Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..251252253254255.. > >> Showing page 255 of 257
Author
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3055
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2019/01/11 11:34:37 (permalink)
rsquared
BeenThereDoneThat.

Tons of fresh fish and shrimp to be had here and I'm eating NW PA. Crappie. Go figure. 🚀😎

Crappie > Speckled Trout

Blackened Redfish > Any other fish I've ever eaten.  

Fresh shrimp off the boat boiled in Zatarian's Shrimp and Crab Boil > Any other food I've ever eaten

Just had a shrimp boil two weeks ago, with some of the 40# of shrimp we bought on the Mississippi Coast last summer.  Running low though, so 'bout time for another trip down there.  

Red snapper and grouper > than any freshwater fish...
(FEDS have been doing their best the past several years to mess up the recreational snapper fishery but, it is slowly turning back around)

BTDT, I am with the others, you need your head examined, touring the gulf coast and not fishing but, to come to your defense a little, fishing from shore/nearshore can be tough this time of year.

Take a charter out there and get u some....  What part of the 3rd coast are you on?  If you end up in TX at all, I fished all up and down the coast and offshore for 2 years and can get you started.  Plenty of GREAT inland freshwater fishing down there too.....I just soaked in any/all the salt I could while I lived there as I knew my time was limited.

PS - I hope the shutdown comes to an end soon and the workers can start getting paid again....

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6624
Re: Trump... 2019/01/11 11:44:17 (permalink)
Trimmed pink snapper > beaver.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7893
Re: Trump... 2019/01/11 11:54:04 (permalink)
Eyes, very kind of you to offer your expertise.

Yes, I do need my head examined which I have exhibited many times over. (and over and over) But heck where else, but these boards, can a guy have so much fun for free??

I too hope our congress gets their act together.

If ever there was a reason (need) for term limits.......

The law should be named for Pelosi & Schumer.

But the real question, where the hell is the rest of the house and senate hiding, with their heads stuck in the sand (or other places where the sun dont shine)???
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/01/11 11:56:55

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 612
Re: Trump... 2019/01/11 17:09:35 (permalink)
bigbear2012
From the "reality" TV star, drama.....no, not possible.
Trump the destroyer, he ran on that platform, he has cause continuous chaos since he got in.  He and his "trusted team" rigged an election aided by the head of the FBI and the Russians. He has created the biggest deficit ever, with no hope of balancing it with the tax cuts (permanent) he gave the rich.  Now he throws a tantrum and shuts the government down as a bullying tactic to get what he wants.  This is NOT a president, this is someone trying to destroy America.

Big Bear yagot it all wrongyour're blaming the wrong guy Hows the congress with the likes of Pelosi,shumer, ocascio cortez or whatever her name is.Tell me when the deficit has ever been balanced really!!! Did the Russians twist your arm in the voting booth they didn't mine just the thought of a Clinton in white house was all I needed.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2049
Re: Trump... 2019/01/11 19:26:00 (permalink)
While we are taking about this wall , boarder security and this crime wave of destruction illegals bring, I have a few questions.

You know the Tree of Life shooter, which part of our southern boarder did he cross? Jayme Closs' kidnapper, who also murdered both her parents, what part of Mexico was he from?. Dylan Roof and the guy who ran that women over in Charlottesville, they were from El Salvador, ya? Before you try to gimmie some Fox news issue answer. THEY WERE ALL WHITE HICK AMERICAN CITIZENS. Ofcourse you already knew that, amirite?

Now do drugs come from Mexico, yes. But most of them come through legal ports of entry in vehicles, trying to be smuggled by legal citizens. No amount of wall is going to stop that. Terrorists use our northern boarder more than the southern, that's just a fact. Ofcourse the only "facts" yinz believe are the ones Sean, Tucker and that witch Ingram tell you. Again, amirite.

Let's talk about this shutdown. Weeks ago, the Orangeman sat there and said "I'll take the blame for the shutdown, Chuck. I'll shut it down" NOW with people going on 3 weeks and missing their first pay checks he wants to pass the buck. Big surprise. My guess is not many, if any of you , do much flying. With TSA running on skeleton crews and Air Traffic Controlers doing the same what do you think is happening in airports across the the country? Like I said, most of the William Hills on here prolly have flown maybe once in their lives maybe never, but I digress.....

Hopefully the sane Republicans, if there are any left, will help end this shutdown. Maybe McConnell will grow his balls back, who knows... Then maybe they can figure out how to secure the southern boarder after that. I know he promised you the big beautiful wall, but he also said over n over n over n over n over n over..... Mexico was gonna cut you a check.... nice friggin try. Lol. Keep the great up fellas, lmao@all of u.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/11 20:13:43 (permalink)
Pensfan why the sarcastic remarks? Why the reference to Our POTUS as the "Orangeman" or Ingram as a "Witch"?

Why do you say all supporters of Trumps agenda, watch Fox News? Support Hannity or Tucker? Do you know this for certain? After all, in your eyes, many on here haven't the "means" to afford television. Amirite?

Pensfan, you sound highly agitated and at times maybe even postal, in your remarks. Jus'Sayin'. I mean your reference to the "white hick American Citizens" being reason for not having a boarder security that works... see what I'm sayin here? Then you go on to tell us how crucial TSA is so I'm assuming you agree, there "is" bad guys (A/K/A; bad guy illegal aliens) crossing our boarders but we only need keep em out of the airports and not give a chyt about our Southern boarder, unless yinz is flying there? Jus'Askin

Good Grief.... yinz dont suppose it's "Cabin Fever" do ya?

Heyyy maybe a good buckwheat pancake breakfast with whole hog sausage and hot maple syrup will help break that depression.

I hear there's one comin' to a VFD near you..... soon!!

Hope to see yinz there.... 10-4!!!πŸ˜‰
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/01/11 20:17:56

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/11 21:18:32 (permalink)
Ok so first I never said there is no need for boarder security, I said no need for a wall.

Secondly, most of YOU do get everything you spew from Trump, who is orange and his mouth pieces Hannity and Tucker. Also yes and Ingram, who is a witch. As far as TV, they are really dirt cheap so I suppose everyone can afford one. Even the SSI crew.

My comment on the WHITE HICK AMERICAN CITIZENS was in rebuttal to the Fox narrative that the reason to keep immigrants out is they commit crimes. Guess what, WHITE HICK AMERICAN CITIZENS commit crimes also. Dare I say especially the ones weaponized by the crap that comes out of the ORANGEMAN and Fox's mouthes. Remember this little diddy... "There were bad people on both sides." And "JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US!!!"

FINALLY, to get into any airport in the US , atleast past the front door, you need an ID, boarding pass and if traveling abroad **** .So no, illegal immigrants dont go through our TSA. That comment was pointed at the shutdown. And how difficult its gonna to be to travel if these people dont start to get paid for doing their jobs. Ofcourse if one doesnt fly one wouldn't care about the state of airport security and the process of having to board an aircraft.

Once again, own the fact that The Orangehaired Orangutang lied to you all and you sucked it up. Wheres the check from Mexico? Jus ask'In jus say'IN.

And no it's not cabin fever. I think I've hit my limit on stupidity and lies coming from all the Trumptards daily.

Address some of that. Not talk about pancakes 10-4 knowhatimeen??? Of course I dont wanna cut into your Hannity time it is between 9 and 10.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2019/01/11 21:22:12
rsquared
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2014
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 00:34:57 (permalink)
Dear pensfan-

You have established what is called a false dichotomy. Securing the borders (no letter a in borders or the singular border) can and should happen independently of the crimes of white hick Americans.

Also I’m surprised at your use of the β€œtard” suffix to describe somebody whom you think to be of lesser intelligence than you. A good anti Trumper like yourself - who is no doubt concerned about divisive rhetoric and name calling - surely understands what a derogatory label that is these days. Similar to the N word in most circles.
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2246
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 03:49:58 (permalink)
Man the level of anger from both sides is discouraging.  Whatever happened to actual discourse and objectivity?  Dialogue and humility?  Rsquared is correct to point out the false dichotomy there.  
But honestly pensfan...what if you are completely right in every point you are making?  Trump is not that intelligent, he lied, we don't need a wall, lots of varieties of people kill not just illegals, etc etc etc.  What if all of that is true and "your side" is totally justified?  Would that calm you down?  
The bigger issue i see on TV, social media and in encounters with people is such a level of hatred and division...we are eating each other alive.  I am not so naive to suggest "can't we all just get along?"  There will always be disagreement amongst humanity and thank God for it...but it's all about WHAT WE DO AND HOW WE HANDLE the disagreements.  I'm hoping we can have rational dialogue, be able to actually admit when we/our side is wrong, and do the research to learn the truth.  Otherwise we will just descend farther down the toilet bowl of this crap show, drowning fellow Americans as we seek to be right, all the while covered in the same crap!

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 08:04:01 (permalink)
Ok so no a in BORDER big deal. Chalk it up to spell check. The use of "tard" is used only to describe people that blindly follow this orange abomination and hang on his every word no matter what. It is in now way a slur toward special needs people.

I have a couple of what ifs......
1. Is it right that Trump is holding 800K American families hostage over his precious wall? Congress sent him a bill before Christmas to sign. You know why he didnt. FOX N FRIENDS told him not to.. so I ask again, is this right for people to work without getting paid?
2. This whole talking point of the reason for a wall is keep these people out who commit horrible crimes. What about the few cases I stated? None of the actors are immigrants. Wheres the outrage there? I mean this guy couldn't even say Neo Nazis are worse than protestors. Come on dude.

As far as hatred and discourse.... have you turned on Fox and actually listen to half the stuff that comes out of their mouthes. They have been sowing those seeds ever since Bill did what he did with Monica. It just got way worse when the darkie got into the office. You want to dialogue and talk about truth, smoke on some of that truth. Trump started his whole political journey on the birther movement. Which was a huge LIE. Lie meaning not the truth.

I dont need validation from the other side to know I'm right. Common friggin sense shows that. You all like to say she lost, get over it. This has nothing to do with her. She was a bad candidate, obviously. I just for the life of me cant understand how you all turn a blind eye to everything this man does and says.

AND to top it all off there is the whole Russia investigation. Another what if for you. What if there was collusion? Then will you be so proud to stand up for his Orangeness? MAGA. Lmao please. Have it.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2019/01/12 08:25:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 10:06:27 (permalink)
Geeeeeez, the reason for soooo much hate and discontent is, the POTUS lied about who was going to pay for the wall"? Really, that's the best justification the never-Trumpers can do? Well, hang in there, Mr. Trump is still, and will remain, in office for quite some time to come. I've a feeling there may be something to "Promises Made, Promises Kept".

Fox and Friends run's the White House.. Seriously? How about CNN, MSNBC, and the other fake news networks "ruining" our nation for the past 40 years? ALL the while, hiding behind and misusing the First Amendment as their shield.

One has to be far far past an anti-America status, to believe the stuff, spewing from those networks.

Funny thing is, I don't believe the never-Trumpers on this sight do hate the POTUS but merely use Mr. Trump, as a means to direct their anger, hate, and discontent toward the good folks on this sight who have a positive attitude and making a good life for themselves. (A/K/A; the never-Trumpers are jealous as hell)

We have something the never-Trumpers can't take away from us or force us to pay for.

We have the freedom to think and do for ourselves.

So as they say in the old country... "Sticks & Stones........"

on another note, 60 degrees today and maybe.... maybe an afternoon rain shower... stupid rain!!

ICE NUT
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 10:49:54 (permalink)
Don't worry things will be better when Ocasio-cortex and Kamela harris are out POTUS and vice president.Just think all the free stuff medicare,medicaid,college,No ICE,,no border open immigration for all come and get it.Nice high way up there taxes,murder your unborn if you so chose,Be in sryia,afganistan,yemen,and Somalia FOREVER.These are just a few of the wonderful things we can all look forward to in the distant future.BUT the mueller investigation will go on for eternity!!! LMAO
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2045
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 10:50:06 (permalink)
Speaking of derogatory names being used on this site how about these that came from our great president's mouth to the American people ....is this what we teach our children to use insults like this in public ?  How anyone accepts this as normal is beyond me ????
Once again this is a "President" speaking !!!!!

cheatin Obama
Crooked Hillary, nasty woman ,lying Hillary
Crazy Joe Biden, sleepy Joe
"the****" (Rich Blumenthal )
low energy Jeb
slimeball James Comey, (leaky, lying James Comey)
Jeff Flakey  
little Marco
Head clown Chuck Schumer
low IQ crazy Mika
Psycho Joe
Miss Piggy (Miss Universe )
Wacky Jacky
Gov. Moonbeam Brown
Wacky and deranged Omarosa

The list is almost endless of insulting names used by this President , he himself fuels the hatred and division .
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 11:17:26 (permalink)
First Ice Nut, or just Nut...
Your fear of black and brown is so evident it is pathetic. I know you have stated who cares what the world thinks of us. Do you think Bin Laden just woke up one day hating the US? Maybe it was because WE financed and help his freedom fighters against the Russians in Afghanistan. Then promptly left them high and dry. How did that work out for the US? Not so good huh. Kinda like what the ORANGEMAN wants to do in Syria. Leave these freedom fighters on their own against ISIS and the Assad regime. Wonder what will happen?? As far as Mueller goes.. How long did Benghazi go on for? And unlike the later, Mueller has already found a handful of illegal acts and made convictions on said acts. Get a clue. Ofcourse what do I expect. Read somewhere that, out of all the protrump misimformation that flooded Facebook in 2016, guess what demographic shared the most of it. You guess it, 65 and over white men.... haha whodathunkit. But by all means keep up the great. O ya btw abortion is not murder, stop thumping your bible. Awful nice double standard you gave there. Doesnt your "good book" say thou shalt not commit adultery? And doesnt your hero in chief have like 5 kids to 3 different marriages all the while having side piece after side piece? Just asking a good Christian such as yourself

Now for the head cheerleader, BT....you parrot every talking point Fox has put in Your head. The term fake news started when the orangutan started saying it. Does Fox run the whitehouse.... absolutely. Why do you think he didnt sign the spending bill before Christmas? Because his favorite show Fox n Friends said he was caving. Now for the many reasons " never trumpers " hate the man. 1. Lies about the wall. 2. Lies about well everything. 3. How he has destroyed our standing on the world stage. Pulling out of the climate agreement, the trade war, the way he speaks to the UN, I mean does that not matter? 4. Then there is what he does here. Claiming to be a Nationalists. I've said before last leader that preached Nationalism was Adolf Hitler. Learn some history. 5. Then there is the way he takes a tantrum when he doesnt get his way.... like this shutdown. Or when they told him he couldn't have a military parade and drive tanks down Pennsylvania Avenue.

It is nice to see some people still see truth and situation. Thank you very much Brock.

This is all such a sad joke.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2019/01/12 11:21:07
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 11:26:31 (permalink)
Capt, merely affectionate nicknames as compared to derogatory name calling such as being an Orange Orangutan, Tards, etc.

Yep, Mr Trump is the POTUS but ya at least know where he is coming from. How many times in the past have ya seen such transparency?

But Wait, let's deny his success at keeping his promises (which are a clear as the nose on your face) and call it "fueling hatred and division".

This president didn't "create" the hatred and division in this country. This president just does not coward from the "hate and division" by the anti-America movement used to control past presidents and that's why anti-American's hate this POTUS.

Let's play a name game still in use today, in controlling politicians who opposed the anti-America agenda of, keeping our country divided with hate and discontent.

I'll begin......

1. Racist

Your turn!!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/01/12 11:37:55

ICE NUT
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 11:41:01 (permalink)
Well pensfan how long do we stay in these countries without a solution.If no solution why are we there????? Have you ever invested any time in any of these political conflicts??? I for sure have it was a waste then and all of these are a waste also.Know anyone whose life and family have been devastated by these endless conflicts with no end??? I do. You didn't coment on any of my post about what we can look forward to just you whining about trump.You don't think we need a wall or a border,I don't know where you think I fear black and brown,simmply b/c I want a secure border and legal immigration not an invasion!! and your calling me a nut but you are good at calling out names.Im sure  you have been around the world a lot and have most of the answers Have you ever left Allegheny county or do you just get your info from Rachell maddow or chris Matthews. As far as leaving allies and countries high and dry we always do that politicans of whatever party never finish what they started.Think you might feel different if you have a son or daughter that might just have to go to one of these endless conflicts that have bennraging 3 times longer than WW11. Yea us old guys can get a little out of whack sometime but we have what you seem to lack .
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 11:58:48 (permalink)
Head Cheerleader hmmmm, Parroting FoxNews ha haaa.

Pensfan you just cannot accept the fact, there exist Americans, who can think for ourselves. It really is easy, try it, you'll like it.

2020 going to be very interesting as the Millennials develop brain cells and join us "baby boomers" voting out, has-been and show-boating anti-America, congress-'people'.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/01/12 12:02:37

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 12:00:30 (permalink)
NUT

Dude, everyone of my family members, of that generation,  served in WWII, male and female. I had a couple good friends whose parents died in the Towers. So I don't know what point you are trying to make. We all know loss. What sickens me is that my grandfathers fought against part of  what the Orangeman stands for. Isn't this supposed to be the country the world turns to for guidance? The country that people come to while fleeing oppression and strife? What happened to the melting pot? 

As far as fear of black and brown, or more like hate..... That's on you. The reason why I hate the Orangeman is what's on the inside. you hated Obama, dare I say, for what was on the outside. if anyone lacks anything its you. 
post edited by pensfan1 - 2019/01/12 12:10:48
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 12:09:49 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Head Cheerleader hmmmm, Parroting FoxNews ha haaa.

Pensfan you just cannot accept the fact, there exist Americans, who can think for ourselves. It really is easy, try it, you'll like it.

2020 going to be very interesting as the Millennials develop brain cells and vote out, has-been and show-boating anti-America, congressman.

I wouldn't count on that. These kids are smart. They care about the climate, they care about the world we live in and they care about how people treat one another. 2020 huh... Good luck wit dat. They hate the NRA. They want higher pay for all and they don't want strapped to college debt till their 40. They want good health care for a reasonable price and they want fair laws that don't look at skin color. like I said 2020 good luck wit dat. lmao. wow just shows how your generation is so far out of touch with the new one. I have a 9th grader that wont vote in 20 but will after that. Her and all her friends cant stand how things are now. Not because we tell her or them, but because they think for themselves. Use their own eyes and brains. BUT like I SAID Good luck with this 2020 vote.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 12:11:27 (permalink)
Pensfan, Kudos to your family members for their service they shall never be forgotten.

But must "you" go "Racist"? You dont know Nut any more than you know me yet you fire off accusations based solely on what you read into our threads.

Kinda like the "fake news" picking out key words and spinning them to fit their narrative. Ohhhhhhh Hellllll...... you dont work for CNN, do yinz?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/01/12 12:12:56

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 12:41:14 (permalink)
Good to hear your kids care about the climate and the world too.

Just for chyts and giggles, the laws pertaining to protecting our climate and even the world. Got any idea when and by who, those laws were created and enacted? Dam old people... huh?

But you see, we "boomers" knew what those laws were intended for and so now we dont like how those laws are being abused, twisted and turned to fit special interest groups or people who exploit those laws for their own personal agenda.

I especially like Mr. Trumps agenda of, not ending these programs, but the stopping of wasteful spending and use to control industry creating jobs. (A/K/A; controlling competition.)

May I remind you of millions in taxes invested in a "green" industry that went immediately bankrupt? Maybe the name Al Gore will help explain my feelings. See what I'm SayIN.?

Of course this is just my personal observation based on hearing the POTUS first hand then actually seeing "Promises Made, Promises Kept" with my own eyes.

Now if having to watch the POTUS (first hand) address our nation on FoxNews, shame on me.... huh? Maybe I should watch on CNN, once they have a chance to re-write the original speech and tell me, what they want me to hear. You know, like the Millennials get their info.

As for 2020..... wanna bet a buckwheat pancake and whole hog sausage with hot maple syrup, supper?

ICE NUT
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 14:53:23 (permalink)
Stopping a beating heart is not murder that pretty much sums u up pens fan
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 16:01:48 (permalink)
It never ceases to amaze me on how some care so much about the unborn but could give a crap less after they come out. You take away their food programs, you vote to take away their health coverage, you cut their education programs and you cut their housing. And those are just those that live here now. GOD FORBID some total destitute immigrate kid wants to come here. Heck you let ICE kill em before they even think about it. Who does that sum up? Hmmmmmm. But by all means keep thumping away.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2019/01/12 16:19:36
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 19:48:31 (permalink)
R3G3, ICE NUT, BTDT, didn't anybody warn you about feeding the trolls. They're good liberals, so you can never do enough for them and they get hungrier and hungrier. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Always remember the 2nd rule of Liberalism. "Liberals never believe what they're doing is wrong; they only believe they haven't been allowed to do enough of it to make it work".

Wow! That looks just like my current tag line.
post edited by EMitch - 2019/01/12 19:49:45

Liberals never believe what they're doing is wrong. They only believe they've not been allowed to do enough of it to make it work!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 20:09:26 (permalink)
Pensfan do you speak of the handouts going to free loading migrants or the Social Security Benefits (leached by the likes of Pelosi and Schumer) "hard working" Americans will never see?

Tell me again how smart most Millennials are. Paying all their lives for free handouts going to others then come time to retire..... nobody gives a rats asz about ya, cause you worked hard and made too much money all your life.

So you say you can afford to build a nice nest egg for retirement & take care of yourself. That's really great 'cause when SS no longer exist, the likes of Chuck & Nancy be hooking your pension, to support their vote plantations.

Millennials are on a "Play now, pay later" program. Do you really want your children having a future where there is, no future?

As they say in the old country, "Nothing Comes Free".

So when everything is free, there comes nothing.

See what I'm SayIN here?

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 20:15:26 (permalink)
eMitch, just trying to do my part as a God fearing Red Blooded American..... feeding the needy.

rsquared
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2014
Re: Trump... 2019/01/12 20:38:58 (permalink)
pensfan1
It never ceases to amaze me on how some care so much about the unborn but could give a crap less after they come out. You take away their food programs, you vote to take away their health coverage, you cut their education programs and you cut their housing. And those are just those that live here now. GOD FORBID some total destitute immigrate kid wants to come here. Heck you let ICE kill em before they even think about it. Who does that sum up? Hmmmmmm. But by all means keep thumping away.

Most R politicians SAY they care about the unborn, but as we saw over the last two years of inaction, Planned Parenthood is still fully funded at pre-Trump levels.  They SAY it to get votes.  Many of us that held our noses and voted for Trump at the thought of a conservative Supreme Court that might someday overturn a genocidal and racist practice that has killed 8 times more innocent humans in the US than the Holocaust see now that the words were hollow.  

Shame on me for believing it, but I'll own it and say that I am embarrassed that I voted for him hoping that people around him would temper him and that he might act in a manner befitting the office of POTUS, while doing some of the things he said he would do.

However, many common folks - maybe some you might describe with derogatory words to insult our intelligence - will continue to do more than any government on earth ever will do for children born into poverty; families that can't make ends meet; etc, etc.  And we absolutely better, because you and others are exactly right in saying that it does no good to say that we care about human life and do nothing about it.  

Take away individuals, churches/faith communities; non-profits and private businesses that do these things that nobody knows about, and care for the less fortunate becomes a public/government burden that no government could ever bear.  The truth is, we will ALWAYS have the poor among us, and 3/4 of the world's population will live in an economic situation that is far below even US poverty standards.  There are 7.7 billion people in the world.  No single government entity and no private individual or agency can provide for all of them.  

It'd be akin to me saying that the person that says dogs and cats shouldn't be discarded at kill shelters, but yet refuses to adopt every stray animal in their county is a hypocrite.  It just simply can't be done.  

Every child in the US has access to healthcare and education.  Not all of it is equal.  But then again, my healthcare access isn't equal to the CEO of UPMC, or the Democrat members of Congress, and my education wasn't equal to somebody whose parents were millionaires.  

post edited by rsquared - 2019/01/12 20:40:56
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2584
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/01/13 10:58:43 (permalink)
Let's wade through some of the rebuttals I just read.

1. Planned parenthood does more than "kill babies". They supply much needed support for young mothers that need the help preparing for a child. They furnish birth control, that helps stop unwanted pregnancies. They help with adoptions of children that cant be supported by birth parents. So I dont understand what the problem is. Planned parenthood actually stops more abortions. Am I right or no? I'm seriously asking.

2. We should all do our part to furnish help for the less fortunate. Whether it be time or monies donated. My family personally, donates money at ever collection at church. My kids help run drives at school. So yes we should all try to help out when we can. Not say " F these deadbeats, these takers. Why should I help them? no one helps me."

As far as SSI. You are correct. It is probably not going to be around when I am old enough to collect and **** sure not when my kids are old enough. That's why we save money now. A lot of money. My family is lucky enough to have great jobs and great health coverage. Our girls, if they do it right, should be set after college. Graduate debt free and have a good start on adulthood.

3. Roe v Wade is settled law. There are many more older, outdated and archaic laws on the books that need looked at. But that's probably a discussion for another time.

4. Let's talk about the "green" movement and how it was squashed back in the early 2000s. Maybe that happened because Exxon and other Big Oil have been running the country for the last few decades? Heck, they still insist on drilling for oil and burning coal. Orangeman speaks of "clean coal" as if there is such a thing. So as 100 year storms happened regularly, hurricanes get stronger and stronger and more frequent and the seas rise and warm....some still stand up and shout that the climate science is still not settled. You cant make people see what they choose not to. Maybe Miami or New Orleans or even Manhattan need to become Atlantis before they will see? By that time it'll be too late.

5. Always makes me laugh when you all call a liberal or someone who doesnt agree on here a troll. Guess that's the go to when no one wants to actually address the questions said liberals bring to the table as I just have.

6. AND for the topic du jour. This whole border wall and shutdown. Of course Mueller is digging up more and more each day but personally I feel Americans not getting paid for jobs they have to do is much more pressing right now.
Any of you ever have to do a job and not get paid? I suspect if you did maybe you would feel differently about this shutdown. ORANGEMAN sat there and said he would shut it down. He would take responsibility for it. And he is ready to make it last as long as needed. So why does he and his pundits lay it at the feet of the newly elected Democratic Congress? All he had to do was sign the spending bill before Christmas, go to Florida for break and come back to work on border security. Instead he heard on Fox and right wing radio shows that he was caving. Now before you gimmie the old "Promises made BS" where did he promise 800k Americans that he was going to cost them paychecks? And with tax time coming possibly more Americans much more money due to a shutdown he caused?
Yes we do need tighter border security but dont you think 5B could be spent in better ways. Add drones, add more agents, add better screening measures. Most of the southern border is very rugged and almost impassable anyway. Just look at a map. More drugs and illegals are smuggled in through open legal ports by legal citizens anyway. Does no one understand? Now do some try to sneak in, absolutley. As I said take some of that money and install some tech. Are you trying to tell me they cant use drones to patrol those areas? Again I am seriously asking..

SO instead of some crap about feeding the troll or liberals are stupid or MAGA. Hows about answering some questions I just asked? Or maybe even discuss counterpoints you have? If any of you are capable of calm , collected conversation. If not I can do this all day. I have nothing better to do than call out and argue. I dont want to because I'd like some serious answers but....I like playing the "bad guy" it suits me. So balls in your court. Nut, BT and Emitch. Sorry if I left anyone out but I'd like to hear from whoever.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2019/01/13 11:04:13
JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 308
Re: Trump... 2019/01/13 11:56:21 (permalink)
crappiefisher
https://www.washingtonpos...utm_term=.f76b50f68d62

When an opinion becomes a lie when someone disagrees with it, then we all lie a dozen times a day.
Page: << < ..251252253254255.. > >> Showing page 255 of 257
Jump to: