GOOD FLIES NEED A HOME!

Author
flirod4evr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 208
  • Reward points: 0
2008/01/27 16:01:06 (permalink)

GOOD FLIES NEED A HOME!

I just got done cleaning out my boxes and have a good amount of flies that are perfectley fine that need someone to open up thier box for them. If you want them just make a post (preferably since Im not so familiar with the whole pm thing) then send me a prepaid container postmarked to yourself with a container to put them in. If you want ot make a "donation" to me along with the package feel free but none is required. Most are flies that I tied and never used but some are flies that I received in assortments that I have no use for or some may be ones that were given to me.

5 Replies Related Threads

T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: GOOD FLIES NEED A HOME! 2008/01/27 16:04:49 (permalink)
    Indsguiz - One Fly donation???
    flirod4evr
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 208
    RE: GOOD FLIES NEED A HOME! 2008/01/27 20:03:30 (permalink)
    Not sure dont know about the "one fly" if someone tells me about it then maybe.

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8505
    RE: GOOD FLIES NEED A HOME! 2008/01/27 20:06:22 (permalink)
    Oil Creek?

indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6354
    RE: GOOD FLIES NEED A HOME! 2008/01/27 23:30:48 (permalink)
    flirod4ever,
          The "One Fly" is an annual gathering of fly fishermen on Columbus Day Weekend to participate in a fishing contest in which you only get ONE FLY to fish with.  When you loose your fly you are out.  We generally get together, have a cook out, fish, eat, then I give away prizes to the "winners"  Usually 1st prize is a fully restored antique fly rod, 2d is a classic fiberglass rod and then flies, line, fly boxes, hats, ect.
           I either make, restore, or buy the major prizes but I am always open to donations from some of the fellow tyers who want to show off their stuff.  Bughawk helps out with the food and last year Skip did the cooking.  There are many others who help out, and I try to make sure there is a door prize for everyone.  We also have jr, and ladies competitions.
           It seems like everyone has a good time and I keep hoping to make it bigger.  There is NEVER any entance fee, and all fishing has to be done on public waters.  If you just search for One Fly on the old posts you will see pictures from last years' gathering.    Indsguiz.  The Spring Oil City Gathering is also a fine occasion that could use any support you feel like giving.   Maybe We'll see you at the "One Fly" this year.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6354
    RE: GOOD FLIES NEED A HOME! 2008/01/27 23:43:07 (permalink)
    flirod4evr,
         The "One Fly" is an annual gathering of fly fishermen whose purpose is to promote fly fishing on the Erie Tribs.  We usually get together on Columbus Day weekend and have a cook out, eat, fish, and then give away prizes to the winnere.  The 1st prize is usually a fully restored antique bamboo flyrod, 2d is a classic fiberglass rod, then we give away donated items like flies, fly boxes, line, kits, hats, ect.
          I usually restore the bamboo rod and buy the fiberglass rod and make sure they have period correct reels on them. Other people from this site help out with food, cooking, clean-up and taking new anglers out as teams.  We also have  classes for Jr's and ladies.  So what T.T. is suggesting is that you donate the flies to the "One Fly" to be given as door prizes.  If you donate the flies I'm sure we could get someone to donate fly boxes.
           Anyone is welcome to participate and there is never an entrance fee.  I want this thing to be free for all to attend.  If you search this site for One Fly I'm sure you can find pictures of this years' event.
          The  Oil City Gathering is also a fly fishing gathering held in the spring and I'm sure they would put the flies to good use also.
         BTW > > >  T.T.  Wait till this year.  Hopefully it'll knock your socks off.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    Jump to: