2018/10/30 08:23:58 (permalink)

AND I THOUGHT PA COULD MESS THINGS UP - FROM OUTDOOR NEWS

https://www.outdoornews.c...&mc_eid=4afa6cbb93

5 Replies Related Threads

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: AND I THOUGHT PA COULD MESS THINGS UP - FROM OUTDOOR NEWS 2018/10/30 09:52:53 (permalink)
    I wish NY well. I was heavily involved during the crossbow debates here. It was an interesting time for sure. The NY Crossbow Coalition has some fine folks representing them.

My rifle is a black rifle
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    Re: AND I THOUGHT PA COULD MESS THINGS UP - FROM OUTDOOR NEWS 2018/10/30 12:07:25 (permalink)
    Good luck to them.
    It's killin the local archery shops here.
    Can't compete with the big box stores prices on Xbow packages.
    They can't shoot them in the video shoot,"The Tube" which used to make some nice money in the off season. 
    They don't participate at the 3-D shoots. Some clubs have had to ban them they were tearing up the targets trying to get the bolts out.
    As the percentage of crossbow users increases you will see many mom and pop shops closing their doors, 3-D shoots will get to be fewer and fewer. 
    With the loss of the Tube money and and decreased revenue from the 3-D course I expect our local shop to be done next year..Shame.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: AND I THOUGHT PA COULD MESS THINGS UP - FROM OUTDOOR NEWS 2018/10/30 14:18:50 (permalink)
    Bings so very true and the irony, many of these small "mom & pop" shops made the industry what it is today. But rest assured, the bow mfg.s do not give a rats asz about anyone but themselves.

Eventually, like many other industry's today, all the archry products will be made under one name using only the label of the original mfg.

Sooner or later compounds, like recurves and the long bow, will be sought after only by the enthusiast while leaving most archers buying cross bows.

I do not see in the future, crossbows being purchased in multiples and hanging on the wall like guns. So sooner then later, I'm thinking, the bow mfg.s will see the same fate as the mom & pop shops.

Serves em right.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3103
    Re: AND I THOUGHT PA COULD MESS THINGS UP - FROM OUTDOOR NEWS 2018/11/05 14:36:01 (permalink)
    Mathews (Mission Crossbows) and PSE are both are the crossbow game...
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    Re: AND I THOUGHT PA COULD MESS THINGS UP - FROM OUTDOOR NEWS 2018/11/11 08:14:25 (permalink)
    There are some crossbow manufacturers that oppose crossbows in archery. :-o 

My rifle is a black rifle
    Jump to: