxxed are getting at the same rate as the unvaxxed.

1. I don't have a "beloved CDC Director". That's a super weird thing to say. 
2. Honestly save your time and don't worry about your links and whatnot for my sake. To be direct, I don't put much stock into you as a source of any information, based on the things you've said in the past. 

Swim upstream all ya want, the river always wins man. 

fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1473
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 15:02:37 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
Twenty million people went to the grocery store yesterday.  Afterwards, 117 of them died.  Clearly there is a mortal risk associated with grocery shopping.

What did they die of?   I was going to stop at Giant Eagle after work today

Ps. edited for spelling

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1082
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 15:12:16 (permalink)
They died of the inflated prices they now see esp Giant Eagle!!
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 15:23:26 (permalink)
1980s inflation never stopped at Giant Eagle...

Good news.  Cheese prices are low.  Might be what is killing everyone.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/cheese
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 360
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 15:32:32 (permalink)
Don't go to Giant Eagle!  Save yourself!!!  Go to Kuhns, or Shop n Save, or Aldi!!!  Ahhhhhhh!!
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 16:49:54 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
Don't go to Giant Eagle!  Save yourself!!!  Go to Kuhns, or Shop n Save, or Aldi!!!  Ahhhhhhh!!

Man, the Kuhns near where I live has the best meats in terms of price for sure, and quality as well. It's kinda mind blowing how much better it is than GE. 
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2277
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 17:06:10 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Irisheyeball

Man, the Kuhns near where I live has the best meats in terms of price for sure, and quality as well. It's kinda mind blowing how much better it is than GE. 
[/quote
We don’t have any Kuhns hereabouts. Never heard of them. Ideal markets shop and save Walmart and a few local grocery stores in the mix. Meat prices high. I bought a bottom round roast last week. A little over 2 pounds. Cost over 12 bucks. Glad it’s just me and the wife and the 4 kids are long gone.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 20:41:49 (permalink)
Data from the UK and Israel - which both got vaxxes out more quickly and more widely than we did just because they have such small populations - are like the proverbial canaries in the coal mines and our federal agencies and public health officials know this.

It’s why, without any data from trials, the Biden administration this week said to get ready for boosters. It’s a preemptive strike and probably a pretty wise one for some demographics who are at highest risk. Nursing homes and at risk seniors it’s really a no brainer. My 85 year old dad and 75 year old in laws are already planning for a booster and I think it’s a good idea for them.

It’s why Fauci and the CDC are going back to masks everywhere inside. Oregon’s governor today even announced a new outdoor mask mandate because despite being one of the most heavily vaxxed states, cases are rising again.

The vax is just another thing among many that was sold as being the thing that would end Covid, and anyone with any critical thinking skills knows that it’s not going to go away and has known for a long time. Viruses are gonna virus.

The vax is still highly effective in reducing morbidity and mortality. That should have been the primary selling point from the beginning and it wasn’t for whatever reason. So rather than leveling with the public about what the vax could and would really do, public health got another promise wrong and trust in public health officials continues to deteriorate.

I’ve heard a lot of younger people who enthusiastically got vaxxed say they will definitely not be getting boosters every 8 months.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 21:35:35 (permalink)
Who hijacked Snagr’s account and posted something that I think everyone on this forum would agree with??? Good stuff. If you want to give grief to Fauci and crew, it is over hyping the vaccine to do more than I think most figured it would be. I think many on here were figuring it would be about the same as the flu vaccine. Effective for some, others it will lessen the severity. We’ll need them every year until there is a generic therapeutic available.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 22:28:26 (permalink)
bigfoot
DeadGator401
Irisheyeball

We don’t have any Kuhns hereabouts. Never heard of them. Ideal markets shop and save Walmart and a few local grocery stores in the mix. Meat prices high. I bought a bottom round roast last week. A little over 2 pounds. Cost over 12 bucks. Glad it’s just me and the wife and the 4 kids are long gone.

Kuhns have always reminded me of a small town type grocery store. They carry about 75% of the brands that big chains do, as well as their own brand. But - you're not gonna find an artisanal cheese and soap section there. Small Bakery, deli, and butcher. 

Also, for anyone just in general, Kuhns catered fried chicken/potato salad is TOP NOTCH. Incredibly good, great prices too for their catered dishes!
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 23:07:20 (permalink)
Porktown
Who hijacked Snagr’s account and posted something that I think everyone on this forum would agree with??? 

Not hijacked, I still believe all the other I post

Porktown
We’ll need them every year until there is a generic therapeutic available.

I know it's not generic, but I was shocked Fauci endorsed something DeSantis is emphasizing in FL.  Not an explicit endorsement, but, wow.  I'm surprised by this.  

COVID-19 sufferers can reduce their risk of hospitalization and death by up to 85 percent if they receive monoclonal antibody treatments in the early stages of their illness, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday.

The White House chief medical adviser said that giving the lab-made antibodies to fight the virus before a patient is hospitalized can prevent the chances of severe illness by between 70 and 85 percent.

“It is important to emphasize that this must be done early in infection and not wait, of course, until a person is sick enough to be hospitalized,” Fauci said at a COVID-19 press briefing.

https://nypost.com/2021/0...hospitalization-death/
post edited by snagr - 2021/08/24 23:09:10
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/24 23:39:41 (permalink)
Porktown
Who hijacked Snagr’s account and posted something that I think everyone on this forum would agree with??? Good stuff. If you want to give grief to Fauci and crew, it is over hyping the vaccine to do more than I think most figured it would be. I think many on here were figuring it would be about the same as the flu vaccine. Effective for some, others it will lessen the severity. We’ll need them every year until there is a generic therapeutic available.

Yeah, I was under the general impression everyone knew and realized the vaccines would probably be a yearly thing, like a flu shot. It's not a surprise they wane in efficacy and boosters would be required. Can't wait till they start to offer fuel perks for them every year

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2836
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/25 10:05:05 (permalink)
Have also regularly posted my feeling that this would be like the flu shot attacking whatever new strain seems most prevalent that year.
Not really a big surprise as diseases commonly mutate and change like the flu and need constant watching--

Actually makes me feel better bout the whole thing knowing they are keeping up with the disease--

Got a call from the paharmacy this week for this years flu shot and this week the Gov says  the third shot for 19 is in a few weeks--life goes on--
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/08/25 15:51:24
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/25 10:16:59 (permalink)
r3g3
Actually makes me feel better bout the whole think knowing they are keeping up with the disease--

This also makes me feel good that they are keeping up with many diseases. 

The MRNA technology wasn't really "new", it just happened to be "new" to a "new" strain of the coronavirus.  It was being used to develop vaccines for other diseases.  It is great to see that it is having success with this and has now fully passed the FDA.  Hopefully this pandemic has opened up the door for this technology and others to be used to treat other diseases.  Usually a silver lining in bad situations.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3729
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/25 16:35:54 (permalink)
No mrna here.......ever.  Slowly but surely warming up to J&J but would still probably quit on principle if work mandates anything before I decide myself, in due time.  No indication they will at this time though.   Would still prefer an even more traditional vax myself such as a dead or weakened virus version, even if they may not be on paper, as effective.      

Wish Novavax would get their ball rolling a little faster.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2836
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/25 19:25:57 (permalink)
Took a couple Pfizer early on and liked the results and the fact it was so highly rated through the following year or so.
Got no issues taking a third.

Hey Eyes as I recall you and I both believed we likely had the disease real early on when there wasnt even testing for it.
Taking a shot isnt a bad thing IMHO
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3729
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/26 10:07:54 (permalink)
Oh....I think I've probably had it another time of two since.....I hunker down if I don't feel well and after  several days.....all is usually well.   

It's not the shots that bother me at all.....I do get a flu vaccine.   My kids have all their required school vaccines.....ones thoroughly tested and used over decades. 
It's the holier than though attitudes of some, the shaming by others and the threats of mandates by the government and employers that sticks in my craw.   

I am 100% for freedom of choice.   If you want the current vaccines or want to wear a mask still...go for it.   I still wear a mask in some instances (when I got my hair cut last week for instance).   Do I think it would keep me from catching delta if the girl cutting my hair had it....absolutely not, not if it is even half as contagious as they say it is.  

I am 100% against seat belt laws (other than for minors) and helmet laws, even though I wear my seat belt 100% of the time and would wear a helmet 100% of the time if I rode.  Just the way I am wired....the more someone tries to force something upon me, the more resistance I impart.  It really is simple physics!  Lol
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/26 11:26:10 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Oh....I think I've probably had it another time of two since.....I hunker down if I don't feel well and after  several days.....all is usually well.   

It's not the shots that bother me at all.....I do get a flu vaccine.   My kids have all their required school vaccines.....ones thoroughly tested and used over decades. 
It's the holier than though attitudes of some, the shaming by others and the threats of mandates by the government and employers that sticks in my craw.   

I am 100% for freedom of choice.   If you want the current vaccines or want to wear a mask still...go for it.   I still wear a mask in some instances (when I got my hair cut last week for instance).   Do I think it would keep me from catching delta if the girl cutting my hair had it....absolutely not, not if it is even half as contagious as they say it is.  

I am 100% against seat belt laws (other than for minors) and helmet laws, even though I wear my seat belt 100% of the time and would wear a helmet 100% of the time if I rode.  Just the way I am wired....the more someone tries to force something upon me, the more resistance I impart.  It really is simple physics!  Lol

This mindset is probably pretty common. 

I have to ask, in all sincerity here - you do realize that right after you mentioned you're ok with "required vaccinations", you mention government mandates.

I understand the idea is that the required vaccinations for children are, as you put it, thoroughly used and tested over decades.
Does this mean that if the lets say, MRNA Pfizer vaccine was the same as the required vaccinations for children in schools, you'd take it?  

I hope that somewhere you find the information you need, or a vaccine comes out that is effective and in line with what you're comfortable with and provides some protection to you and your family. I'd caution you against letting the opinions of others impact decisions as important as personal health. It's like the prostate commercials from a few years back - don't die of stubborness.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/08/26 12:27:11 (permalink)
Not sure why the media keeps lying about ivermectin. No need for vaccine. Pandemic over!!
Page: << < ..101102103104105.. > >> Showing page 103 of 112
Jump to: