trout beads

Author
centerpin_drift
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 205
  • Reward points: 0
2008/01/29 09:34:24 (permalink)

trout beads

Hey just wondering any guys ever used these trout beads, looks like they be good. I hate using single eggs this might be the next best thing check it out. If anyone has let me know what you though of them....I know they knock the hell outta RainBows.( Troutbeads.com )   they have a beautiful selection.

Centerpin_Drift!

Get the Drift !!!!!

3 Replies Related Threads

go-n-fishn
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 225
    RE: trout beads 2008/01/29 09:45:52 (permalink)
    I use a 1/4 " dia. red bead on a hook ( build up the hook shank & super glue) or 1/2" to 1" above a bare hook and peg it. I haven't tried any other colors yet. I do have some smaller ones in different colors I'm going to try for trout this year. The 1/4" dia. worked good for steelhead.

There will be days when fishing is better than ones optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.
    **Roderick Haig-Brown
    Fisherboy86
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 130
    RE: trout beads 2008/01/30 09:37:16 (permalink)
    I did not like the idea of using beads for fishing, but I decided to try them this past fall for lake run fish on Ontario Tribs. I bought some orange beads with a light dot in them that look exactly like a salmon egg (from Joann Fabrics).

I tried them on Oak Orchard and the Salmon River, and I must say, they do work well. I did not catch any steelhead on them, but brown trout loved them. I would peg the bead 6"-7" above a sucker spawn or glo bug. It is hard to tell, but I would say I caught half of my fish on the bead, and half on the fly. 

But even though they worked, I have not used them since the first two times. There are better methods of fishing for me than using a glass or plastic ball.

Best,
    Michael Foreman
    chrisrowboat
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 688
    RE: trout beads 2008/02/01 12:56:45 (permalink)
    They make a great attractor for fishing in NY. Trout bead, small s/s, then whatever fly you want.
    Chris
    Jump to: