Stillers 2019 N’at

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9469
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/10 20:51:06 (permalink)
If I do it, I'll git a lickin..... I dood it.🙈

Stillers didn't need a running game..... 🙊officials were moving the ball for em. 🙉
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/10 20:52:24

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6916
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/10 20:52:39 (permalink)
Aaron Donald is what happened to their running game... Not to mention James Conner out and the Rams not really respecting Rudolph to tear them apart in the air.

I had read that the o line was going to make a bunch of adjustments to deal with Donald. Which likely lead to some confusion and split second differences on blocking schemes.

I think with Rudolph getting more respect from defenses, Conner and Snell back, and not having to scheme against a beast like Donald, they will get the running game rolling.

Stilers defense is possibly the best in the NFL right now.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/10 21:07:14 (permalink)
Falcons "D" looked good today not that I'm a Falcons fan but during football season......

BTDT get fingers broke touching the TV on Sundays orrrrrrr Monday orrrrrrr Thursday annnnnd maybe Saturday too.

Wouldn't that be a shame.... no typing cause BTDT has broken fingers.

So BTDT just sits in front of TV and types. 🤗

. 🏉 Go Stillers. 🏉

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/11 10:21:30 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
If I do it, I'll git a lickin..... I dood it.🙈

Stillers didn't need a running game..... 🙊officials were moving the ball for em. 🙉

No doubt the zebras helped win that game.  Stillers have been on on the other side of that before, this time definitely on the positive end.

The one Rudolph incomplete pass, to me, should be a fumble.  The rules say it isn't though.  He tried to stop his throw and the ball slipped out.  Stillers recovered, but would have been a 25+ yard loss that they ended up getting a field goal (which LA would have only needed a field goal to win).  They say that hand moving forward means pass.  I think if they try to stop the pass on their own, and it slips out, it is a fumble.  I have seen Ben and Brady do this same thing and called an incomplete pass before too.  To me, if this happened in the first half, and Goff's in the second half, they rule Goffs an incomplete pass.  This one, would have been easily overturned if they ruled as a fumble.  

The Goff fumble was different, since Hargraves helmet hits his arm (maybe before) his arm is moving forward.  To me, it was a split second difference, and I think split second of his arm going forward before Hargraves helmet hits (or at least knocks the ball out).  Which to me, is why the ball went so far forward...  Which I feel should have been ruled incomplete pass.  Since ruled a fumble on the field, the review booth I guess, did not have enough evidence to overturn?  Maybe Hargraves helmet initially hits Goffs arm while still back and that is all that is needed.  It looked like it was still in his hand until his arm started going forward to me.  Again, I think if this happened in the second half, after Rudolph got away with one, they likely rule as an incomplete pass.  Since it happened first, they likely weren't sure, so didn't blow it dead (which is the right move). They didn't blow Rudolph's dead either, but came together and ruled incomplete.  Who knows.  This one was kind of a head scratcher to me, and would have been irate if a Rams fan.  But no one in LA cares about football...

That could have been called pass interference against Terrell Edmunds in the end zone at the end of the game too.  He didn't get his head around.  I have seen flags thrown on very similar before (I think against Seattle, benefiting the Stillers in the Superbowl years ago).  He did similar in the first half, but ran into the receiver and was flagged for it.  He got lucky that his hands hit about the same time as the ball (a bit early).  The WR didn't get up complaining, which usually helps the refs throw, if they aren't 100% sure.  Again, that is a flag 50% of the time.  If game is played in LA, I think a flag thrown.  I have no idea what that WR was doing not complaining too?  I absolutely hate when they do, but that would be about as good of time as any, to try to sell a flag. 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/11 16:02:15 (permalink)
Good call Pork. [heh heh get it, good call]

Anyone who ever played in any sports and has questioned the official making a call has herd "I call it, as I see it". The calls are made in real time so understandable, the official has to make a split second decision and react to what he thinks just occured.

No slow mo' or multi-angle re-takes before the official must act.

Likewise, reversing an official call on the field, from the review booth, must be done with absolute proof for the need. However, having the benefit of time, slo-mo, and multi-angle views as tool to review and overturn an obvious bad call and the call is not.... sucks🤔 Of course the key word being obvious.

Also, I wonder, what does an official feel/think having a call reversed?

Honestly, I don't think any of the "questionable calls" were made/missed intensionally, to help either team.

I just suspected the Rams were in trouble the first 3 seconds of the first quarter.

I think a simple change could fix any controversy involving the officials on the field. Change the name from throwing a "penalty flag" to throwing an "I need an opinion flag".

I don't know about LA being interested in football but I sure lost my interest when Goodell took control.

"Team" wise, still a Stiller fan at heart just no longer a die hard fan.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/11 16:14:33

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/12 09:49:39 (permalink)
No doubt on the split second calls and video review for obvious error.  I think the Goff "fumble" was so close, that it couldn't be overturned as "obvious error".  Breaking it down, super slow motion, it does appear to be an incomplete pass.  In real time, it could be called either way.

Goodell needs to go, but somehow is entrenched. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/12 10:28:01 (permalink)
If it's the same fumble bumble, his hand continued forward tossing the ball in a forward motion.

I'm not sure of the ruling, I know the arm must be coming forward but what if the arm does get stopped but the Q breaks/snaps his wrist to toss the ball in a forward motion?

I say go back to the good ole days, ball comes out before the play is dead.. F-U-M-B-L-E. 🏉

Irisheyeball
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 92
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/15 00:02:44 (permalink)
Let me be the first to say that I support Marquise Pouncey.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/15 09:13:09 (permalink)
Irish even I won't diagree with that.

Browns shouldn't be waiting for the NFL to rule. Garrett should be looking for a job.

As for Pouncey, shame his coach didn't come immediately, to his defense instead of presenting his "no comment" response.

Now let me just say this, I didn't see the incident untill the replays on the internet.

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2417
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/15 09:31:28 (permalink)
What a terrible game all around.  Just when Rudolph thought it couldn't get any worse he gets his helmet ripped off and beaten with it?? WTF?  Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the year and as far as Tomlin goes, it's hard to defend a guy who is on tape kicking another dude in the head.  Those men are ultra-violent individuals and by the end of that game they would have all been more or less concussed, that's what ya get.  Bad look for the NFL.  
Irisheyeball
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 92
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/15 11:28:39 (permalink)
Myles Garrett’s style of play has been sort of ultra-violent and intimidating, however, I kind of appreciated that...think Jack Lambert dunking Cliff Harris...but this is ridiculous. NFL network dudes were blaming Rudolph for starting it.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/15 13:03:16 (permalink)
Irish... NFL [wink wink] blaming Rudolph for starting it... that surprises you?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/15 13:04:46

bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1869
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/15 14:08:17 (permalink)
Steelers stink, coaches stink, officials stink, NFL stinks! I don't know if I will ever watch any more games.

Strength comes not from innate ability, but from an indomitable will.

ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 679
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/15 14:27:36 (permalink)
He will enjoy sitting out the rest of the season even w/o pay  He is a millionaire already he just wont get his new Land Rover this Christmas!!! And itd not called the national felon league for nothing
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2371
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/15 21:54:20 (permalink)
it's a violent sport
Guys like Butkis, Nitschke, Tatum, Lott, Lawrence, Lambert are a few that intended to "hurt" their opponent into submission 

yeah, your little pussbag QB might of started the altercation....
and Garret won the "helmet yank-off" contest

BUTT.......Garret crossed the line big time by bonking him with the helmet
He'll be suspended for the rest of the season, and likely half of next

verdict?
He's a dumfok
he not only screwed himself, but screwed the team too

..L.T.A.

genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/15 22:03:13 (permalink)
PEEE-AZZZ

It was a great game otherwise though, eh?

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE....

..L.T.A.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/15 23:31:55 (permalink)
genieman77
PEEE-AZZZ

It was a great game otherwise though, eh?

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE....

..L.T.A.

Summtin telen moi, sumbuddy's bee'in naughty naughty. TSK TSK

He hee

genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/16 13:02:56 (permalink)
HOO? ME??

..l.t.a.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/16 17:20:28 (permalink)
Yes me.... no wait. Not me as in moi me.
Me as in U me..... ehhh, whhhy me 😩

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/17 09:15:12 (permalink)
Kaepernick sure put on a great show for the NFL.

I sure would like to be a fly in the business office of the Stillers today.

bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/29 11:02:05 (permalink)
Any thoughts/opinions on Tomlin's decision to bench Rudolph in favor of the "Duck" for Sundays rematch against the Browns? 

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/29 12:37:58 (permalink)
I think a good decision. Not sure about Tomland’s “he won’t kill us” comment. I think Rudolph has went through a lot in the past few weeks. He looked pretty good until he took that head shot. Since then he has been shaky. Then gets in that scuffle and having to defend himself about the racial slur thing. That sort of media side tracking on top of his shaky play too much for most. If he was starting, being the rematch, he’d likely be getting hounded all week about it too. I wish they would have noted things like that as the reasoning. Give Rudolph the perception at the very least, that he could still be the future long term answer. Most franchise QBs didn’t really light it up in their first year and didn’t have to deal with a pretty nasty looking concussion and then the fallout of that helmet beating.
I personally feel that he deserves another shot in the future.
Duck is out there having fun and playing like he has nothing to lose. Rudolph looks like he is out there doing his best not to mess up. When he first took over, he was playing much more in that nothing to lose mode, which seems to be how you have to play. Was it from the hit and short term negative effect? Who knows, but I’d definitely not give up on him altogether yet. He was an excellent college QB and looked pretty good his first few games.
Hopefully Duck ends up being the long term answer, but odds aren’t great for undrafted QBs. I’d love for Duck to buck the system. His college accomplishments suggest that he “should” have been drafted, definitely less accomplished have been drafted. I’ll be a fan of his for as long as he is with the Stillers.
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/29 22:04:32 (permalink)
good decision.
It will help keep Rudolpf from getting kilt

and he's a stiff anyway, so the give the kid the ball the rest of the season to see what he's got

..L.T.A.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/30 12:31:38 (permalink)
"Obviously" I never cared for Tomlin as a "head" coach but I see his comment, "he has not killed us" as being an 'off the cuff remark' in defending his decision to start "the Duck". However, those very words could come back to 'haunt' Tomlin and will do so in the future.

Maybe Rudolph does need some "bench warming" to collect his thoughts. Whatever those thoughts might be and while Mason is accused of racial slurs, "the Duck" is being chided as a 'Trump supporter', as Hodges deletes his tweets.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/30 12:38:47

bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/30 14:00:36 (permalink)
I guess if the Steelers loose on Sunday it will be Trump’s fault. 🏈

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/11/30 14:17:26 (permalink)
Who knows what's believable, as far as the internet or TV is concerned.

I just know, in my family there is Stiller's fans on both sides of the political dIvide and come gametime, we will all be hollering "GO STILLERS".

Go Stillers.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/12/01 19:15:01 (permalink)
Ducking the system! I was a bit nervous to start the game. But once they let the duck loose, good things happened. Until that one bad thing happened... I’d hope they are realizing that playing not to lose, is the best way to not win.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/12/01 22:06:30 (permalink)
I missed the whole dad burned game. Couldn't find a radio station carrying the game nowhere traveling through Mississippi to Alabama.

Did see some replays. 🤔I dunno bout the rest of the year.

Go Stillers.

How bout them Pats??? Wasn't even a good scrimmage game.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/12/01 23:11:07

rsquared
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2155
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/12/01 23:17:05 (permalink)
I don’t think we’re looking at a team that’s gonna make a deep playoff or Super Bowl run but this has been entertaining.

If you’d have told me we’d lose Ben after six quarters; start 1-4; lose 3 Pro Bowlers in JuJu, James Conner and Maurice Pouncey for multiple games each; be down to a guy that started as a camp arm and the fourth QB and be 7-5 and the sixth seed if the playoffs started today .... well I don’t know what I’d have thought about you.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Stillers 2019 N’at 2019/12/02 08:20:21 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
How bout them Pats??? Wasn't even a good scrimmage game.

The Duck is starting his run as the Greatest of All Time!!!  
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to: