Helpful ReplyHot!_________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 33
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8209
  • Reward points: 0
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/02 21:30:35 (permalink)
WAYNE............  One of these days I'll get that bug!!!!!!!!! 

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

wayne c
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3712
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/03 15:08:01 (permalink)
I donno where he came from.   Just appeared toward the bottom of my posts after I had shared private messages with an unclean woman.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/09 14:31:43 (permalink)
Ummmmmmmm.............  uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................  I know we'll get em second half..........  won't we?........  please.

Goooo Stillers........  sometime soon?

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/09 14:35:12 (permalink)
wayne c
I donno where he came from.   Just appeared toward the bottom of my posts after I had shared private messages with an unclean woman.

TSK.........  TSK.                 You do know they will multi-ply?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2014/11/09 14:45:36

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/17 21:26:49 (permalink)
Here we go Stillers.......  Here we go........ the Stillers are going to the __________ Bowl.

Sorry, I know the 'team' is trying.  I'll try to be more positive, just as soon as Tomlin is sent packing.

Heard a rumor that the 49ers may be looking for a new HC;  wouldn't it be nice to get Harbaugh  as the Stiller's HC?

Ok...Ok..... I'll go back to the game!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/18 10:45:26 (permalink)
  They won.........  They won.........    Anybody watch them play; was it a good game?

Do I sound sarcastic?

Hey......  speaking of Jim Harbaugh.  Just think how exciting that would be having him, coach the Stillers and his brother John, coaching the Stiller's  infamous arch rivals!!  Wouldn't the news media just love that scenario; pitting player against player, team against team and, brother against brother!  Ohhhhhhhhhhh..........  The drama of it all!!!!  (Don't worry about Mike; the 49rs will be needing a coach )

Uh-Oh.........  text from mother nature.........  I gotta go.

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6699
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/18 14:16:29 (permalink)
It will be interesting to see if they pick up someone to replace Blount.  Unfortunate that he had to be a little baby, but Stiller's brass did the right thing.  Bell is going to need a complimentary back to spell him.  One that isn't 5' 8" and 170 lbs.  I wonder if they have confidence in Josh Harris to take on some of the load?  Ben Tate is available, but sounds like an injury prone clone of Blount...
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/18 15:32:56 (permalink)
Should be interesting and time will tell....... who picks Blount up.   I wouldn't jump to conclusions (me jump to conclusions; never) and brand Blount as a baby.  I would not want to waste my time as a, bench warmer or a goat, either.  The dude wants to do, what he's good at and the Steelers coaching staff lacks the (balls) knowledge to use him properly.  Somebody has got to stand-up to Tomlin and 'Big Ben' and tell them there's more to football then throwing 'long bombs' and holding records for getting sacked.  In my book, 'Mr. (MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY) Tomlin should be looking for a job BEFORE the season ends.  Tomlin can not coach and even if he did know something about the game, his "UNTIL THE MORALE IMPROVES; THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE" attitude ain't the way to 'get-r-done'.   Not permitting a man to perform at what he does best is worse then giving him a whooping.  When you need a solution to a problem; there's always more than one way to skin a cat.  Unless your Mike Tomlin.

Go Stillers..............

D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7056
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/18 15:45:25 (permalink)
They have already replaced Blount.

Josh Harris, Rookie RB out of Wake Forest, off of their practice squad.

Stand up to Tomlin or Ben?  Puhhh leeeeze, misplaced thoughts right there.  Bell was on fire last night, first 200 yard game for a steeler RB since 2006.  Too bad for Blount, Bell was on a roll & no coach would have put Blount in there last night.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/18 16:23:54 (permalink)
D-nymph
They have already replaced Blount.

Josh Harris, Rookie RB out of Wake Forest, off of their practice squad.

Stand up to Tomlin or Ben?  Puhhh leeeeze, misplaced thoughts right there.  Bell was on fire last night, first 200 yard game for a steeler RB since 2006.  Too bad for Blount, Bell was on a roll & no coach would have put Blount in there last night.

I wouldn't say no coach, everybody knows Tomlin has a limited play book and adding to the fact that he was desperate for a win, of course 'he' wouldn't switch backs.

No misplaced thoughts about standing up to Ben or Tomlin; just pay attention to the game as it's being played, not to after game comments by some sports writer on Yahoo or ESPN.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/19 09:50:45 (permalink)
I personally would have spelled Bell.  But, I also would have run him (Blount & Archer) a heck of a lot more than they did in the first half.  Bell was tearing off 6 YPC early in the game.  There really was no reason to pass as much as they did.  Especially with Tenn. blitzing on just about every play and disrupting the pass.  Sure, throw in a few play actions, and take a few shots here and there.  That said, when defenses blitz, and you are running, you have to beat the first guy.  Archer hasn't proven that he can, and Blount usually just took the first guy for a ride, until the second guy got there.  Effective enough to probably get 2-4 YPC to give Bell a breather.  Did he need a breather on Monday, maybe not, but he definitely will in the coming weeks.  For how hard it is to breath playing a sport in 20 degree temps, I can't imagine he would have minded getting a rest or two.  As for career day, definitely, but I think if you give him the ball that much on a regular basis, he's got the talent to mirror that performance a few times (but limit his career).  Bell is the most complete RB ever to wear a Stiller's uniform (at least since & including Franco Harris).  If he can stay healthy, and able to retain Ben or a decent QB, then he's going to put up ridiculous numbers for years.

I'd have to say there is some merit to the reports about Blount being disruptive and not the best attitude.  Although, if that was the case, I wish they would have brought Harris up earlier, and got him some special teams work and a carry or two.  Sadly, Josh Harris has a little baggage with his complaining about Wake Forrest sabotaging him.  Hopefully that attitude doesn't carry over, once he gets a few nice carries, and thinks he deserves more.
post edited by Porktown - 2014/11/19 10:44:51
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/19 11:54:53 (permalink)
That's all I'm saying Pork, a good coach knows how to mix it up, using different players.  Won't take long before a good defensive coach figures out the plays involving Bell.  Hope I'm wrong (enjoy eating crow when they win) but, I think Bell is going to get shut down.  I still feel Tomlin and 'Big Ben' are all about themselves and both spell 'team' with an 'I'.  The Stillers remain my team of choice but, I have a few other favorites and there is a difference in the, amount and type, of plays on the field during their games.  I just don't see other Q-Backs holding the ball and chancing sacks in hope of throwing the 'bomb'; they at least throw it away.  I don't see the other teams running the same plays in sequence so the defence knows when and which receivers to cover.  Even when the pass play gets shut down, Ben will lose yardage, taking a sack, instead of throwing the ball away.  I think he revels in the notoriety of getting sacked.

I'm not one to form my opinion based on what I read but; from what I see, I'm beginning to think there is a major problem between Ben and Todd as, the  sports writers indicate.  I'm beginning to wonder if similar problems existed between the other offensive coaches too.  After all Whisenhunt and Arians are both moving up in the NFL.

Heck.............  Sometimes I wonder if Ben has vision problems scince he bounced his head of the windshied of another vehicle.

Giving credit where credit is due; Bell is outstanding, I love the way he waits and watches for the 'hole' to open up and his speed is exceptional.  Just hope he can carry the load without getting burned out or hurt, time will tell.

I see how players on other teams 'make plays happen' even if they have to run out of route.  I seem to recall Tomlin making a big issue of the need for discipline if a player doesn't stick to the plan.   I believe he made an example of a player or two regarding this issue.  Not saying disicpline isn't needed but, you have to be careful if making an example, so the other players don't get the wrong message.

Learned a lesson that said; "Being tactful is when you can tell a another person to go to hell, in such a manner that, they actually look forward to going".   Saying "Until The Morale Improves; The Beatings Will Continue" just doesn't do it.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2014/11/19 11:57:32

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/19 13:38:26 (permalink)
We really don't know what happened on the sidelines and why Blount wasn't put in the game after a few appearances without a carry.  I'm sure more info will become available.  He may have mouthed off on the sidelines and burned his chance of getting back in the game, well before he stormed off of the field.  Any coach that still puts a guy in after that, no matter of the need to mix it up, is letting his team be overrun.  Not saying that is what happened, but it seems like the case.  Blount had his fair share of carries this year, so I don't think there was an instant change of coaching philosophy to not include someone to spell Bell, just out of the blue.  Which probably explains why they didn't go all in on the rush attack in the first half, to save Bell for the 4th quarter.  If that is the case, it was a genius coaching strategy.  Although, if up by 30 at the half, I think they could have let Will Johnson run out the clock.

As for the play calling, in the first half, I am not sure who was responsible.  Haley and Ben seem to split that role.  I agree that Ben holds onto the ball too long, but he has done that since he has been here, and likely did it at Miami.  That style has won, more than it has lost.  To me, I think he has maybe a year or two, of being physically able to make that style work.  It takes a lot of strength, agility and awareness for that style to work.  Something that seems to go down hill after year 30 rolls around.  The play calling definitely changed in the second half.  Again, not sure who made the call, but typically, the head coach as well as most position coaches, have input during half time adjustments.  They made the adjustments and more importantly, they executed the adjusted game plan.  That was one of the fastest and most deflating 4th quarters that I have seen in a while.  The score board was a bit deceiving of how the Stillers closed out that game.  Something that I think will give the offensive line in particular, a good bit of confidence to end the season.

It will be interesting to see how the AFC North sorts itself out.  Gordon back in Cleveland should be huge.  If the Stillers can get at least half of their injured guys back, especially on defense to help the pass rush and disguise their deficiencies in the secondary.  Both Baltimore and Cincy seem to be as inconsistent as the Stillers.  If Cleveland didn't throw away their first round pick on Johnny Football, they would be right in line to take over this division for years.
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7056
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/19 16:28:47 (permalink)
Porktown
We really don't know what happened on the sidelines and why Blount wasn't put in the game after a few appearances without a carry.  I'm sure more info will become available.  He may have mouthed off on the sidelines and burned his chance of getting back in the game, well before he stormed off of the field.  Any coach that still puts a guy in after that, no matter of the need to mix it up, is letting his team be overrun.  Not saying that is what happened, but it seems like the case.  Blount had his fair share of carries this year, so I don't think there was an instant change of coaching philosophy to not include someone to spell Bell, just out of the blue.  

Perhaps the explanation for Blount getting no carries is very simple - The last game (Jets) he had 5 carries for 0 yards, including a drive killing 8 yard loss from the Jets' 2 yard line.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/20 11:20:02 (permalink)
Gonna be interesting for the rest of the season for Bell;  Tod Haley says the Stillers will take all he can give and, give all he can take.  Rookies Dri Archer and Josh Harris, are the backups for Bell and offensive coordinator Todd Haley said that the team would be riding Bell hard in the near future.

Gonna be interestin'................  10-4!

GOOOO Stillers...............  Good luck Le'veon!

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2014/11/20 11:29:38

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/20 14:57:22 (permalink)
BREAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKING News............................

And ya heard it first, right here, on the FishUSA blog.

BTDT Reporting to you from "somewhere between lost and found"

Patriots have picked up Blount!   

Hello?

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/20 23:56:17 (permalink)
Oakland does it...........

Raiders 24 Chiefs 20

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/21 07:55:08 (permalink)
What's the over/under on BeenThere, spending the morning trolling KC area fishing boards, posting to himself about firing Andy Reid?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/21 09:48:07 (permalink)
Good morning Pork.. Did you mean to say? What's the skinny on?....... Or, wassup with?........ Or, what's going on with?

Heck when I read the first words of your guestion I thought you were going to be talking about shotguns.

Now if I may; What's the skinny on 'Porktown', is he a FBI agent (FishUSA Board Investigator) posing as a troll?

Enjoy your day.

Go Steelers

PS. Thanks for reading my post, it's exciting to see my fan base growing.

Good for my ego too!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2014/11/21 09:53:02

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/23 13:58:58 (permalink)
Released by the Steelers on Tuesday.......... Picked up by the Patriots on Thursday............. In the end zone on Sunday.

Blount scores from 'the red zone'!!

FROM THE RED ZONE......... HELLO?

Tell me again; how smart, Tomlin is!

Go Steelers!.............
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2014/11/23 14:02:23

ridgehunter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 826
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/23 17:24:48 (permalink)
No doubt that he's a good back but Tomlin and the Rooneys made the right decision when they released him. 

They sent him off with a few pacifiers and a case of Gerber baby-food. 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/11/23 21:17:10 (permalink)
Let's hope they don't need to buy back some of those pacifiers along with some crying towels. (lol)

Did you see that catch by Beckham Jr.? That was just plain awsome!!!!

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/12/29 16:29:43 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Wow the Browns hand it to the Steelers.....

The Eagles just thumped the Giants.......

Browns and Eagles watching the playoffs, while Tomlin and Haley could very well get contract extensions.  Shows the panic mode that losing to an awful organization like the Cleveland Browns causes.

Bell's injury shows not tearing, but could miss the game against the Real Browns.  I really wish they would have worked Josh Harris into the game plan of (mostly wins) since they sent Blount packing.  Hindsight is 20/20 and they won most of the games, so I can't really complain too much.  He looked great on the long run called back by a hold, but still always nice to get some playing time in before being thrust into a starting role.  Maybe the limited game tape on him will help?  I can't imagine that it will be anything less than we're used to seeing from Stillers/Ravens.  Bungles will likely lose, since they can't win in the playoffs.  I don't see the Patriots losing to anyone, until the Packers take them out in the Superbowl.  I'd love for the Stillers to have me eat my words about them not being a very good team, especially defense, but I think their run ends either Saturday or next week.  But, if Ben is accurate, and doesn't have a game that the ball is sailing on him, they have a shot.  Maybe the second hottest team in football, at the right time to be hot.

I heard their schedule for next year, wow...  If they can somehow make the playoffs next year, they definitely need to extend Tomlin.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2014/12/29 21:11:36 (permalink)
 I'd love for the Stillers to have me eat my words about them not being a very good team; If they can somehow make the playoffs next year, they definitely need to extend Tomlin.~Porktown.

Sorry I just can't give Tomlin any credit but, as for eating your words, I have some recipes (use them myself from time to time) for roasted crow. (lol)  

May be needing the recipes myself; hope so!

Goooooo Stillers.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/03 18:56:50 (permalink)
If ever there was a football game being thrown by the officials; it's gotta be the wildcard game, between the Panthers and the Cardinals.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/03 23:40:00 (permalink)
I hain't saying a word.........................  only cause it's in my New Year resolution.  Hee he!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/04 19:33:24 (permalink)
If ever there was a football game being thrown by the officials; it's gotta be the wildcard game, between the Panthers and the Cardinals.

Dang.............. wrong again......................  Detroit and Dallas

Can't remember if I ever saw the officials helping a team 'eat up the clock' in the fourth quarter.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/11 13:45:23 (permalink)
Just wondering if the Cheese Heads are going to stay in the stands if the officiating turns sour and becomes corrupt again today.  Pass interference called for incidental contact against GB than no call for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Nahhhhhh!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/13 21:01:09 (permalink)

Speaking of Denver.......................  Have you seen Elway during his press conference thanking "John Elway"?

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/01/13 21:03:48

ridgehunter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 826
Re: _________ Is Going To The Super Bowl!! 2015/01/14 07:26:59 (permalink)
My SB prediction:  Green Bay vs New England with Green Bay winning it. 

Stay tuned.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 33
Jump to: