2018/07/07 11:29:35 (permalink)

doe tags

You can send for tags now.  sam

9 Replies Related Threads

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7131
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: doe tags 2018/07/07 11:57:38 (permalink)
    The check is in the mail.....

Thanks Sam 🍻

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3017
    Re: doe tags 2018/07/07 12:50:13 (permalink)
    Round one is off via snail mail. 

My rifle is a black rifle
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1755
    Re: doe tags 2018/07/08 19:23:23 (permalink)
    My sausage tag is in the mail.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: doe tags 2018/07/08 20:00:11 (permalink)
    That sounds like a bunch of "baloney" to me!! 😏

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: doe tags 2018/07/09 03:19:27 (permalink)
    Sausage or Baloney or hot sticks.  lol
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: doe tags 2018/07/09 09:50:43 (permalink)
    Big Tuna that all sounds yummy and from what I'm seeing in my little piece of Penn's Woods,  so far this year, I just may put some venison in my freezer this season.

Living in Amish Country I know I shouldn't put der hores 'efore der cart... ya but I'm (cautiously) pleased to be seeing more deer, including a pair of fawns,  feeding in my fields this year.   I placed two field cams yesterday so I might know what might be lurking after dark, in my back yard.

Here's to  a safe and successful hunt, for everyone persuing the elusive PA. White Tailed Deer, this coming season

In the mean while and until such time that I "may" put venison baloney in my freezer (or somebody feels sorry for me), anybody have a recipe for 'Woodchuck Baloney'?
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/07/09 09:53:19

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re: doe tags 2018/07/17 12:07:17 (permalink)
    Note from CT---lol
    Every time I fill an occasional doe tag all I think about is next years twins and will I wonder where all the deer went if next year is a lean one.
    Butt- like my old deer hunting friend used to say-ya cant eat horns.
    And like I always replied - but ya cant cut all the trees for firewood and then look for shade either.
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: doe tags 2018/07/19 19:49:08 (permalink)
    Yea I'm over worrying about what doe to shoot. Big one,little one. Every day I see a couple killed on the road. I always pick a big one. If the PGC is ok with giving out the ridiculous amount of tags,I'm not worried about putting one or two in the freezer. I bought a 6.5 Creedmoor for a reason.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: doe tags 2018/07/20 08:41:12 (permalink)
    r3g3
    Note from CT---lol
    Every time I fill an occasional doe tag all I think about is next years twins and will I wonder where all the deer went if next year is a lean one.
    Butt- like my old deer hunting friend used to say-ya cant eat horns.
    And like I always replied - but ya cant cut all the trees for firewood and then look for shade either.

I hear what you're saying r3, my elusive PA. White Tailed Deer are just so danged cute, it really does have me thinking if I should pull the trigger.  So why do I sit in my highchair swinging my feet, swaying in the trees, in howling winds, at below freezing temperatures wondering if the tickle in the middle of my back, might be a deeer tick? 

Then at the end of the season, with empty freezer (stupid fish) I think I'll forego next season, wasting money on doe tags along with other related hunting paraphernalia like arrows, bolts, ammo, upteen boxes of hand/footwarmers and cases of baloney and cheese lunchables.  Although, I do get a good buy on the lunchables at my local Amish 'dent & scratch' grocery/hardware/feedmill.

Yet, come doe tag application due date, there I am at the mailbox patiently waiting the arrival of the local postman in order that I may hand deliver and assure my pink envelope will arrive at my county courthouse, without delay.

Soooo why do I do what I do....      I have no clue!!

Welllll that being said, I am excited to say I have been seeing some good things regarding the deer population in my little piece of Penn's Woods.  Just recently I placed two field cams in my back yard, hoping to capture pictures of the four adult does and four fawn along with a buck which at this time has three-up in velvet.  Priceless.... I might think, except the stupid bucks are "never" around during deer season, what's up with that?  Maybe I should get lunchables without garlic baloney?   umm, problem is, it never says anything on the label about "Garlic" in the baloney

Anyways, without a doubt (or delay) I will be posting pictures in the coming days, provided that I can remember where in the hell I put the cameras.

In the meantime, good times, tight lines and happy hunting.

Jump to: