Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..96979899100 Showing page 100 of 100
Author
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/06/10 17:14:38 (permalink)
Porktown

With the case numbers in PA dropping as the vaccination rate of adults is getting close to 70%, added to those naturally inoculated, I don't see the risk of vaccinating kids being worth it at all.  

this sentiment is really growing in the medical and scientific communities (actual boots on the ground people and not bureaucrats), especially this week.  

i was actually kind of surprised to see an article in this publication which i've followed off and on for a few months so strongly suggesting that we stop vaccinating healthy kids en masse.

this is the money quote:

“Returning to the discussion of the COVID-19 risk to kids (ages 0 to 12 years) right now, it's worth aggregating the best available data to date. In reviewing the medical literature and news reports, and in talking to pediatricians across the country, I am not aware of a single healthy child in the U.S. who has died of COVID-19 to date. To investigate further, my research team at Johns Hopkins partnered with FAIR health to study pediatric COVID-19 deaths using approximately half of the nation's health insurance data. We found that 100% of pediatric COVID-19 deaths were in children with a pre-existing condition, solidifying the case to vaccinate any child with a comorbidity.

Given that the risk of a healthy child dying is between zero and infinitesimally rare, it's understandable that many parents are appropriately asking, why vaccinate healthy kids at all?”

https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/marty-makary/93029

(does require you to register with an e mail address and password, but is not behind a paywall)
post edited by snagr - 2021/06/10 18:17:30
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 312
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/06/11 00:22:26 (permalink)
snagr
look at these anti vaxxers from the cleveland clinic sowing further vaccine hesitancy in the u.s.  

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.06.01.21258176v2

"Conclusions Individuals who have had SARS-CoV-2 infection are unlikely to benefit from COVID-19 vaccination, and vaccines can be safely prioritized to those who have not been infected before."

Be interesting to see how this affects non-Mrna vaccines. There some more in the pipeline coming that are different so actively looking forward to it. 
Also wonder when the will get peer reviewed.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3610
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/06/11 09:35:18 (permalink)
Personally, the more I think about it, the only vaccine I am personally comfortable taking at this point so early in the process, would be a "traditional" weakened or killed virus vaccine or possibly one using VLPs.  
I don't think there are many and possibly no homegrown ones in the pipeline (not interested in any from China or Russia, that is for sure!).  So, until then, I'll remain part of the control group....

After a little more research:
Novavax and Sanofi's vaccines, entering Phase 3 trials, seem a little more traditional and peek my interest.  
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 312
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/06/15 13:20:24 (permalink)
Novavax has a 90% efficiency during their trial. - https://ir.novavax.com/news-releases/news-release-details/novavax-covid-19-vaccine-demonstrates-90-overall-efficacy-and
Pretty great news.

Along with that, the cases continue to lower Nationwide and deaths are down as well. Vaccination rates are plateauing though, lead by lower participation in predominately southern states.
Page: << < ..96979899100 Showing page 100 of 100
Jump to: