Posted and Stocked?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Posted and Stocked? 2007/04/18 20:24:38 (permalink)
"There are lots and lots of nice fishermen, but there are also many with a sense of entitlement that makes them pushy and arrogant and many more that are simply slobs."

yep.

and Brother Spoony, I think  the "entiltment" attitude has gotten worse over the last 5 or 6 years.
I don't know if just the law of averages with the increase of anglers that multiplies the cueballs, or if there's just more idiots in the game over all

oh and Eggy, I don't remember seeing YOU there when we were carrying those logs, stones and driving rebar.
See ya at the clean up this Sat morn??

..L.T.A.
egg sac
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 517
RE: Posted and Stocked? 2007/04/18 20:46:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: genieman77

"There are lots and lots of nice fishermen, but there are also many with a sense of entitlement that makes them pushy and arrogant and many more that are simply slobs."

yep.

and Brother Spoony, I think  the "entiltment" attitude has gotten worse over the last 5 or 6 years.
I don't know if just the law of averages with the increase of anglers that multiplies the cueballs, or if there's just more idiots in the game over all

oh and Eggy, I don't remember seeing YOU there when we were carrying those logs, stones and driving rebar.
See ya at the clean up this Sat morn??

..L.T.A.

I did help out some on that project on some of the finish up work. taking wheel barrels of rock and planting small trees along the bank. Will not be at the clean up as I have a prior committment to take care of.

SO MANY FISH SO LITTLE TIME.
WHY ARE ALL THE PLACES I HAVE YET 2 FISH SO FAR AWAY?
Happy Guy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 50
RE: Posted and Stocked? 2007/04/19 12:25:53 (permalink)
1.  To my brother = STOP!  Now they know genetically we are prone to b?#!*ing

2.  Spoon thank you for contacting Brook.  I've met him before a couple times and wanted his opinion on things before talking to the big wigs.  How can I contact you without going through the board?
I was also looking to meet with a couple members of PSA to get their views. 

3.  Kildux I agree that my signs aren't located too well.  The one by the drive was torn down a couple times last year and I never put one back up.  The funny thing is the sign you saw on the log at the big hole washed down from up stream.  That wasn't even mine.  I haven't been real concerned with the signs b/c I haven't had problems.  I've had people fishing back there without permission several times and I never kicked them out.  I let them know it's posted for future reference, that it's C&R, and if any of my family and friends show up that they come first.  Other than that I tell them to enjoy the day!  What happened between us is a result of what I feel most strongly about.  You never said hello, introduce yourself, or tried to talk to us! As soon as two of you stepped on either side of my 16yr old friend who would never have stood up for himself, I had to ask you to leave. Did I yell or threaten any kind of action?  I can't stand crowding!!!  I bought this place b/c I'm not agressive nor are my family and friends.  We don't fish Elk or Walnut do to the "entitlement" effect.  Read some of my prior posts and you know my intentions are pure.  Later that night two guys approached me and asked to fish.  We were ready to quit so I had them wait until we were done.  They didn't have much time before dark so I asked if they would be intown any longer.  Result - - they had the hole to themselves Monday. 

4.  Wally Cat - You are the real reason I'm opening my big long winded mouth!  Do you know me?  Who are you to judge my character?  I invite you personally to the opening day next year! There you will see how life should be! I didn't say how fishing should be. I said how life should be!  Show up and you can talk morality with my priest who comes and fishes and cheers on the children!  Since the opening day there have been 21 different children ranging from 16yrs down to 5yrs old fishing.  That's one more than the 20 adults. Talk about mentoring children and instilling good values!  Faith Family Friends Fish!
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Posted and Stocked? 2007/04/19 12:50:21 (permalink)
Happy,

Check your in box.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: