Author
montanafishrmn
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 53
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/14 11:32:17 (permalink)

steelhead ?

howdy fellas,
 im planning a trip back home (erie) the first week in may. i know its probably a little too soon to tell but i was wondering if i should bother bringing my steelhead gear with me? with the cold weather youve been experiencing i figured it might hold the steel in the streams a little longer than usual. any thoughts on the matter appreciated. ill be flying back and i would prefer to ship my steelhead gear out prior to my flight but if its not worth the effort ide like to save myself the hassle. thanks in advance.   m.f.

you cant catch em if you aint fishin for em

9 Replies Related Threads

formerguide
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 198
    RE: steelhead ? 2007/04/16 21:52:17 (permalink)
    Ohio? Probably worth it.
    PA? Unlikely.
    How's Livingston treating you? Been to the Livingston Bar & Grille lately? How about the Stockman?
    What's the name of that awesome burger joint in Emmigrant? Loved their food.
    E-mail me when you're back in town; it would be nice to hear what's up in MT. I might drop down to fish DePuy's for a few days this July-you're welcome to join me. I'm taking 9 guys to Craig Fellin's lodge (Big Hole) for a week, and I'm going to meet my Dad for a few days. He stays at Oldman's old place just south of town.

Dan
    montanafishrmn
    Novice Angler
    RE: steelhead ? 2007/04/17 00:12:50 (permalink)
    thanks for the response former. Livingston is great. havent been to the livingston bar and grille but i ate at the stockman last thursday. the place in emigrant is the old saloon and they do have great burgers. ill tell one thing im not impressed with the burgers at chico. the pop stand has become one of my favorites for lunch and for prime rib i like buffalo jump. but of everywhere ive eaten by far my favorite is crazy mountain ranch, a.k.a. the marlboro ranch. theyre closed to the public but i work up there all the time and each time i go they feed me well. dont know if you ever ate at rib and chop in town but i think its way overrated.

fishing hasnt been as good for me as it has the locals who know what theyre doin but i expected a learning curve and its gettin better everyday. the weathers been great so i havent fished depuy's but i see more and more guys down there everyday.

anyhow ill be in erie for about ten days. arriving may 3rd. ill shoot you an email when i get in. if youre in erie maybe we could meet up at the avonia tavern for wings. anyhow thanks for the heads up on the steelhead report. didnt know how many fish might be hanging around with the cold weather erie has been receiving.

thanks again for the response.                                              mike

Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1887
    RE: steelhead ? 2007/04/17 07:06:06 (permalink)
    If you are going to be there anyway, I'd come ready to fish.
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: steelhead ? 2007/04/17 07:48:41 (permalink)
    I'd ship it...If you have the passion and the time while you're here, don 't think twice about it.  There are still fish in the streams and in the bay....you never know by then.  Good Luck!

fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2215
    RE: steelhead ? 2007/04/19 20:01:00 (permalink)
    there are fish in the streams, its just not liek ti is in november where a 3 year old could cathc them.  A little work, walking and fishing skill will get u a nice steely.  If ur coming, why not fish?
    chasinrainbows
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 189
    RE: steelhead ? 2007/04/19 23:06:17 (permalink)
    stay away. here goes the neighborhood. well the brighter side I will be working and wont have to deal with ya. oh boy drunk fest comin up
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2215
    RE: steelhead ? 2007/04/20 10:52:23 (permalink)
    Montana you should take your own advice
    'you cant catch em if you aint fishin for em'
    montanafishrmn
    Novice Angler
    RE: steelhead ? 2007/04/20 14:20:58 (permalink)
    chasin,
     the neighborhood just might go to hell for a few days. i was wondering, have you prepared a cooler for my arrival yet? i would hope  by now you have one waiting. cant wait to hear you and steve sing ymca at karaoke, i hear its quite a show.

fisherofmen,
     i fully intend on taking my own advice. in fact the reason for my trip home is specifically to fish for eyes at night. i am going to ship my steelhead gear and will probably fish for steelhead, or pelletheads during the weekdays.

is anybody catching crappies? wouldnt mind taking a few of those back to montana with me along with walleye and perch.

chasinrainbows
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 189
    RE: steelhead ? 2007/04/21 02:05:17 (permalink)
    callc me. the crappies are big this year in the pond that justin and I are fishing
    Jump to: