Legislation for active duty military licenses.

Author
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
  • Reward points: 0
2008/02/05 17:56:26 (permalink)

Legislation for active duty military licenses.

Republican state senators Robbins, and Regola have introduced legislation to make it easier for active duty personnel to buy hunting & fishing licenses at reduced cost.

The bill will allow license retailers to sell special reduced cost hunting & fishing licenses for active duty military, national guard, and reserve personnel.

Currently the special licenses sold for $1, are available only at fish or game commission, and county treasures offices.

I can't see how anyone might oppose this change, but let your legislator know if you support it just the same.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL

10 Replies Related Threads

2dog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Legislation for active duty military licenses. 2008/02/05 19:58:39 (permalink)
    So what are they reducing? License cost $1, agent fee $1 equals $2. The price of license from $1 to $0, agent fee $1 to $0 or cutting both in half? It would seem to it easier if they provided more places to buy one.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: Legislation for active duty military licenses. 2008/02/05 20:27:32 (permalink)
    "It would seem to it easier if they provided more places to buy one."

That is EXACTLY what they are doing. Currently, you have to go to a commission office, or county treasures office to get one. The legislation will allow you to buy one anywhere that sells licenses. It has nothing to with reducing the cost, just making it easier. 

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    LDD
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3138
    RE: Legislation for active duty military licenses. 2008/02/05 20:56:59 (permalink)
    Why just active duty??
    sstaz69
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: Legislation for active duty military licenses. 2008/02/05 21:17:02 (permalink)
    Probably because they would lose too much money if all of us prior military personnel were able to get a license for a dollar. I dont mind, I did my time and had some benefits at the time. It's for the one's that are currently covering our ****'$ and making the sacrafice. God bless them

The World is a Vampire
    davef
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 980
    RE: Legislation for active duty military licenses. 2008/02/05 22:41:25 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Republican state senators Robbins, and Regola have introduced legislation to make it easier for active duty personnel to buy hunting & fishing licenses at reduced cost.

The bill will allow license retailers to sell special reduced cost hunting & fishing licenses for active duty military, national guard, and reserve personnel.

Currently the special licenses sold for $1, are available only at fish or game commission, and county treasures offices.

I can't see how anyone might oppose this change, but let your legislator know if you support it just the same.

Have they changed the rule concerning fishing license? 2? years ago my son was on leave from the navy and he fished with just his state id and leave papers. We were even checked coming off elk and the deputy had to phone some one since he didn't believe he could fish without a license. He eventually found out he was within the law at that time. At that time there was no $1 charge.
    flyfishindave
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 659
    RE: Legislation for active duty military licenses. 2008/02/05 23:31:19 (permalink)
    any active military with a pa drivers license & military ID can fish in
    pa at no charge, my sons have done it & have been checked with
    no problems, & I thank our legislators for doing this for our military
    people.
        the good part if they are home for a short time & want to fish
    no need to find a place to get a license.
       hunting license is different they do have to buy them for 2 dollars
    & it will be great if they can buy them at a licenseing agent
    LDD
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3138
    RE: Legislation for active duty military licenses. 2008/02/06 08:39:23 (permalink)
    I'm just saying that reservists are making a sacrafice too and covering people's ****.
    sstaz69
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: Legislation for active duty military licenses. 2008/02/06 12:39:07 (permalink)
    That would be something to check in to LDD. To me if you are under "government control" which reservists are, you are active duty. Not sure of the laws but definantly check it out.

The World is a Vampire
    joebaker79
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 805
    RE: Legislation for active duty military licenses. 2008/02/06 12:57:25 (permalink)
    can someone clear this up for me on the military deal?  this came up before and ive talked to some wco's, i was under the impression you could only get that license if you were on active duty reservist....in other words by brother is in the navy and ive always gotten a license for him when he comes to pa to fish.  he is active duty and will be untill he retires...so he can fish with just a military id and his drivers license?  that's the way it should be for sure.
    skibarkey
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Legislation for active duty military licenses. 2008/02/06 13:31:19 (permalink)
    My brother, who is active duty Navy can fish in PA without a license, but we were wondering if he needs the stamp to fish Erie and tribs? Anyone know? Thanks.
    Jump to: