Any boat storage around Erie ?

Author
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
  • Reward points: 0
2018/08/21 15:41:51 (permalink)

Any boat storage around Erie ?

I was wondering if there are any boat storage places near Erie that I could leave my boat on the trailer for temporary storage. Rather than haul my boat up everytime if there is a gated or secure area to lease that's reasonable for a month or so. Docks and marinas are way too expensive for the time I'll use it. I seen a fenced and gated storage area near Lampe Launch that had a number on the fence but I lost it. Any ideas or help would be appreciated ....if not I'll just continue to tow .

4 Replies Related Threads

psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3103
    Re: Any boat storage around Erie ? 2018/08/21 16:14:54 (permalink)
    bassackwards
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 161
    Re: Any boat storage around Erie ? 2018/08/22 07:44:10 (permalink)
    A buddy kept a 19 footer at Lampe for a couple years (think it was East Canal Basin). He was land storage, not docked. Think he said $700/yr, and it was gated, fenced and fairly secure. I know Lampe had an issue with break-ins a few years back. He just pulled in, hooked up, fished, back on trailer, drop off trailer/boat back in spot, headed home. It was convenient to the main lake, and the bay. 

I have thought about it as well. I tow a boat that weighs around 2500 pounds loaded, and it is hard on my truck with the hills between Meadville and Erie. 

Poor Richards would be a decent rate for just summer (I would be around $60/month). But...I would still have to trailer it to the lake and back. I don't launch out of Walnut very often due to the location and the traffic situation there (location is something to consider).Do they offer indoor storage for the winter ? No way I am letting my boat sit outside all winter. 

I do Winter storage at the Crawford County fairgrounds. Usually put it in storage in early November, pick up early April. It is less than $300 total for all winter. 

There are limited place to store where you are in direct access to the water.
    Divemaster
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 744
    Re: Any boat storage around Erie ? 2018/08/22 18:10:31 (permalink)
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: Any boat storage around Erie ? 2018/08/24 19:11:16 (permalink)
    psu_fish
    Poor Richards

http://www.poorrichardserie.com/HTML/boatstorage.html

That looks good...thanks guys
    Jump to: