Pymie or Shenango: Which is better?

Author
slabdaddy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1780
  • Reward points: 0
2014/09/09 12:54:20 (permalink)

Pymie or Shenango: Which is better?

Just for fun, which is the better crappie lake? Is it Pymie or is it Shenango? Which is the better walleye lake? I've seen some giant slabs come out of both. I'm just curious what you guys think. I haven't fished either one of them since May. I'm thinking about going out this weekend. Is anyone doing any good in either lake lately? Post some fishing stories from those lakes. A friend of mine has caught 3 crappies over 18" from Shenango. Anyone ever see slabs of that size come out of Pymie?

“If you're in trouble, or hurt or in need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.”
John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

7 Replies Related Threads

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8511
    Re: Pymie or Shenango: Which is better? 2014/09/10 06:50:31 (permalink)
    Better talk to chauncy
    Shenango
    Pymy

wirenut45
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 152
    Re: Pymie or Shenango: Which is better? 2014/09/10 06:53:27 (permalink)
    no, not from pymy, however , i,ve seen some 18ers thru the ice at arthur a few years ago. (few yrs. being debatable, i,m old ,n, time gets away.) lol wire
    slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re: Pymie or Shenango: Which is better? 2014/09/10 15:49:35 (permalink)
    I can't imagine catching an 18" crappie. That would be awesome. It's probably better that I don't catch one. I would have to sell something in order to be able to afford to mount it. LOL

“If you're in trouble, or hurt or in need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.”
    ShiverMeTimber
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re: Pymie or Shenango: Which is better? 2014/09/10 18:49:05 (permalink)
    I must be gettin' old........  Sittin' here LOOKIN' at pictures of fish when I should be on the water TAKIN' pictures of fish!!  Soon as this cold front passes I'm shovin' off!  Trouble is, I don't know if I should fish Shenango or Pymatuning?? 

I've sailed the concrete oceans and the asphalt seas where, the hills and mountains were waves to me............  Good stuff; Big trucks bring it
    chauncy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1298
    Re: Pymie or Shenango: Which is better? 2014/09/11 09:07:31 (permalink)
    Fish either lake. You say that a friend caught 4lb crappies from shenango, huh? Okay. Good for him.
    At Pymy, you'll catch bigger crappies consistently. Shenango, you'll catch numbers with some bigger fish mixed in. The easy bite on both lakes should be starting soon.
    slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re: Pymie or Shenango: Which is better? 2014/09/11 10:52:33 (permalink)
    I don't know if they weighed 4lb, but they were over 18". He has one mounted and pictures of the others. He knows you.

slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re: Pymie or Shenango: Which is better? 2014/09/11 11:01:28 (permalink)
    I can't wait for that easy bite to start! lol. It's been my experience that a bigger average come from Pymie too. I'm biased though because I really haven't fished Shenango a fraction as much as I've fished Pymie.

Jump to: