Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Kokanee Killer
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1015
  • Reward points: 0
2017/09/26 22:07:22 (permalink)

millineals and steelhead

well guys here it goes,,, maybe im gettin old but it seems to me that every millenial with a go pro and access to social media has to have his or hers own you tube channel on erie steelhead.. instant gratifaction era lol lol  back in the good ole days    pre intrenet lol lol  we took pics once in awhile then had to wait patiently a day or two to get pics back for our trip then we jus shared them with friends now today its like every person is trying to out tech the next guy   WHAT HAPPENED LOL  

I have become comfortably numb

37 Replies Related Threads

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/26 22:49:37 (permalink)
    I ain't no Steelheader but I sure do remember "those good ole days". Ahh the life of a "Boomer".

Didn't catch any stupid fish back then but, what the hell? I didn't have to buy film either. 😋
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/09/26 22:51:40

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 289
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/26 22:55:32 (permalink)
    I see how it could be a problem. Why do much hate towards YouTube lately? Poor john pascavage
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/26 23:15:03 (permalink)
    Its not about john, search erie steelhead on youtube and its videos for days of average size fish in the same holes as all the other videos....
    i personally find myself watching them in the middle of summmer at night while im out waitin for the flatheads to bite. It is what it is, out of the couple dozen ive caught this year so far ive taken one pic, and it was over 10 lbs. all the others havent left the water.

Imo Its kinda dumb to be pounding dumfezh and take pics or vids of every single fish one after another, and if u do noone wants or needs to see every single fish every single time... its Like a young school boy seeing a tiddi for the first time... as bill cowher would say... “act like you've been here before”

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
    Kokanee Killer
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1015
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/26 23:30:27 (permalink)
    fishfashfush
    Its not about john, search erie steelhead on youtube and its videos for days of average size fish in the same holes as all the other videos....
    i personally find myself watching them in the middle of summmer at night while im out waitin for the flatheads to bite. It is what it is, out of the couple dozen ive caught this year so far ive taken one pic, and it was over 10 lbs. all the others havent left the water.

Imo Its kinda dumb to be pounding dumfezh and take pics or vids of every single fish one after another, and if u do noone wants or needs to see every single fish every single time... its Like a young school boy seeing a tiddi for the first time... as bill cowher would say... “act like you've been here before”

yeah i agree

I have become comfortably numb
    Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 06:13:05 (permalink)
    fishfashfush

I've seen many gill grips on fish just for a Facebook post! I will say that this is happening to every fishery right now. Just look up all the people that left Erie and went up to ny. Plenty of videos of fish hooked in the back
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 07:59:37 (permalink)
    My go to photo is the finger in the fish****with 30k hashtags under the comment

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
    Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 08:40:32 (permalink)
    fishfashfush

#pautzke
    #therunison
    #aretheyuotort5yet
    #isitworthityet
    #thecreekshaveanywateryet?
    #yinzernet
    #notmypresident
    post edited by Erie_flyfishing - 2017/09/27 08:50:33
    Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 08:53:02 (permalink)
    The birth of a new term #yinzernet
    Divemaster
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 744
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 10:04:09 (permalink)
    fishfashfush

Personally, I get at least one picture of every steelie I bring to the net, but that's just because I suck at catching them and never land more than 4-5 in a day haha. Also make sure when I get a "hero shot", that the fish is out of water for 15 second max and the background of the photo can't be recognized by the #yinzernet guys who see it. Or, I just take a picture of it in the net if it's below 20" or so.
    Divemaster
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 744
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 10:07:02 (permalink)
    fishfashfush

I saw one post the other day where the dude hashtagged every single named tributary to Lake Ontario just so people couldn't find his picture by searching a body of water. I don't need to see all that d*mn clutter just show me fish pics!
    johnthefisherman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 10:41:18 (permalink)
    Maybe I'll film a response to this 

Pro Staff:
    Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
    Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
    Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
    Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

jat1007
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 193
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 13:44:52 (permalink)
    Kokanee Killer
    well guys here it goes,,, maybe im gettin old but it seems to me that every millenial with a go pro and access to social media has to have his or hers own you tube channel on erie steelhead.. instant gratifaction era lol lol  back in the good ole days    pre intrenet lol lol  we took pics once in awhile then had to wait patiently a day or two to get pics back for our trip then we jus shared them with friends now today its like every person is trying to out tech the next guy   WHAT HAPPENED LOL  

millennials are triggered

Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 16:16:46 (permalink)
    The special snowflakes are melting
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 17:04:10 (permalink)
    Any fishing U Tube videos over 1 minute long are fairly boring to me. I don't blame people for videoing action just do away with the 5-10 minute battle of looking at water and line or backs of heads ! I also don't care for a lot of jive talking either, just film the quick catch & release and smile. Remember the KISS system in filming....Keep It Simple Stupid !  
    D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 17:06:03 (permalink)
    Kokanee Killer

What happened?

It's pretty simple - Go pros, social media & youtube were invented. 

I'm gonna guess that if those things were around when you were 20, you'd likely have done similar things.  As would most kids with the means to acquire a go pro.
    Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/27 17:35:55 (permalink)
    D-nymph
    Kokanee Killer

What happened?

I'm gonna guess that if those things were around when you were 20, you'd likely have done similar things.  As would most kids with the means to acquire a go pro.

It has many positives to. I see a lot more kids getting involved in fishing nowadays simply they see how interesting it is on youtube
    H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 340
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 08:01:45 (permalink)
    I take the gopro up every once in a while. My father and friends with kids don't get to make the trip very often or if at all, so they enjoy watching some clips. 

Plus, who knows how much longer the erie fishery will be the way it is. If it weren't for the pics from way back in the day, us younger guys would say nooo way to there being that many fish, or fish being that big.

Take a pic, take a vid, save the memory. But you don't need to say exactly where you're fishing. I'll start posting Ohio creek names in mine this year lol.

And John... I think I may of been fishing near you this past weekend... were you using a pink rod? 
    Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 08:58:27 (permalink)
    H3Fisher
    I take the gopro up every once in a while. My father and friends with kids don't get to make the trip very often or if at all, so they enjoy watching some clips. 

Plus, who knows how much longer the erie fishery will be the way it is. If it weren't for the pics from way back in the day, us younger guys would say nooo way to there being that many fish, or fish being that big.

Take a pic, take a vid, save the memory. But you don't need to say exactly where you're fishing. I'll start posting Ohio creek names in mine this year lol.

And John... I think I may of been fishing near you this past weekend... were you using a pink rod? 

He uses a blue fly rod
    D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 09:49:09 (permalink)
    Erie_flyfishing
    D-nymph
    Kokanee Killer

What happened?

It has many positives to. I see a lot more kids getting involved in fishing nowadays simply they see how interesting it is on youtube

Absolutely.  I'm definitely not saying it's a negative, not at all.  Just that everything changes with time.
    Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 10:05:11 (permalink)
    D-nymph
    Erie_flyfishing
    D-nymph
    Kokanee Killer

What happened?

Absolutely.  I'm definitely not saying it's a negative, not at all.  Just that everything changes with time.

Yep it has its negatives like anything else .
    johnthefisherman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 10:06:44 (permalink)
    H3Fisher

Yea that may have been us, I was fishing with a blue Reddington Crosswater and we tried to jimmy rig my gf's medium light Daiwa Samurai up for steelhead, as you can see it didn't work out too well 

Pro Staff:
    Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
    Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
    Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
    Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 10:46:22 (permalink)
    johnthefisherman
    H3Fisher

Yea that may have been us, I was fishing with a blue Reddington Crosswater and we tried to jimmy rig my gf's medium light Daiwa Samurai up for steelhead, as you can see it didn't work out too well 

You had a lot of hookups! More then me!
    H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 11:44:52 (permalink)
    haha, yeah.. it must of been you. I know they face now, I'll say what's up next time I see ya on the creek.

Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 11:59:58 (permalink)
    H3Fisher
    haha, yeah.. it must of been you. I know they face now, I'll say what's up next time I see ya on the creek.

Were you fishing walnut?
    H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 15:23:16 (permalink)
    Erie_flyfishing
    H3Fisher

Were you fishing walnut?

yes sir
    Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 18:42:54 (permalink)
    H3Fisher
    Erie_flyfishing
    H3Fisher

Were you fishing walnut?

yes sir

The stop sign hole?
    H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 20:45:46 (permalink)
    nope, I won't touch that spot unless I'm up there on a weekday lol. Was fishing down near boat launch.
    Erie_flyfishing
    Expert Angler
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/28 21:45:15 (permalink)
    H3Fisher
    nope, I won't touch that spot unless I'm up there on a weekday lol. Was fishing down near boat launch.
    oh ok. Walked past it to go upstream. Saw john a few times
    dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2984
    Re: millineals and steelhead 2017/09/29 10:30:03 (permalink)
    fishfashfush

I'm old school so I can't really relate to all these gopro vids which pretty much show the same thing, just differnt people hooked up on the same average fish. 
    Now, if there is something unique to show or a nice story (especially the old guys that I'm surprised can still make it on the stream) or a great fish or a kids first fish,,those I like.
     Just put a pic of the 4-6 lb fish in the beginning of the video so I don't have to watch the whole dam thing and realize I wasted 5 minutes of my time.
     Holy Jesus, I'm getting more ornery with age.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: