They are on the way!

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
uglyfish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 561
  • Reward points: 0
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/20 21:09:07 (permalink)
If you fish for them there is no lift and set technic. They will bite don't believe the people out there they say they don't. They sound and look foolish watching them snagging and then to drive from hours away to snag fish just doesn't make any sense to me.
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/20 21:23:35 (permalink)
Parce que le pot doit etre remue...........

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/20 23:11:07 (permalink)
freytown
Fishing was good today in the ball field section. I saw many hook-ups and fish landed.....me , well not so good, but had a great time.   I need more practice on the lift and set maneuver. FT

The lift and set maneuver is not fishing.it is snagging.What you saw today is Aholes getting a bend on their rod anyway they can.[sm=****.gif]

twobob
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1674
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/21 04:59:26 (permalink)
hot tuna
pourquoi ne vous remuez le pot

Creo que tienes al revés. Fichy es la celebración de la cuchara!
fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/21 06:40:36 (permalink)
Although I do well in some creative pursuits, insult trading  doesn't seem to be one of them. I like to fish. To that end, I put up with the other nonsense.  If any get some satisfaction that they helped me to decide to not bother with this forum , more power to them. Happy fishing. Guess I'll stick to the DSR reports- they are at least in English.
twobob
Pro Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/21 12:28:05 (permalink)
Clint S
Parce que le pot doit etre remue...........

Pero revolviendo la olla en el ST no tiene el mismo resultado que se hace aquí!
No me podría importar menos.
Me resulta curioso que algunas personas no pueden simplemente dejarlo solo
twobob
Pro Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/21 12:31:48 (permalink)
fichy
Although I do well in some creative pursuits, insult trading  doesn't seem to be one of them. I like to fish. To that end, I put up with the other nonsense.  If any get some satisfaction that they helped me to decide to not bother with this forum , more power to them. Happy fishing. Guess I'll stick to the DSR reports- they are at least in English.

hmmm que pueden haber iniciado el juego traducción.
Me pregunto si alguien podría volver a leer el hilo y descubrir?

hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/21 17:22:10 (permalink)
I don't understand the point.  I lurk over there on that site and only lurk after revoking my decision to join , don't interact , give my useless opinions or comments . The zoo is free to roam as they wish..
The point I don't understand is why it sometimes refers to this forum, and, gets brought here in some form .. If folks don't like this place then why must they keep sticking a sharp poke every now and zen.
I don't poke there but will retort back in a subtle way to please keep it there. I don't need no hurt feelings report, just no need for dirty laundry from those that feel slighted due to the fact that this is a public forum run by Fish USA about fishing and other outdoor activities ,not their personal no holds barred playground. Yes, there is and should be censorship on "this"" forum..
Have I crossed the line myself ? Well maybe back in the Grizz & Chrome days about the troll snaggers but as you can see they mostly found a new zoo to play in and this place has become about real people who share like minded ideas about fishing. I wish those 2 mentioned above would come back because they were a wealth of knowledge and considered friends . It may be boring to the drama seekers but it suits me just fine .
I needed to polish up on French , will be in Paris for work in 3 weeks , not that I like dealing with Ice Frogs .   
Peace & Tuna

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
twobob
Pro Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/22 04:03:56 (permalink)
The point is I don't get the point of fichy being a member at Salmon Time.
He could have stayed a lurker but felt the need to read NHB and joined the site.

Then he felt the need to zubtly let it be known.
Did he think nobody would notice?
I don't know.

Iz it that he feelz a need to be offended and play the victim card?
I don't know.

What I do know iz that I have tried hard to be honezt and get along with people here.
It waz a good zite at one time.

Az to your comment about this being a a fizhing zite  and cenzorship is needed.
How doez Clint'z chicken coop thread have anything to do with fizhing?
All zites are more than juzt fizhing.

I have fished with and like Clint but if this is strictly a fishing site it should have been deleted.

I was hoping to get posting here somemore once I started fishing this fall but this is doubtful at this point.

Sorry fichy if I ruined your experience on this site.
I will not clutter up this board with my thoughts anymore.

As to the board back and forth.
Drake doesn't like some people here.
You know that and you know who I mean.
He posts **** because he knows you guys lurk  and he knows he will get a rise.

It is easy enough to hit the ignore button but then how would anyone get  to feel insulted

Tuna perhaps this kind of discussion should be via PM from now on.

I will still lurk here and get PMs.
Not going to hide it.
Just don't feel the need to post.
Unless someone throws a stone and then I will respond with a rock.
But I will do it on the site where it was tossed not some other site.

Peace !
A good life and good fishing to all here!

Doublebob out.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/22 07:03:20 (permalink)
public forum run by Fish USA about fishing and other outdoor activities

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/22 08:52:44 (permalink)
Can't we all just get along and take things for what they are. I jab my friends all the time in good fun and they hit me back. TB ,fichy,HT L13 Rg and all others (except one maybe)I hope to see you here AND on the river this season

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/22 22:06:36 (permalink)
This will be the last time I derail Jacks thread until I see him in person next week to apologize .
I know your a night stalker . and you may do as you feel necessary 2bob , even if it's a rock .
I do not have enough fingers and toes to add up to the good people I have met through this forum now and even then in the waderboy days that I either see on a regular basis or can call them anytime to say lets go fishing .
Sadly , many have left due to the drama created amoungst some who feel drama is necessary . To say this " was" a good forum is false. It became a shoot show way back then , that's why they moved on . Those here now are either old dogs that can deal with the bs like me or still have a desire to meet like minded fishers , share insight , waters and adventures . I see those desires diminishing here from the posts like this , and yes I partake in , that probaly keep people at bay
The end
Peace & Tuna

bigbear2012
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 725
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 08:59:05 (permalink)
Sites come and sites go.  For whatever reason tensions flare and then things work out....or don't.  I read, post and enjoy all to keep myself entertained and thinking about the enjoyment I get from fishing the tribs. I have been a part of and priviy to many an internet clash and have come to realize....they are as meaningless as the words of a politician.
Keep up the good posting and entertaining banter.  It all takes our mind off those things in life that really matter.  I'd hoist a beer, net a fish or spend an afternoon stream side BSing with any of you

wishin i was fishin
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 10:16:17 (permalink)
Drop a line when U come west, maybe we can cross paths, Oh large ursine one!
bigbear2012
Expert Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 11:03:14 (permalink)
That would be nice lucky

wishin i was fishin
freytown
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 11:23:01 (permalink)
pafisher
freytown
Fishing was good today in the ball field section. I saw many hook-ups and fish landed.....me , well not so good, but had a great time.   I need more practice on the lift and set maneuver. FT

The lift and set maneuver is not fishing.it is snagging.What you saw today is Aholes getting a bend on their rod anyway they can.[sm=****.gif]

The lift and set maneuver was how everyone and I mean everyone was fishing???? I'm a newbie to the SR and if these fish are going to die, does it really matter what method one uses? I don't want to start cluster F but I believe fish the way that makes one happy. Am I looking at this the wrong way? 
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 11:33:14 (permalink)
freytown
pafisher
freytown

The lift and set maneuver was how everyone and I mean everyone was fishing???? I'm a newbie to the SR and if these fish are going to die, does it really matter what method one uses? I don't want to start cluster F but I believe fish the way that makes one happy. Am I looking at this the wrong way? 

You can try that argument with the Justice of the Peace when you go to answer your ticket if you happen to hit a day when the ECO's are out.  Dynamite would make some of these guys happy, reduce the time it takes to fill the cooler and get them into the bar faster.  The Jerk is supposed to be at the fish end of the rod, not vise versa. 

Did you snag that musky?  Kind of denigrates you and the fish to suggest that, doesn't it?
freytown
New Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 11:45:40 (permalink)
It's a northern pike not a musky....and I released the fish anyway. As I plan on releasing any salmon I may land. Anyway, if ECO's were there Tuesday, they would have needed a large bus to take everyone to the JP.....just sayin'
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 12:24:35 (permalink)
And it ruins it for folks that are actually fishing. All the ripping ad slashing shuts down any chance for a good take

bigbear2012
Expert Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 12:39:26 (permalink)
If that's your way of "fishing", you should pm our local Ohio troll, you two would have a great time

wishin i was fishin
freytown
New Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 14:14:20 (permalink)
Clint S
And it ruins it for folks that are actually fishing. All the ripping ad slashing shuts down any chance for a good take

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/37926.html

"Once salmon enter the river they are no longer actively feeding. Despite this, they do exhibit behaviors that make them vulnerable to traditional sportfishing techniques."

Me thinks many of you folks are just jealous that some have developed a successful approach to place a hook into a salmons mouth. Do anyone of you actual fish or do you just sit at the "puter" whining about others success?? I'll be at the ball field Monday and Tuesday honing my lift and set maneuver. Get off the keyboard and  join me. If I get a hook-up I'll gladly let you reel one in. See ya there. FT
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 15:05:20 (permalink)
While it's not really worth the effort , I will respond anyway.
They can not physically feed in late August either but many are still caught , not snagged . Why ?
I have fished the river for almost 40 years actually fishing for salmon and getting them to strike, not snagged (lined or whatever people chose to call snagging .
This debate has gone on since the beginning . Until you actually try and fish for them and figure out how to catch ( not hook ) them , folks will never change .
For that reason , I have chosen to scale back my time on the river during salmon season to almost non existent .
It's not the fishing that discourages me , it's the people's attitude towards the fish

bigbear2012
Expert Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 15:14:11 (permalink)
well said tuna

wishin i was fishin
twobob
Pro Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 15:35:12 (permalink)
freytown
Clint S

"Once salmon enter the river they are no longer actively feeding. Despite this, they do exhibit behaviors that make them vulnerable to traditional sportfishing techniques."

Me thinks many of you folks are just jealous that some have developed a successful approach to place a hook into a salmons mouth. Do anyone of you actual fish or do you just sit at the "puter" whining about others success?? I'll be at the ball field Monday and Tuesday honing my lift and set maneuver. Get off the keyboard and  join me. If I get a hook-up I'll gladly let you reel one in. See ya there. FT

Troll on!
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 16:42:35 (permalink)
freytown
Clint S

You talk like those that want a bend on their rod and it does n't matter how you get it.Try actually to fish for them and you may be surprised to learn they do "HIT" a fly/lure if you present it correctly.If you are one of those that I mentioned I have no interest in playing with your snagged fish.If however you want to play with a fish that has the hook in it's mouth come up to the fly zone and that's where I'll be "fishing" next week.
freytown
New Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 17:24:10 (permalink)
I find it amusing that you “purist” scoff at a fellow fisherman who chooses to fish differently than you. When all is said and done the results are the same………a salmon with a hook in it’s mouth. Which I will release asap to complete its spawning routine.

But the “purist” are OK with agitating a male and female on their spawning redds.  Well I think that is deplorable and yinz should hang yer heads in shame. I’m fine with the lift and set maneuver, it’s just like nymph fishing or is that taboo too????   FT
freytown
New Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 17:26:00 (permalink)
twobob
freytown
Clint S

Troll on!

I do troll, that's how I got the NPike in my Avatar..........is that taboo too??????
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 17:41:58 (permalink)
I am far from a purist , just a fisherman that follows the regulations set forth to protect the future of our privlage .
It's people that could care less , by hook or crook , that put a strain on the fisherman and force the DEC to enact more regulation .
How do you troll ? By any means possible , like a drake ?
If the regulations say 3 rods per angler do you use 4 ?
If it says artificial only , do you use bait ?

What is the difference in what you are saying then if you reply no .
If you say yes , then your a crook
post edited by hot tuna - 2016/09/23 17:48:38

freytown
New Angler
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 17:44:59 (permalink)
Well, how does C&R protect the future of our privilege??? You guys paint everyone with a broad brush.
chartist
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 925
Re: They are on the way! 2016/09/23 17:48:31 (permalink)
bigbear2012
If that's your way of "fishing", you should pm our local Ohio troll, you two would have a great time

Big Bear, I don't snag...I don't keep fish either....You guys scoffed at my 1/0 circle hooks but they are less likely to snag, imo.  No matter, the biggest fly in my bag is 8.  
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to: