Helpful ReplyPYMATUNING FISHING REPORT

Page: << < ..5657585960.. > >> Showing page 60 of 72
Author
fishfighter1
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 42
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 12:25:06 (permalink)
Have them do like they do in the Maumee river in the spring. Go to single hooks on their lures and see how their "catching" goes then. Hard to snag them with a single hooks!
workcanwait....
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 15:38:04 (permalink)
Single hook thing wont work...they do that up on Salmon River NY and people just adjusted to it SNAGGING is still common.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3350
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 17:27:50 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
There are rumors, perhaps a few more calls to the PUFBC will encourage the idea. Than again those fishing the "circus" may well be calling, to discourage the idea.

Also I would think the suppliers of Walleye fry, for stocking, would be saddened to hear a greater possibility of natural reproduction might be on the horizon .

Way too many carp in the AREA for the natural reproduction thingy to be on the menu 
The Crappie/Perch bite was very good for us last week.

crappy
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 17:32:07 (permalink)
woodnickle
 There was a guy telling his buddy about the 68 walleye he caught at the spillway. He would catch his limit ....take them home...then go back at midnight and catch another limit. So the mysterious walleye that elude me really just aren,t there. I would like to see no fishing allowed on that wall.....just crazy with the amount of fish pulled from there. Any thoughts? 

I agree 100 % ! It's a joke what goes on there by most people fishing there. I won't even call them fishermen ! Anybody that fishes there and tells me they caught fish legally there I'm not one to believe them. I have never fished there,(and never will ) but have watched from the top guard rail and it's pitiful to say the least ! Sonar snagging , and lifting is all I seen. Can't believe the Pa. Fish Commission is that STUPID to allow that to carry on this long! They cut Walleye stocking all across our area lakes then allow this fiasco to go on !

I can't imagine what takes place at night when all the fish cops are home sleeping.
I agree FF put a single hook on and see what they catch ? Nada !!!!

I've wrote the Fish Commission and signed my name several years now and not a peep from them. Policing that area has done nothing, they need to section it out during spawning season and post it No Fishing to breaker wall. Simple solution to a major snag zone .
mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 18:09:14 (permalink)
I also agree with you Captain and y'all ...I have always said this is BS ...Have never fished that way and never plan to. Probably not the fisherman that some of you guys are but anyhow sounds like at least we all do it the right way. I usually don't hit the water until right around now but I would rather go out ,boat around, drifting and trolling if I have a good day this is great if not well always tomorrow , I can at least say I tried it the right way .... good luck to y'all , my deer hot sticks and bologna is almost gone so need to put some Crappie and walleye in the freezer 😜👍🍺

STEVE.
opsman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 265
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 18:58:08 (permalink)
Shut it down til mid May and bring back the 10hp  restriction...sorry, I'm a purist, lol

"Fair winds and following seas..."
PArussian
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 19:48:47 (permalink)
Here is my thought on the 10 hp , motor A lot of 20 hp motors have 9.9 hp stickers on them and a lot of 25 + hp motors have 20 hp or less. Stickers on them they need to ck ser # on some ck some of the lakes. .....The PFC will get a lot of money just saying...
walleye taker
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 129
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 20:28:11 (permalink)
Man!! guys!! Come on let's get out and fish. And enjoy no matter what we catch isn't that what's it about anyway. All this doom and gloom.
Can't catch any fish , this guy is snagging, this guy has to big of motor. Anyone and I mean anyone that has fished pym for yrs knows it goes in cycles. Good yrs and bad yrs but keep after them and even in the off yrs you will end up with a few. I fished the lake for about 40 yrs and have only missed 1 trip to the lake in all that time. I spend about a month 1/2 every year on the water.

Things will get better trust me put the time in and the fish will come it's been a slow start seen it before many times .
Tight lines to all.
post edited by walleye taker - 2017/05/02 20:29:29
treesparrow
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 20:37:49 (permalink)
  I have never fished the wall and never intend to it just isn't my idea of an enjoyable outing. I have stood above and observed and have seen few caught and they were legit catches. I ice fish with sonars-vib's- cicadas, and have yet to snag an eye with them and when they are aggressive they will have those things clear down their throats. I know it sounds impossible but they are effective lures. Sometimes I cast them and retrieve them and take eyes. However I watched a boat nearby one evening take a three man limit of 18 and most were snagged. They would drop to the bottom let it set for second or two then snatch it up quite fast. I think the eyes would come real close to see what just dropped on bottom then get hooked on the up snap. In the same time period my brother and I fair hooked three.
  I would have said something to them but one was a 10-12 year old and I  didn't want to shame the Father in front of the boy. I am soft that way and deserve a tong lashing for not putting an end to it but the lad didn't know any better and was having a ball. To bad he had cheating teacher. Trouble is he is probably grown up and teaching others the trick.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 21:17:20 (permalink)

Had some luck the other day,  could have limited out except, for the ones that got away  ............  Just can't say where cause yinz know I don't 'spot burn' 

No eggs in any of the fish.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 21:46:23 (permalink)
Nice catch there BTDT ..... congrats 👍

STEVE.
nerka
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 22:52:01 (permalink)
walleye taker
Man!! guys!! Come on let's get out and fish. And enjoy no matter what we catch isn't that what's it about anyway. All this doom and gloom.
Can't catch any fish , this guy is snagging, this guy has to big of motor. Anyone and I mean anyone that has fished pym for yrs knows it goes in cycles. Good yrs and bad yrs but keep after them and even in the off yrs you will end up with a few. I fished the lake for about 40 yrs and have only missed 1 trip to the lake in all that time. I spend about a month 1/2 every year on the water.

Things will get better trust me put the time in and the fish will come it's been a slow start seen it before many times .
Tight lines to all.

well said you are correct
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/02 23:08:42 (permalink)
walleye taker
Can't catch any fish , this guy is snagging, this guy has to big of motor.

Tight lines to all.

No gloom and doom here, just stating facts about a bad fishing situation out of control for years. Doesn't take a college degree to see something that just isn't right. I've seen plenty of snaggers and lifters in my many years of fishing 3 states for over 40 years and that Spillway is a prime example of a snagging haven ! Do I blame them for all the bad fishing.... never did , but if it's such a great spot for catching legal Walleyes why are they all caught on vertical jigging lures only? I guess that's all spring Walleye bite on ? Bring your vertical jigging lures down on the south end of Pymy now and show me how good they legally produce against my stick baits. 

Nice BTDT  ...friends were doing good on Shenango Crappie, but now that winter is back who knows!
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 01:18:05 (permalink)
Where all invited to the fish fry at BTDT house. Way to go dude. Are crappie the NEW eyes of Pymy.lol  Can't figure out why you guys aren't crushing the eyes. Still time but something up with the fishing this year there. I glad you didn't take advantage of spawning fish like I did.lol I sometimes wonder what the impact of carp in the lake does?  Any thoughts? 
nerka
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 10:02:54 (permalink)
like nigels quote in spinal tap,,,, there primaraly bread eaters   ... the carp lol
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 10:10:47 (permalink)
Dam straight Big Tuna, fish fry anytime. Just, BYOF and beer too. lol

Can't say I haven't been trying for 'eyes' at Pymie, 'cause I been practicing my jigging technique so I'm ready when they transition back to deeper water.

Now all I need is for the stupid gale force winds to cease and, the fish to start hitting jigs in deep water, sometime bright and early around noonish.😉

Hey..... how 'bout a carp fry? yummy!!!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/05/03 10:22:04

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

nerka
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 10:14:27 (permalink)
just throwing this out fellas ,,,,buuuuuuuuut what impact do you think the BLUE ARMY and there overloaded human flotillas  of endless trawling have on the walleye   ,,,,or for that matter all species of fish they target ????????
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 10:39:49 (permalink)
Nerka I was launching the 'FishHawk' one day last week as a pontoon tied to a joining dock. On board, 6 teenage girls, 6 pre-teen to teenage boys and one adult male operator. The young people all scurried from the boat heading to the RRs while the operator went to a vehicle, retrieved a bag of ice and dumped it into a cooler aboard the boat. A very large cooler!!!

I didn't ask questions, I just didn't want to know but, you can be the judge.

smally hunter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 287
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 11:52:20 (permalink)
I'll say back in March we were catching some of the biggest bluegils on lake Wilhelm .. everyday I was there , there was plenty on blue coats around carrying large stringers of fish out in waves .. not saying that lake can't take it but it was a lot of fish none the less
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 12:10:55 (permalink)
I have no problem with any people keeping their legal limits of fish, it's their right by established fishing laws and limits. What I don't understand is keeping all panfish or perch only 3"-4" long ? One should also realize letting some go establishes future breeding stock.

I'll admit Amish have a way of over harvesting game and fish to the point they ruin it for themselves as well as others .  
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 20:35:41 (permalink)
There's two ways to eat them baby fish,fry them hard or grind them. I've done neither but have ask many who keep them small ones. lol  The only baby fish I eat are smelt and boneless,skinless sardines in olive oil.lol
opsman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 265
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 20:45:56 (permalink)
I prefer Swedish...

"Fair winds and following seas..."
nerka
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 23:29:52 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
I have no problem with any people keeping their legal limits of fish, it's their right by established fishing laws and limits. What I don't understand is keeping all panfish or perch only 3"-4" long ? One should also realize letting some go establishes future breeding stock.

I'll admit Amish have a way of over harvesting game and fish to the point they ruin it for themselves as well as others .  

agreed 
nerka
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/03 23:33:19 (permalink)
they have no concept of conservation  they think for the most part they are entitled to over harvesting  

post edited by nerka - 2017/05/03 23:37:17
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1257
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/04 11:34:42 (permalink)
I don't know about the amish but the fishing still stinks on pymie right now.We fish it 2 to 3 times a week a couple crappies here and there a couple gills and a few dink perch. I'm docked out of Linesville and ive talked to many who come in fron a long dat of fishing with nothing to speak of!! Wife got I nice crappie and 2 gills in the stumps yesterday me I got another skunk also with a bunch of others. Sincemy boats has been in Ive seen NO AMISH out maybe they know something we don't.  HOPE it picks up
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/04 12:01:34 (permalink)
BINGO...... when der dutchman don't fish der fish don't bite.

Time to hitch der team and plant der corn... YAH?

Truthfully, the Dutch consume what they harvest, unlike some of der Englishman who will keep thier catch for mere bragging rights, then toss em in der garbage can. YAHHHhhh!!!

VKT
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/04 17:41:57 (permalink)
Something is off the crappie are not even running the shenango river yet.
Have to see how the summer walleye bite goes, hope this is not an off year.

thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 933
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/07 08:11:23 (permalink)
That's because we caught them all 3 days we killed it then they left I heard reports of slabs being caught 2 weeks prior the white bass are in now crappie left, also been seeing lots caught out of shanango and pyme

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/07 10:26:18 (permalink)
How's the heaters working in those boats now days ? Talk about the Dead Sea (Pymy)
Bait shops got to be real empty....seen them cleaning cob webs off the shelves last week!

I know the Walleye bite is coming................?????  
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3350
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2017/05/07 10:48:43 (permalink)
Spring Classic postponed to May 13th.

crappy
Page: << < ..5657585960.. > >> Showing page 60 of 72
Jump to: