Who is fishing tomorrow?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mxdad66
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 751
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Who is fishing tomorrow? 2008/02/09 20:41:57 (permalink)
Fished Elk and did well on the pin,peach,chart.& whit sacks produced alot of fish.
dru2112
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2265
RE: Who is fishing tomorrow? 2008/02/09 23:22:40 (permalink)
also did well on the pin at elk, walnut, 20 mile today.....white and pink sacks were cash
doubletaper
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3977
RE: Who is fishing tomorrow? 2008/02/10 03:00:03 (permalink)
east side was low and clear but still caught a few. hit upper elk in afternoon seen quite a few fish running up out of the faster water into the slower pools before dark and watched a few making redds in the gravel.(pretty cool) caught some big fat males on latex caddis and swannadaze maggots. friend caught a lot on chekz nymphs. tomorrow should be a better day for water color but brrrrr. the closest i'll get to ice tomorrow will be watching the pen's win.

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
it's not luck
if success is consistent 

Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: Who is fishing tomorrow? 2008/02/10 11:51:54 (permalink)
"Loomis,stay away from the mile creeks!"

Thats about the crappiest piece of advice iv'e ever heard.  No fish on the eastside?  If theres a pod of 4 im catching 3.  maybe not big numbers but when you're on you're on. 

Anyways, like previously stated, I got off to a slow start being the roads were bad and i wanted to mess around on the eastside for awhile then head west. I had no need to leave, just a hint.  If you know what you're doing with a fly rod in low clear water go slay. 

Secondly,

why would I get in trouble fishing 20 mile so far upstream?  the about 2000000 times iv'e been up there (yes every inch of 20 mile) i know where its posted, above that (no im not talking about middle road im talking UPstream 20) you show me the posted signs or give me a reason why I should'nt fish there.  Some of you post the bunkest stuff on here I can't get over it EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE SPEAKING.

Anyways, over a 30 fish day yesterday, not to toot  my own horn cuz I don't care if I catch anything I just like being outside and fishing.  Hot patterns were White, Creme, Pink, and Orgeon Cheese with Cherise Dot Glo/SS, Chain eyed Phesant tail, and caught some on a BH prince.  Awesome day and the new rod performed great.
post edited by Loomis - 2008/02/10 11:55:31
tommybanzai
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 609
RE: Who is fishing tomorrow? 2008/02/10 12:33:27 (permalink)
Had a fair day with my father and brother. Got my brother into his first three on peach and white chenille jigs. MY dad landed two (one on white jig and other on minnw). I ended up landing 7 mostly on white jigs or wollys. A older fellow and some of his grandkids and their friends showed up close to none time and i sat back and watched them nail them with a little advice. Was pretty rad to watch them get into them and dee the excitement they had. One boy landed a nice male about 8-8.5 lbs i'd say. All in all it was a good day...minus the 20 minutes of wind and rain that showed up around 330...then the snow at 5ish.

ORIGINAL: Loomis

Secondly,

why would I get in trouble fishing 20 mile so far upstream?  the about 2000000 times iv'e been up there (yes every inch of 20 mile) i know where its posted, above that (no im not talking about middle road im talking UPstream 20) you show me the posted signs or give me a reason why I should'nt fish there.  Some of you post the bunkest stuff on here I can't get over it EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE SPEAKING.

Anyways, over a 30 fish day yesterday, not to toot  my own horn cuz I don't care if I catch anything I just like being outside and fishing.  Hot patterns were White, Creme, Pink, and Orgeon Cheese with Cherise Dot Glo/SS, Chain eyed Phesant tail, and caught some on a BH prince.  Awesome day and the new rod performed great.

sounds lke you hada good day. congrats! I've never tryed princes in erie before under a float...but ben itching to try.

I was just try to give you a little precaution. Calling what I said bunk or informative for just warning you is pretty wrong....how am I suppose to know you plotted out maps for 20mile by covering every square inch of it? I've been to 20mile this year and seen one day when the DEC gave out a good 15-20 fines or warnings and took many fish off of people there for fishing where they're not allowed to. Most of the fines went to snaggers though. What do they do with all those fish they take off people?...i have seen them at shops with them before once.
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: Who is fishing tomorrow? 2008/02/10 13:48:20 (permalink)
your talking about people fishing on beavers property, I saw people lined up on the other side of the bridge yesterday, don't know if they were members of the club or not but personally iv'e never seen anyone fishing south of 5, and they weren't exactly donned in the nice stuff u'd think a spring ridger would have.  Those rich men make me sick. 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: