First Day Streams

Author
nateclipse3
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/12 16:51:48 (permalink)

First Day Streams

A friend and I are pumped for the first day of trout but have never fished Erie County on the first day and can't decide where to go.  We go to school up here and are used to fishing the Forest, Clarion, and Jefferson county areas if anyone is planning a little trip.  I'm not asking for anything specific or anyones secret holes, just wondering what streams are not packed full the first day and are amply stocked?  I know Elk is stocked well but will be crazy and we are close to Cascade but I'm guessing it will be shoulder to shoulder too.  Thanks for the advice, good luck on Saturday. 

6 Replies Related Threads

Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: First Day Streams 2007/04/12 16:55:13 (permalink)
    It most likely will be shoulder to shoulder at most easily accessed points.  Just find a spot, and join the chaos...  Have fun.

pax vobiscum +
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: First Day Streams 2007/04/12 18:08:34 (permalink)
    "Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war"

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Jim_R
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: First Day Streams 2007/04/13 09:45:24 (permalink)
    Nate- Guessing you go to Gannon?  Cascade is a nice little stream, but it will be crowded.  Fishable water from Frontier Park to the bay.  Keep an eye on it if it keeps raining, it blows out quickly.  Mostly runs and riffles towards the park with a few small holes.  Nice water on the bay end, slows down and widens out.  PM me if you are able to drive and can find your way around the county if you want more info.

Jim_R

"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind."

"The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of cold water and fresh, untainted air."
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: First Day Streams 2007/04/13 12:20:07 (permalink)
    It's a bit late to be learning where, but you probably were busy with classes. (or drinking)

Seriously, look at the stocking list, find a map, take a drive today to look at a few spots, and be flexible.  Every location will be crowded, especially early.  If you are looking to spend a leisurely day, rather than a scramble to "get your limit", you may want to start out a bit later. (like 10am)  Once the mad rush to rope the limit is subsided, you'd be amazed at how much open water you can find.  Good luck, and I hope to cross your drift someday.  I've heard some great hunting stories from folks from your neck of Penn's Woods.
    PixburghScottie
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 205
    RE: First Day Streams 2007/04/13 23:23:34 (permalink)

just wondering what streams are not packed full the first day and are amply stocked?

Not being rude, but there is no such thing in Erie County.
    eriechris
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: First Day Streams 2007/04/14 20:41:36 (permalink)
    I went by Cascade to see how everyone was doing this morning.  I couldn't believe the people down there!  The irony to me was the number of people chasing 10 inch fish!  a month and a half ago I was the only one down there and you could walk across the steel.  Hey, whatever floats everone's boat!  Good luck to everyone.

Eriechris
    Jump to: